Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
killaer
Aug 4, 2007
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/14/gchq-tools-manipulate-online-information-leak

That sounds pretty scary. Felt like it was bound to happen at some point soon. Welp. Welcome to 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
don't worry that sounds like some poo poo that requires a very high degree of competency to pull of successfully and I just don't have that faith in the british

quote:

• GATEWAY: the "ability to artificially increase traffic to a website".

• CLEAN SWEEP which "masquerade[s] Facebook wall posts for individuals or entire countries".

• SCRAPHEAP CHALLENGE for "perfect spoofing of emails from BlackBerry targets".

• UNDERPASS to "change outcome of online polls".

• SPRING BISHOP to find "private photos of targets on Facebook".

lol spoofing emails welcome to the 90s guys

maybe UNDERPASS is why goku isn't winning all the polls nowadays

Terry Francona
Jan 20, 2004

by Cowcaster
Such bullshit,these governments/agencies get the coolest software.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
tbh all i really know is that i just farted

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
this is really loving cool fyi

when we all die out due to some super virus created by these same agencies facebook and the internet will keep on chattering away. to itself.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
can't wait for the report that identifies serious-era GBS their greatest success

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

MI6 is behind goku?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

hey kid im a computer stop all the posting

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

scrapheap challenge was a great show

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

havent they been doing this since the early 90s? BIG DEAL!

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
stop all the downloading' and eat yer meat! You can't have any pudding because HQ knows you didn't eat your meat!*

*:dong:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i didn't click the link but does it confirm that all my facebook friends are robots? because i think all my facebook friends are robots programmed to post really inane poo poo about kids too obnoxious to actually exist. all photos of snotty rear end in a top hat kids are obviously photoshopped.

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
if mi6 wanted personal pictures of me they could of just asked. i'd put on nice pants and everything.
they must be having a hard time getting off to my facebook discussions on bearing spacers.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

game cube high quality? sign me up

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

quote:

• SCRAPHEAP CHALLENGE for "perfect spoofing of emails from BlackBerry targets".

lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Dubious posted:

tbh all i really know is that i just farted

same

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
lowtax should use those tools to make the forums good again

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
stab ur facebook

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
UNDERPASS probably can't even checkbox

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

I'm actually a bit taken aback this has surprised so many people. Not in a "OH MY GOD GUYS THE LIZARDMEN ILLUMINATI" way, but I just figured we all expected this thing and had moved on.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
omg they can mess wiht teh FACE BOOKS

Seriously I can't wait until there's a push to get the majority of voting done over the internet, that'll be rad

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

quote:

The UK intelligence agency GCHQ has developed sophisticated tools to manipulate online polls, spam targets with SMS messages, track people by impersonating spammers and monitor social media postings, according to newly-published documents leaked by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden.

written by famed internet nerd slueth James Ball http://www.theguardian.com/profile/jamesball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Have you guys looked at the 'source' document?

Specifically the 'full document'?

quote:

We don't use this page anymore it became a somewhat of a Chinese menu for effect operations. Information is now available for JTRIG staff at [1]
Some of these names are amazing, though.

• Locked thread