Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Not a great show but I enjoyed it well enough, and Ambrose continues to be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If the entirety of Sting's negotiations with WWE were forcing them not to put something stupid on the back of his shirt, then I consider negotiations to have been a complete success and well worth the time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Why do they say Cena-Kun and AJ-Chan? Those are Japanese honorifics and they're Americans :confused:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

Can we assume Brad Maddox is slowly and violently getting his revenge on those he perceives to have usurped him?

Remember that time he gave that weird promo about the Shield in a quasi-Bane voice?

Maybe he's off training to return as a monster terrorist/charismatic cult leader/nihilist!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RBX posted:

Quoting this for prosperity.

Wait, somebody is paying you for quotes? Why wasn't I informed this was an option? :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sunsweet posted:

But yeah, overall people absolutely knew Sting by the Crow makeup and the old theme music. He got a bigger reaction than I would have expected.

A lot of people say that Sting was a nobody and a loser and not a big star.

Those people are liars :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

89 posted:

BAD GIANT!

"Hey there big buddy! :3:"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CobiWann posted:

With regard to the Network, there's a Logan's Run "RENEW" joke somewhere, but damned if I can find it.

Vince McMahon has a pitch-black crystal in the palm of his hand and everybody is constantly complimenting him on how blue it is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Joey McChrist posted:

i am hype for the stinger :wcw:

:hellyeah::hf::wcw:

I'm sure the money and the prestige of the match would be all the motivation Sting needs to get into the best shape he possibly can.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

edit: I'm unclear on what "fantasy booking" actually means and if this conversation qualifies please let me know so I can shut up.

"I'd like to see Cena vs Taker with Taker as the heel, that would be cool!" isn't fantasy booking.

"Okay here's the deal, so Cena comes out and he's cutting this promo about he's the champ and nobody can beat him, right? Then he goes through a series of matches and beats everybody, and no matter who he beats he just doesn't seem to be happy and he keeps cutting promos about how the champ is only as good as the competition. Finally he has this long drawn out feud with Bad News Barrett who is the only guy can give him pause - it's a great feud, all the matches are really great and the crowd loves them and merchandising is through the roof but Cena still doesn't seem happy. Finally he beats Barrett in the definitive blow-off match and the next night he comes out on Raw and is all,"I've beaten everybody there is and the fact is that it means nothing to me anymore, I no longer have the fire I need to be THE CHAMP, so it is with a heavy heart that I announced my retir-" but THEN the gong sounds and the lights go out. When they come back up, Cena is laid out in the ring and Undertaker is standing over him holding the title. "Not everybody, John!" declares Undertaker,"For you see I am the shepard of lost souls, and yours is a very lost soul indeed! I challenge you for your title, and once I have defeated you, then and only then will I allow you to retire, a beaten cur that I grind beneath my boots!" Taker drops the belt on Cena and leaves, but as the show is going off the air, Cena stirs and looks up and HE'S SMILING and now the crowd know he has refound the spark in his life, the passion to be the best. Thank me later for the idea, WWE :smug:" - THAT is fantasy booking.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Doesn't Taker vs. Sting have the opposite effect though? There's no way they'd have Taker lose two in a row, especially against someone primarily known for his WCW career. Taker vs. Cena...welllll.....I'm honestly not sure who would win that one.

The appeal of Taker and Sting (for me at least) would be seeing the over-the-top theatrics and incredible visuals that the WWE would come up with - the Undead Biker Demon Soul-Collector vs the Silent Avatar of Justice, two icons who for many absolutely represent the two biggest wrestling promotions of all time and have never met in the ring.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vintimus Prime posted:

So do you guys think WWE will finally address the CM Punk situation on RAW this Monday?

They've already addressed it a number of times. The narrative is,"He left" with members of The Authority being snide or smug about it in order to generate boos from the audience.

Given they're going to be in Chicago, there might be another fakeout or mention of his name, but I doubt it'll be anything new we haven't seen already.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

Undertaker is hyped up as giving his retirement speech on RAW, and as he goes to talk, the mic goes dead.

The lights go out.

A lone spotlight shines on the rafters, revealing Sting.

He points a bat at Undertaker. He then points the bat at the Wrestlemania 31 sign.

A bewildered JJ Dillon staggers out and begs somebody to tell him what these men want.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

I'm not sure how anyone thought Sting was returning as an actual wrestler considering the vignette literally started with the 2k Games logo. I don't know what else they had to do, aside from put up a full screen graphic that said "THIS IS FOR THE VIDEO GAME YOU GUYS".

Probably because they were looking at the ring/talking to each other and then sound coming over the speakers made them realize something was happening on the titantron so they turned to look at what was happening just in time to see STING IT'S STING IT'S STING STING IS HERE YOU GUYS IT'S ST... oh, it's an ad for a bad videogame. :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's only a brief mention, but there's something kinda wonderful to me about Werner Herzog recommending his academic friends watch Wrestlemania.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The burial of Triple H continues unabated. First they make him curtain jerk at Mania, then he and his team get clean swept by The Shield, now they're not even screening his match in the NBC special.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

Dang it didn't take long for WM30 to become meaningless to PSP

Wrestlemania 30 was the best Wrestlemania since 24, and I'll long continue to have fond memories of it :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

3 years ago today.

This remains one of my favorite, most surreal and wonderful memories of WWE :allears:

Paulocaust posted:

John Cena is not a good wrestler.

Correct, he is a great wrestler.

Shine posted:

My girlfriend stopped watching wrestling before Kurt Angle debuted, and I want to show her some good Angle stuff, with the big "YOU SUCK" entrance, a heel promo with the usual boasting, and a great showcase match, preferably from after he shaved his head. Any suggestions? I also never watched PPV's back in the day, so holler if there are any hella good PPV matches I can catch on The WWE Network Which You Should All Purchase Today, It's A Great Value Like Netflex, But Better Maggle.

Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle at Royal Rumble 2003 is probably the best wrestling match I have ever seen in my life (the LOSER of the match got a standing ovation from the crowd for God's sake). For added hilarity, watch the HHH/Steiner match that precedes it as it is probably one of the WORST wrestling matches I have ever seen in my life.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Remember when loving Billy Gunn and Road Dogg held the tag titles in 2014? That was a lovely loving time for everyone involved.

To be fair, it eventually lead to them trying to relive their glory years as enforcers for HHH and getting MURDERED by The Shield at Wrestlemania, which was absolutely perfect.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Great, which ones should I watch, keeping in mind I wouldn't touch a Bikertaker match with a dead dog's dick.

You'll hate me for saying it, but Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker at No Mercy 2002 is their best match against each other but is also during Taker's Biker/American Badass phase. It's REALLY good though, and proof that a Hell in a Cell doesn't need crazy spots. It would have been a far better Wrestlemania match than the one they ended up having (as Supreme Allah says).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm surprised it didn't get spoiled or make the news sites, but WWE suffered another tragic loss this week with a freak accident on Smackdown - Luke Harper's only shirt got torn. :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Trigger warning

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Valeyard peeing himself itt

Well even though he's not on the cover I'm assuming the Cena/Punk matches MUST be on this, right? Because how could Cena's best matches ever not be?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Yeah, the listing has Punk.

Then all is right with the world.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DingoSlasher posted:

Jericho winning made me cry.

That made no sense to me at all. Other than that I quite liked the PPV - it was also nice to see a relatively good Divas Title match even if it was pretty botchy. It warmed my heart to hear the crowd go from chanting for CM Punk to dueling chants for AJ and Paige :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Happyman posted:

I imagine that's not an airplane but a submarine. Brock Lesnar is sealed away in an underwater prison, the pressure of the ocean the only thing that can keep his power at bay.

Satellite imagery of Brock's "home"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Alouicious posted:

that's Cesaro, you can tell by the hairline

Also by the face.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ScottyBomb posted:

Yeah, he's so ice-cold right now I have no idea how they can ever get the crowd behind him again.

He could literally get the crowd behind him again with a single match. Hell, during the Battle Royale they were getting excited every time they saw he was setting up for something with Kofi.

Cesaro's push has stalled without a doubt but the guy is quality and the crowd now knows what he is capable of, and they'll respond when he gets given a chance to actually demonstrate that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The weak link story was actually part of the build to the Shield's first ever defeat as a team, and it was loving sensational :allears:

• Locked thread