Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

An average worker whose potential is overstated?

You sir, are a peasant, ignorant of the sheer amount of seats Magnum TA could move. Go back and watch him in Starcade 85.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Joey McChrist posted:

when you put it that way, yeah that was a great raw

also don't forget rusev and swagger

Sting vs Jericho would be a money show. But it'd end up in Jericho calling Sting a dollar whore or something silly.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

I can only assume that they're jobbing Cesaro out thinking "oh well he's going to win the IC title so that will make him legitimate again!"

You'd think eventually they would realize that their midcard titles don't give anyone any kind of rub, but here we are with the same booking we've had for ages.

easy solution is to merge the IC and the US, bring back the US title gives a World Title shot rule. Now you have a reason for people to want the title.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Daniel Bryan posted:

It accomplished Rollins getting out of the ring without Ambrose having to come out and stealing all the pop.

which woulda been better than that Keystone Kops level bullshit they put together.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Not to $200K. It's just not possible.

Sting had a new baseball field in Guatemala to build.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sting getting WWE dollars could get on that TRT Spike would never pop for.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

never fails, put a woman near Lugar and he gets handsy with her. No wonder Liz hated him so much.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bradzilla posted:

If Bryan's career isn't over, I can't loving wait til he comes back because it sounds like we'll have a repeat of this year on our hands. WWE seriously didn't learn from the crowd openly making GBS threads on their product for the months leading to Mania? It's like they already want people to forget about him and that won't happen anytime soon.

I thought WWE got it right, though. They strung out the build to the point where people were frothing at the mouth for Bryan to win. Then the feud with Kane looked like the first step in a long program against The Authority. Thankfully they were smart enough to have all the Shield guys looking strong enough for main event status to cover while Bryan's out on injury.

But yeah, they really did waffle around on Bryan up until the night after the rumble.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm surprised the Marufuji didn't get a nod. I always thought he had smoother more flexible style that translated better for western fans.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

Selling a beating from Lesnar is the only conceivable reason I can see him getting pulled

Maybe we'll get one of those weird postmatch promos like did last time Lesnar kicked the poo poo out of him. I think he was legit concussed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

^^^ and doodling. the man is a compulsive doodler.

BodyMassageMachine posted:

I'd be a big fan of Brock winning the belt and then not showing up on tv often at all. Have Heyman carry the belt around, claiming that Brock is too good to be wasted on regular TV, so when he does show up at end of Raw beat downs or PPVs it's a bigger deal. Brock could be a phantom champion, maybe even with Cesaro or someone as his stand-in for night to night fights.

I'd like to see WWE do this but they'd probably run the same video package every time they return from commercial break to remind you that Brock is the champ. Plus commentary would be insufferable.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Even though the feud was absolutely stupid in parts, I thought Bray looked like a million bucks through it. That match him and Jericho was hot garbage tho. Everyone got all their poo poo in and called it a night.

I honestly can't remember when Jericho has had a decent to good match since going into part time status. Shawn Michaels?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rodney the Piper posted:

Dave gave his 2013 Payback match with Punk ****1/2.

I remember that match being long, slow and kinda devoid of heat. To the Network!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spikeguy posted:

Last night's ppv is why I like the Network. I want to watch all the PPVs just to stay in touch with the product. It's been a long time since I've been able to watch anything outside of Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. It will have to get to WCW 2000 levels before I cancel. I hope the Wyatt program goes somewhere but we'll see. Ambrose and Rollins is still the best program currently. That main event did nothing for me. I love Reigns and think he has a lot of physical charisma, but I don't know if he's going to be that exciting as a singles star.

Reigns needs more time. Rubbing shoulders with Orton and Cena will certainly help him establish the presence he needs. Of the two, a series of matches with Cena would probably get him there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RKO pictures owns and everyone has probably watched a film or two by them.

Kinda like how everyone has eaten an RKO or two in their lives.

• Locked thread