Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've never "got" Ric Flair.
I've just watched the clip on YouTube of appearance last night and he just looked a bit of a geriatric. It comes across as quite sad when you're not a big fan of his. I respect all he did for wrestling, don't get me wrong.

Renee looked absolutely sensational last night though, and she was a good interviewer too. I hope she continues to make her way up the ladder to the RAW commentary table one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He probably realised that if he wants to have an easy life while being called Colby, he has to end up looking like, talking like and being like Seth Rollins. So he did.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just to go back a little bit to the WMXXX thing and Daniel Bryan, I'm not sure it's as bad as people were reading into.
The WWE want people to be tuning in week in, week out. The bit with Austin, Rock and Hogan is always going to be good for showing off because they're the big 3. Cena/Wyatt and Lesnar/Taker make sense to show because Cena/Lesnar is almost certain to be Summerslam's main event and that airs the same month. Showing Bryan's segments is a better thing for summing up WMXXX, but it's not necessarily a good thing if you want people to tune in because Bryan's out for the forseeable future.

The show is almost definitely aimed at making new WWE fans, and I imagine that the number of people who seen WMXXX but are interested in WWE are ridiculously low in number because that things on the Network and almost surely easy to find on free streaming services now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Red posted:

I'm picturing Rollins at ringside, cheering on Cena during the match, but when Lesnar wins, he just turns around and walks away.

I would love it if they booked Lesnar so strongly as a monster that the MITB holder won't risk it even after a 25 minute or so match.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Daily Mail will dive on anything it can use to stir up a bit of controversy and get some cheap hits for themselves. The WWE were very disrespectful to use that as part of their story, and the story as a whole is generally distasteful but Daily Mail using that distaste to get themselves a bit of screen time feels like it's just a tiny bit worse.

Both companies should have respect and not use the suffering of innocents as cheap hooks for ad revenue or ticket sales, but that's not the way of the world I guess.

• Locked thread