Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

Fandyien posted:

sounds gay, i dont think ill put in the effort to watch the other episodes

my friend was also going on about sidonia but the vacant computer animated characters were hella creepy. most anime seems to suck rear end

Sidonia I thought was pretty good, granted I only read the comic.

Real sci-fi is in short supply these days unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Eazy E
Feb 4, 2013

WANTED: BREAD OR ALIVE

Anime watchers are mentally ill and rarely have sex.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Melchior posted:

its probably because adtrw is a weeaboo version of gbs 1.0 that spawns posts like that timecode post from earlier in this thread

i thought that was ironic

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
Knight of sidonia wasn't terrible. the gyver anime had like 6 good episodes. Uhh urusai yatsura is watchable and gets pretty funny. King of beast go lion had a pretty awesome first episode. original gundam and votoms are the best robot shows.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

i am he posted:

its because anime is good

Or is it bad

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
How many of the anime fans on here have legitimately felt an actual real-life pair of female breasts? Accidentally bumping your mom's with your elbow while you're downstairs making hot pockets doesn't count. And further to this, what solace do these Chinese cartoons provide that so many of you choose them, giving up actual adult pursuits and the ability to say you're not a virgin in your twenties?

Genuine questions.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ghost of Eazy E posted:

Anime watchers are mentally ill and rarely have sex.

Actually I have plenty of sex but I am mentally ill

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Fandyien posted:

i thought that was ironic

no that was a 100% honest to god seriouspost from adtrw

Ghost of Eazy E
Feb 4, 2013

WANTED: BREAD OR ALIVE

SHISHKABOB posted:

Actually I have plenty of sex but I am mentally ill

Jacking off to anime isn't sex.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Melchior posted:

thats like really super depressing

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Lowtax posted:

my daughter drew this fan art of Freddy

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kirk Johnson posted:

How many of the anime fans on here have legitimately felt an actual real-life pair of female breasts? Accidentally bumping your mom's with your elbow while you're downstairs making hot pockets doesn't count. And further to this, what solace do these Chinese cartoons provide that so many of you choose them, giving up actual adult pursuits and the ability to say you're not a virgin in your twenties?

Genuine questions.

Lol dude I watch like 1 anime per year or less.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ghost of Eazy E posted:

Jacking off to anime isn't sex.

:smith:

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
im excited at the prospect of every1 enjoying cromartie high school even if it is the *pinches nose* inferior dub version

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
Anime got extra really terrible in the 2000's.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Melchior posted:

in adtrw's defense after he posted that everybody made fun of him

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

SHISHKABOB posted:

Or is it bad

no.... it's good

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

dontcareaboutname posted:

nah

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Fandyien posted:

thats like really super depressing

basically every megathread in adtrw is either bitching at how the show should have went or rube-goldbergian justifications as to why 'x scene isn't super creepy and borderline pederastian', so yes pretty much

mango gay touchies posted:

in adtrw's defense after he posted that everybody made fun of him

less because of content and more because it deviated from the hivemind impression of the show (kinda okay but some really offputting scenes)

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fucker posted:

im excited at the prospect of every1 enjoying cromartie high school even if it is the *pinches nose* inferior dub version

I dunno those vids of the dubs people linked were pretty amusing.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Anybody catch last night's Lemon Shrill: Pocket Thief-o!?! It was great. Mitari and Shoshiba had to play Dr. Satan F's violin for like 20 straight minutes... lol love that meme!! Also looking forward to tonight's Mezza Junk Dojo, where Frigu finally gets what's coming to him, and Zelta Detta Chromo-X, with a surprise mystery guest (HINT: Papa Rollo and his dog Barnstoop).

ANYWAY thx again for the fansubs, and shout out to TeAm Tr1LL for localizing My Putrid Lover: Mucksack Trio, Yamblo Hustler, and (my all time fave) Buster Throwdown Ultimate (My Teacher Swore It!).

peace out

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

i am he posted:

its because anime is good

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Kirk Johnson posted:

Genuine questions.

it doesn't matter, because if they say they haven't then you'll say 'ha I told you so' and if they say they have you'll say 'I don't believe you'

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Fucker posted:

everyone look at this stupid idiot that thinks the dub is bad

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

dontcareaboutname posted:

it was always terrible:ssh:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Melchior posted:

basically every megathread in adtrw is either bitching at how the show should have went or rube-goldbergian justifications as to why 'x scene isn't super creepy and borderline pederastian', so yes pretty much

less because of content and more because it deviated from the hivemind impression of the show (kinda okay but some really offputting scenes)

The evangelion thread is good (purely because of tuxedo catfish)

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Lowtax posted:

Anybody catch last night's Lemon Shrill: Pocket Thief-o!?! It was great. Mitari and Shoshiba had to play Dr. Satan F's violin for like 20 straight minutes... lol love that meme!! Also looking forward to tonight's Mezza Junk Dojo, where Frigu finally gets what's coming to him, and Zelta Detta Chromo-X, with a surprise mystery guest (HINT: Papa Rollo and his dog Barnstoop).

ANYWAY thx again for the fansubs, and shout out to TeAm Tr1LL for localizing My Putrid Lover: Mucksack Trio, Yamblo Hustler, and (my all time fave) Buster Throwdown Ultimate (My Teacher Swore It!).

peace out

Lol

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
We all know robotech had the best dub.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

everyone look at this stupid idiot that thinks the dub is bad

i didnt say bad.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

dubs are bogus, im always disappointed when something is dubbed, because i like to think i can distinguish inflection in super foreign languages

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

classic whompcomic

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Melchior posted:

its probably because adtrw is a weeaboo version of gbs 1.0 that spawns posts like that timecode post from earlier in this thread

To be completely fair, TVIV is not a whole lot better in that regard.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

SHISHKABOB posted:

The evangelion thread is good (purely because of tuxedo catfish)

i think the most amusing thing about eva is the mental progression of people who watched the series, then the original movies for the first time. I have made a halfhearted attempt to watch the new movies but in all honesty i dont expect them to be any less depressing

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

anime's gotten me laid, yeah I said it, and it was a hot as fr*ggin' h*ck kemonomimi girl too

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

i have had tons of hetero pv sex, btw

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

doesnt the guy in EVA jerk it all over an unconscious teenager, and its like a major plot point?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

mango gay touchies posted:

anime's gotten me laid, yeah I said it, and it was a hot as fr*ggin' h*ck kemonomimi girl too
yeah laid into a grave, six feet under!!!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fandyien posted:

doesnt the guy in EVA jerk it all over an unconscious teenager, and its like a major plot point?

yes it's gross

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Melchior posted:

i think the most amusing thing about eva is the mental progression of people who watched the series, then the original movies for the first time. I have made a halfhearted attempt to watch the new movies but in all honesty i dont expect them to be any less depressing

I watched evangelion when I was fifteen years old and it has had a lasting impact on my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Lowtax posted:

yeah laid into a grave, six feet under!!!

*silently turns in anime badge and gun*

• Locked thread