Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sonicice posted:

Blonde Sting better BETTER have "Man called Sting" theme music to go with it. Or else.

The guy who wrote it just settled with WWE after he sued them for royalties, so we'll see if the settlement lets WWE continue to use his somgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Undertaker should still get one more moment in the sun, even if Vince sticks to the old "everyone has to go out on their back" adage. He's the motherfucking Undertaker.

Have him pop up through the ring at Wrestlemania and cost Lesnar the title or something.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Funk posted:

It's...it's a work? Right? Right? RIGHT? :smithicide:

Next WWE event in Chicago is RAW on September 29th.

Just saying.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

fatherdog posted:

Sting vs Undertaker might be the first match in history that would be built best by neither guy talking.

Undertaker is hyped up as giving his retirement speech on RAW, and as he goes to talk, the mic goes dead.

The lights go out.

A lone spotlight shines on the rafters, revealing Sting.

He points a bat at Undertaker. He then points the bat at the Wrestlemania 31 sign.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Anderson posted:

Arena burns down.

No survivors.

Cena walks out next week like nothing happened.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Daniel Bryan posted:

And then sting grabs the mic and says "Undertaker, you must now go to the ring and perform a strip tease."

Sting adds, "And if you're really going to retire, I have a great condo in Tampa you might be interested in..."

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lee Marshall calls in from hell with the 1-800-Collect Road Report

"It's a scorcher down here!"

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

cunny mcalister posted:

You and that other guy that were breaking down quarter hours like it was your job?

:lol:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Delsaber posted:

I've never actually seen that swing/dropkick combo before, holy poo poo. :stare:

It was actually a move called Montezuma's Revenge that Mexico's Most Wanted used in XPW.

Skip to 9:05:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8fbr-mKLM8

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Jerry Lawler is wrestling Kevin Steen on August 2nd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIEj_DvBmEQ

Get hyped.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Professor Tatanka

Buffalo 101

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kirios posted:

Can I have someone critically analyze 2014 and 2013 Battleground to find out which one was worse?

Tonight there was 2 good but forgettable matches, last year there was 1 good but very memorable match

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Daniel Bryan posted:

I thought this was pretty interesting. Chris Harrington (mookieghana) had a look at the first 100 televised matches of those on the WWE roster that have had one, just to see what they were doing at the time. Here's the list:

I feel like this is missing a ton of people. Hogan never had 100 TV matches in WWE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ayn rand hand job posted:

Hogan never really westled on TV for WWE, and he basically left before Raw started to be a thing. There weren't a ton of PPVS either, so he mostly worked house shows. The business was just different.

Hell I dont even know of he made it to a hundred in WCW with his schedule.

The guy's list is hosed then, because Cagematch shows Hogan's worked 250 televised matches for WWE:

http://www.cagematch.de/?id=2&nr=504&page=4&promotion=1&showtype=TV-Show%7CPay%20Per%20View&s=0

• Locked thread