Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

The Sting promo and reaction was great. While last night may not have been meant to be a tease for him coming back necessarily, I'm hoping with that reaction both sides realize it should happen for at least one retirement match. Seeing how well done the promo package was, I can only imagine how insane his Wrestlemania entrance would be. The pyro and lighting effects that would go into a mania match with he and Taker would probably cause the power to go out in Santa Clara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Aurain posted:

I've never "got" Ric Flair.
I've just watched the clip on YouTube of appearance last night and he just looked a bit of a geriatric. It comes across as quite sad when you're not a big fan of his. I respect all he did for wrestling, don't get me wrong.

Renee looked absolutely sensational last night though, and she was a good interviewer too. I hope she continues to make her way up the ladder to the RAW commentary table one day.

I love Ric Flair and that was awful last night. It's just pretty much how he is these days. It doesn't help that WWE never gives him much to do outside of "Be Ric Flair". Kudos to Renee for not losing it in that crappy segment though.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Nobody knows. They like having two belts because it means twice the merch sales (why buy one replica belt when you can have TWO?!?!?!?), but if it's being written off, that seems like a good (albeit random) way to do it on-screen.

For real. You think they'd at least do some type of ceremony or whatever that would pop ratings.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

The general "poo poo" period between SS (ok, I guess NOC this time due to it being made a big show for renewals) and the Rumble will interesting this year assuming sub retention is crap.

Assuming I don't renew I'm expecting a flood of "RE-UP NOW AND GET PROMOTION X" type stuff during October.

• Locked thread