Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Cannot Find Server posted:

i don't know much of anything about comic books, but among the people i know that do follow them, not a drat one ever mentioned thor at all. does anyone actually give a poo poo about this character or are these idiots just crying for the sake of it?

only cool comic book people read thor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
looking forward to the outrage from comic book fans w a little too much 'interest' in all things nordic ᛋᛋ

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Neurosis posted:

they did that in the earth x elseworld and the backstory was that odin had turned thor into a woman to teach him to be humble

lol

Woden
May 6, 2006

big duck equals goose posted:

I seriously want them to make the Punisher a black female. That would own bones.

Was Blaxploitation ever a thing in comics?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

SPACE HOMOS posted:

says the idiot who reads comic books. please tell me how they are interesting, deep, insightful, and works of art as you throw 5 dollars down the drain every wednesday night.

lol if u pay for entertainment :yarr:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

big duck equals goose posted:

I seriously want them to make the Punisher a black female. That would own bones.

they made him black for a while in the 80s

apparently a common plastic surgery procedure

"CRACK down"

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Police Automaton posted:

Hi,

comic books are for children.

hth

actually they're target toward 40-year-old men now and for the last like 30 years

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Whoever wrote the Poetic Edda is turning in his/her grave right now.

Shameful !

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs

Decebal posted:

Whoever wrote the Poetic Edda is turning in his/her grave right now.

Shameful !

thor was literally a gay married transvestite in the poetic edda

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Nastyman posted:

thor was literally a gay married transvestite in the poetic edda

only because Freya couldn't be a team player and marry that dude

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs

Decebal posted:

only because Freya couldn't be a team player and marry that dude

dont kinkshame

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Woden posted:

Blaxploitation has always been a thing in comics, it continues to be a thing in comics

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I can't wait for all the amazing adventures of Thora, Black Captain America, and Iron Trans.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'm only in this for the outrage. :munch:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

marvel can do whatever and i'm no viking i'm pretty sure thor is a mythological figure who is a man

won't this just make the comic book character even less based on norse mythology and thus even more pointless than it already is?

like i could make a comic book called thor about a janitor who cleans things but what would be the point of calling it thor

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Comic books are garbage so who cares.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

As if a woman knows wtf a hammer is.

:fedora:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Kilmers Elbow posted:

As if a woman knows wtf a hammer is.

:fedora:

sure they do, how else are they gonna crush your balls ?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vivec has a dick and a vagina. Get on his level, Thor.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
ith her vagina thor too?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

SPACE HOMOS posted:

says the idiot who reads comic books. please tell me how they are interesting, deep, insightful, and works of art as you throw 5 dollars down the drain every wednesday night.

Five dollars? That get's you a single comic now a days, try again nerd.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Chicks have vaginas

Guys have weapons

If i see some whore at my Convention dessed like a whore Im probably going to rape her

I love comics

Women make sammiches

Whores dress up and go to conventions and need to be raped

I loving love comics and the films based on them.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rapman the Cook posted:

Chicks have vaginas

Guys have weapons

If i see some whore at my Convention dessed like a whore Im probably going to rape her

I love comics

Women make sammiches

Whores dress up and go to conventions and need to be raped

I loving love comics and the films based on them.
same

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
So is Marvel trying to create a female Avenger to rival Wonder Woman and Ms. Marvel wasn't panning out, or is this a publicity stunt to get on the news like killing Steve Rodgers or Code Red and Baja Blast Superman?

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012
meanwhile thor will continue being a kickin rad comic whilst he looks even more :black101:

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I love comics and I love to drink my own cum.

I am the generic comic lover.

I am fat and love rape.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Rapman the Cook posted:

I am fat and love rape.

me too but for real

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

CubanMissile posted:

So is Marvel trying to create a female Avenger to rival Wonder Woman and Ms. Marvel wasn't panning out, or is this a publicity stunt to get on the news like killing Steve Rodgers or Code Red and Baja Blast Superman?

When your industry is tied to the dying print medium and you refuse to go digital for fear of losing your already dwindling audience everything is a publicity stunt and none of them work.

"Why oh why aren't new people searching out and going into a store that smells like rear end to get stared down and treated like poo poo for daring to enter without a wolfshirt? Quick kill spider-man!"

Rapman the Cook posted:

I am fat and love rape.

That's redundant your name has Rap in it.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Woden posted:

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Rapman the Cook posted:

I love comics and I love to drink my own cum.

I am the generic comic lover.

I am fat and love rape.

A misanthrope posted:

me too but for real

So do these kids :)

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

CubanMissile posted:

With the movies making the bulk of their money now Marvel gets to try out different stories in their comics without having to worry about the bottom line being hurt if it tanks. Plus they have been making a real effort to have more women and minority characters to broaden their buying audience.

As far as I know Captain Marvel is doing fine. She has a solo comic and is in the Avenger stuff as well. But I'm sure they want her to be bigger so they can do a movie before DC can make a Wonder Woman movie.

Chances are Lady Thor is around for a year and then Guy Thor does a redemption angle to get the hammer back.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
As a sci fi nerd who likes impossible crap, insane stories, superpowers and plot armor as thick as hulks forhead where should i start? Used marvel comics on ebay ?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

FunkyFlashman posted:

As a sci fi nerd who likes impossible crap, insane stories, superpowers and plot armor as thick as hulks forhead where should i start? Used marvel comics on ebay ?

googling your username would be a good place to start

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Girl Thor should wield some magic stiletto heels of thunder for insanely sick cock & ball torture IMO

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
I know funky flashman, i want to know where to buy funky flashman. I guess used ones at some weird rear end store i have to find in a big city(eurofag) :P

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 16, 2014

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

FunkyFlashman posted:

I know funky flashman, i want to know where to buy funky flashman. I guess used ones at some weird rear end store i have to find in a big city(eurofag) :P

it's pretty expensive to get the omnibuses, but there are alternatives that a lot of comic fans feel very justified in taking because the comics industry is such crap

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Digital is a no go for comics imho(if you even ment digital), at least for me. I can't use my hands for 10 hours a day without pain but touching and using paper is no problem(something chronic, doctors are too arrogant to take it seriously).

edit, i ment using a computer without pain. SOme form of RSI or so.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 16, 2014

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

FunkyFlashman posted:

Digital is a no go for comics imho, at least for me. I can't use my hands for 10 hours a day without pain but touching and using paper is no problem(something chronic, doctors are too arrogant to take it seriously).

can you handle e-readers?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

FunkyFlashman posted:

Digital is a no go for comics imho(if you even ment digital), at least for me. I can't use my hands for 10 hours a day without pain but touching and using paper is no problem(something chronic, doctors are too arrogant to take it seriously).

wait wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Probably not but willing to try if you know a good one without insane DRM mechanics. Always wanted to buy one anyways and i am sitting on alot elearn software/books also.

• Locked thread