Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if you like comedy don't post in gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

OP manages to reach broken clock levels of accuracy

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They should rework the game rules so it doesn't take forever to get through half an inning.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
So in response to your "LOL U JUST A DRUNK FRAT BOY U NOT SMART ENUFF FOR DA HARDCORE GAMES LIKE BASEBALL!" or whatever the gently caress I have this to say in return: gently caress you in your stupid loving rear end, you whiny little bitch. If you hate soccer and the people who play it so much, get the gently caress out of the thread. You don't see us going into the baseball thread and calling everyone anime faggots or something. So just shut your stupid loving mouth, if you can do that even. I know it's hard cause you've usually got a million cocks in it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

By the way, much like DOTA, at least soccer has never turned my city into a cluster gently caress of rear end in a top hat tourists driving and walking poorly. But that's because this is America and the majority of us are smart enough to realize how loving stupid soccer is so we don't have to worry about that. But it seems like we aren't smart enough to realize how lovely baseball is, so gently caress America, I guess?

E: I stand by every word of that original post, Jeffrey.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Jackie D posted:

OP manages to reach broken clock levels of accuracy

This broken clock is right at all times of day. :iiam:

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

My house backs out onto a big field with two baseball diamonds and every summer the people that play there piss in the corner of my fence because its a pretty great pissing spot but it smells bad.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I loving love baseball.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kly posted:

My house backs out onto a big field with two baseball diamonds and every summer the people that play there piss in the corner of my fence because its a pretty great pissing spot but it smells bad.

Plant some thorn bushes there or something man, make it a lovely spot to piss

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I stand on the first base and catch balls thrown to me, every day for six months

i am an elite athlete

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

THB I think baseball is just a reason to get drunk.

Watch or go to a baseball game and the first thing everyone says is "let's get drunk as gently caress so this incredibly slow and boring game seems interesting!" Then they precede to ignore the game entirely except to drunkenly yell on the off chance that something exciting actually happens.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pawn 17 posted:

THB I think baseball is just a reason to get drunk.

Watch or go to a baseball game and the first thing everyone says is "let's get drunk as gently caress so this incredibly slow and boring game seems interesting!" Then they precede to ignore the game entirely except to drunkenly yell on the off chance that something exciting actually happens.

Why would anyone go to a sport they don't really like to pay ridiculous prices for beer when they could watch something they do like and drink cheaper beer elsewhere?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Plant some thorn bushes there or something man, make it a lovely spot to piss

Theres a utility box there for something so even if i did that the city would remove them.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

TheJoker138 posted:

Why would anyone go to a sport they don't really like to pay ridiculous prices for beer when they could watch something they do like and drink cheaper beer elsewhere?

I really don't know. I mean, I get being a "fan" and living through professional athletes vicariously. But seriously, how many baseball fans (who aren't children) actually play baseball themselves or can watch an entire game sober? Not many I bet.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Al Nipper posted:

Petition for an I Don't Like Thing subforum.

agreed

and you're mustache in your ID photo exemplifies why baseball is both a manly sport and the all America's game

these people are wrong

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

reminder that thejoker138 (lol) is possibly the biggest manchild on the forums and had this exchange once:

Non Serviam posted:

I'm interviewing her again tomorrow hence the revival of the thread.
If any of you obsessive fans want to ask something, let me know here or over pm.
:-)

TheJoker138 posted:

I have questions but I'm not going to tell you any of them, and instead will save them for next time she comes around here in case I get the chance for another video interview with her.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

TheJoker138 posted:

baseball is stupid cheap yo. stupid cheap. probably best price/hour than most leisure activities.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

step into the batter's box, op. I will throw a pitch past you so fast that you will cry tears of joy and the light of baseball will touch your heart

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

By the way, much like DOTA, at least soccer has never turned my city into a cluster gently caress of rear end in a top hat tourists driving and walking poorly. But that's because this is America and the majority of us are smart enough to realize how loving stupid soccer is so we don't have to worry about that. But it seems like we aren't smart enough to realize how lovely baseball is, so gently caress America, I guess?

E: I stand by every word of that original post, Jeffrey.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster

soccer literally turns civilized first world white people into bloodthirsty murderous savages

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lord Frisk posted:

baseball is stupid cheap yo. stupid cheap. probably best price/hour than most leisure activities.

Yeah, the baseball itself is cheap, I know that. But the prices for beer and poo poo at stadiums is loving insane. Like $8 for a little loving cup of beer. Who would pay that?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
What sports are acceptable OP?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Luvcow posted:

What sports are acceptable OP?

Football, MMA, and anything where you throw something as far as you can, like javelin and shot put.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

football is so dumb that the part people like best about it is eating bbq in the parking lot

e: unless it's Canadian football, that poo poo owns

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

football is so dumb that the part people like best about it is eating bbq in the parking lot

e: unless it's Canadian football, that poo poo owns

Oh, rugby. I'll also accept rugby.

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Yeah, the baseball itself is cheap, I know that. But the prices for beer and poo poo at stadiums is loving insane. Like $8 for a little loving cup of beer. Who would pay that?

Maybe at your scumbag stadium.

Or quit whining and go to a AA/AAA game where the beers are like 3 bucks and it's more chilled out anyway.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

Lol is this about Minneapolis?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

TheJoker138 posted:

Football, MMA, and anything where you throw something as far as you can, like javelin and shot put.

Hockey is better than all of those

What are your thoughts on Bo Jackson and Dion sanders or the idea that the most difficult thing to do in sports is hit a 100mph fastball.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Lol is this about Minneapolis?

Yes. The entirety downtown right now is totally poo poo because of the stupid all-star game.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Luvcow posted:

Hockey is better than all of those

What are your thoughts on Bo Jackson and Dion sanders or the idea that the most difficult thing to do in sports is hit a 100mph fastball.

Hockey is just ice soccer, but I would be ok with it if fights were encouraged instead of looked down on. That one time the dude got his throat cut by the other guys skate was pretty loving metal, though.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

Yes. The entirety downtown right now is totally poo poo because of the stupid all-star game.

Yes, I live here, dunno about "total poo poo". There are some people but it's not really an inconvenience.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

TheJoker138 posted:

Hockey is just ice soccer, but I would be ok with it if fights were encouraged instead of looked down on. That one time the dude got his throat cut by the other guys skate was pretty loving metal, though.

Agreed.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
cricket > baseball

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

cricket > baseball

Cricket is cool but most of the usual criticisms of baseball fall especially hard on cricket too.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Albert Poo Holes

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Yes, I live here, dunno about "total poo poo". There are some people but it's not really an inconvenience.

I was working downtown earlier, and getting anywhere even close to the stadium or Nicolette is a nightmare.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Parking lots and outside the statdium are great places to buy mildly racist and community pride t-shirts. My favorite was PUJOLS GET OFF 1st AND FINISH MOWING MY LAWN

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
Elegant way for the OP to say he hates black people.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

I was working downtown earlier, and getting anywhere even close to the stadium or Nicolette is a nightmare.

I walked into work today on Nicolette. There were a few extra tourists in random baseball jerseys but it seemed fine.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I played baseball when I was a kid. Left field. It was boring as gently caress because none of those pussy rear end kids couldn't hit it out far enough for me to actually have something to do. I spent most of my time making sure the 3rd and 2nd basemen didn't gently caress up.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

I walked into work today on Nicolette. There were a few extra tourists in random baseball jerseys but it seemed fine.

My job involves driving, and having to get around down there was hell. Luckily I ended up out in the suburbs for most of today. This thread was posted while I was sitting in traffic, at a dead stop, for 15 minutes, though.

• Locked thread