Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

We are vindicated in the GBS title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot
alright

it's time to trash this dump

-snake from the anime version of the simpsons

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
He said SOME anime is good SOME.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
my opinion on your posting but replace vampires with good posting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Q6AwrGUkQ

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I knew it!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
They made you an entire forum. Why can't you just post in BYOB and stop acting like a spastic loser in GBS?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
mods lie

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hobohemian posted:

They made you an entire forum. Why can't you just post in BYOB and stop acting like a spastic loser in GBS?

I don't know Hobohemian.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

anime is for little faggy bitches hth

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

BeefThief posted:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BeefThief posted:

hmm poo poo.. does that mean i have to watch anime?? :crossarms:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Cromartie isn't anime, it has Freddy Mercury in it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Hobohemian posted:

que?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

freddie mercury is dead and gay but was also cool so probably would have not liked anime

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

it makes me angry that there are so many people who like something as bad as anime. there is a reason why liking anime is taboo in normal society: because its bad and the people that like it suck

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Well its one of the good animes so this is okay to me.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BeefThief posted:

because its bad and the people that like it suck
*Because the People Whom Like's it Sucks

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

BeefThief posted:

freddie mercury is dead and gay but was also cool so probably would have not liked anime

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

Yes let's all listen to the ugly fat dork

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

BeefThief posted:

freddie became gay because he realized that his anime waifu couldn't exist in the real world

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
someone said anime is good, it's time for the bronies to post image macros owning them.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp

quote:

Psychologists believe (and you can read the academic papers if you don't believe me) that a lot of interest in anime is actually predicated on the developmentally-retarded sexual immaturity of the (relatively) young males who consume it. It's also the reason that the Western males in this demographic like to lionize Asian women as the epitome of beauty and talk about how they would love to have "waifus" etc.

Basically what the papers say is this: These men are sexually immature, almost always virgins past the point of it being acceptable amongst their peers, are petrified by the possibility of sex and are ill-equipped both socially and emotionally to acquire it even if they wanted to. They don't have girlfriends, have never had girlfriends and the prospect of engaging in normal male-to-female, sexual-interest interaction is terrifying because they haven't developed the necessary social skillset to do it competently (because they squandered their developmental time on other pursuits while their more successful peers were out partying or whatever). Anime helps fill this gap and fuels fantasies of sexual success by focusing almost exclusively on A: Asians and B: teenagers or young girls (usually both) because these two sets are seen as initially sexually non-threatening and more "malleable" than the grown adult women who scare them: young girls and teenagers are naive, sexual blank slates who don't know any better, who won't ask questions and who are far more easily manipulated than adult women and by dint of this, will be less likely to spot their (the males') fumbling ineptitude and won't smell virginity on them the same way dogs do fear. Similarly, Asian women are stereotyped as being chaste, quiet, compliant and laconic i.e. more accepting and less likely to "out" or embarrass or call them on the fact that they're in their mid-twenties and have perhaps never kissed a girl before.

That's the gist of it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Makes sense to me

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ha ha ha yeah right on! fuckin virgin anime liking losers!

*thumbs up to empty room, masturbates to the point of bleeding while crying*

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
long con honeypot this is going to be awesome

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Stoic Commie posted:

If this were a honeypot it would be Kill la Kill not Cromartie

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

gas gbs ban lowtax

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Stoic Commie posted:

It's sad that you think this.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lowtax losing it I feel. We need an intervention

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
lowtax says he likes cromartie high school? im pretty sure thats enough to contact the fbi and out him as a pedophile tbh

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
no anime is awful, there are only two good animes and that's Cromartie High School and Excel Saga ~~~FIN~~~

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

I never actually watched Cromartie but all signs point to it being alright http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nrI7QUJfkvI

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's sad that you think this.

it's sad that you think i think this

i actually love anyme, i watch it all the times with my friend gg pikachu!

Stoic Commie fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 15, 2014

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Lowtax posted:

no anime is awful, there are only two good animes and that's Cromartie High School and Excel Saga ~~~FIN~~~

disturbing lack of one piece here, op

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Fucker posted:

disturbing lack of one piece here, op
oh wait and Samurai Pizza Cats

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
c'mon, Cowboy Bebop??? find me someone who dislikes Cowboy Bebop.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

c'mon, Cowboy Bebop??? find me someone who dislikes Cowboy Bebop.

You can't, it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
appropriating cowboy culture

• Locked thread