Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
What is Sabagebu? It is a comedy airsoft show featuring cute girls that is actually funny, unlike C3-bu. It is a silly show that doesn't take itself very seriously, but it's all the better for it. Momoka is a hilarious rear end in a top hat and the people around her (mostly) deserve it. Also it is shoujou :sparkles:

It is a story of a woman out for revenge, even if it is pre-emptive. Momoka is coerced into the school's Survival Game Club, but she is surprised to find that she just wanted school club friends all along deep inside her is the brutality to step over allied corpses to gain victory. She is primarily motivated by popularity, winning, and revenge.

Zettace posted:

Sabagebu is pretty hilarious but only because the staff is taking very large creative liberties with it. Basically the shojo manga parts have been removed in favour of making the characters 100% more crazier. For example, a scene where the main character gives a girl her handkerchief is replaced with her beating the other character up instead. Quite a large leap.

grrarg posted:

Sabagebu is not a jumbo mess because the team behind it is actually a team. The writer and director did the anime adaptations of Minami-ke, Mitsudomoe, Yuru Yuri, and Love Lab. They have the formula for that type of comedy down.

Sabagebu is streaming on Crunchyroll!

brainwrinkle fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Unexpectedly a solid show. Folks who appreciate comedy should give this a chance. Momoka is great.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Momoka is the best and easily elevates what would otherwise be a rather generic slice-of-life series and turns into something truly special. Bring on the wanton violence, bring on the petty revenge!

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
After the Natto section in episode 2 I feel that Momoka would make an effective drill instructor.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Momoka is absolutely fantastic, and I hope her bouts of pre-emptive revenge never stop. Her mom is pretty great, too.

And I need a gif of the "I surrender." *execution* "Then it's a tie." *execution* exchange from episode 2.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The way I see it, Momoka is basically what you'd get if you transplanted Ichiko from Binbougami Ga! into C3-bu.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Rarely could an anime get me to actually LOL, but that scene from the top of the OP took me by surprise. I'll give this show a shot since when I heard the initial premise I was afraid it would just be this season's C3-bu. I'll have to go check out the first episode now, though I doubt it can top the second one.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

pandaK posted:

The way I see it, Momoka is basically what you'd get if you transplanted Ichiko from Binbougami Ga! into C3-bu.

This is weirdly accurate and basically everything ends up better for it.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Also the pink twin-tailed girl is what you get when you fuze Chinatsu from Yuruyuri with Kuroko from Railgun.

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.
Huh it didn't hit me until this episode, but the Blue Haired girl is dressed exactly like Jill from Resident Evil 3 in the firefight scenes. Weird thing to reference.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
As of episode one this is exactly as ridiculous and trashy as I figured a school club anime with guns would be. It had a few pretty good jokes though so I might stick with it.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Give episode 2 a shot before you decide to drop the show. The first episode was a pretty straight adaptation of the manga to introduce the characters. The anime crew were able to let loose in the second episode, and the jokes are way better as a result.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Episode two was pretty funny but twintails is annoying.

The narrator straight up asking why they were leaping through the air was good.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

pandaK posted:

This is true and anime needs more girls like Ichiko sadistically crushing cute anime girl stereotypes. (In a manner of speech and literally). This is actually my main draw for the show at the moment.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Momoka for best MC of the year.

Seriously, no one comes close.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Mr. Sunabouzu posted:

Huh it didn't hit me until this episode, but the Blue Haired girl is dressed exactly like Jill from Resident Evil 3 in the firefight scenes. Weird thing to reference.

And also apparently Ghost from MW2 in the preview for the next episode.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

Momoka for best MC of the year.

Seriously, no one comes close.

Vindictive characters always hold a special place in my heart. Nothing tastes sweeter than cold hard revenge.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

chumbler posted:

Momoka is absolutely fantastic, and I hope her bouts of pre-emptive revenge never stop. Her mom is pretty great, too.

And I need a gif of the "I surrender." *execution* "Then it's a tie." *execution* exchange from episode 2.
Here you go.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Friend was commenting on liking this show so I decided to give it a shot. Glad I did, I love this kind of comedy and Momoka is just great overall. The artstyle is very cutesy, which kind of contrasts against how Momoka absolutely gives no shits and will gleefully punch everyone's poo poo in if she wants to. Glorious.

Also Momoka in that natto commercial was hilarious and it had a bizarrely catchy tune to it. I went back at rewatched it a few times, she did a good job on the singing even though she was clearly not(to :haw:) having a good time of it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Amstrad posted:

Here you go.

Magical. Momoka is the best rear end in a top hat.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Most unexpected comedy of the season definitely

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
At first I felt like the art was a bit simplistic to the point of being offputting, but the humor and situation escalation is keeping me here. Jesus Christ, Mokarin.

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID

This show is hilarious and should be watched by everyone.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Ep3: GO GO VETERAN CROW

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Best MC. This episode is the best one yet. Momoka has no mercy against even elementary schoolers for petty reasons!

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 20, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Miou is almost as good.

"What? i won it all with my own money. :confused:"

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

So this is what happens when you make a sports anime starring the villains.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I can't believe this. Three episode test... passed.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

I can't believe this. Three episode test... passed.

This season is ridiculously promising with the comedy

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I'd like to see a crossover with C3-bu just to see them win via no mercy, probable cheating, and a disregard for safety regulations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh You want a bear? Have a bear!

This is pretty great.

EDIT: I love the lengths the narrator goes to when addressing all the absurdities and inaccuracies in the show. "It's an homage :haw:"

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 21, 2014

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

That episode reminded me of that goon who set a hornet's nest in his back yard on fire. Maybe I should buy archives...

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
If they ever do an actual match against an actual team, they should just cheese the fight by leading their teacher into the opponent's side.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Rexides posted:

That episode reminded me of that goon who set a hornet's nest in his back yard on fire. Maybe I should buy archives...

If anyone has a link to this I would greatly appreciate it

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!

ninjewtsu posted:

If anyone has a link to this I would greatly appreciate it

I think this is it?

http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/bees/1/

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Yeah, that one. It was just a big bee-orgy instead of a nest, but close enough.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This has reignited my love of anime

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID

Xeiros
Oct 4, 2013

by Smythe
MCOTS in charge of "winning" an arcade game shooting match

http://a.pomf.se/tpbfvh.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

And I thought the first three episodes were ridiculous.

That said, Mom popping out of the washing machine killed me.

• Locked thread