Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

My job involves driving, and having to get around down there was hell. Luckily I ended up out in the suburbs for most of today. This thread was posted while I was sitting in traffic, at a dead stop, for 15 minutes, though.

Cool, life of a little Eichmann has been inconvenienced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

My job involves driving, and having to get around down there was hell. Luckily I ended up out in the suburbs for most of today. This thread was posted while I was sitting in traffic, at a dead stop, for 15 minutes, though.

Oh boo hoo I was inconvenienced today by America's Pastime so I'll nerd rage about it on the internet.

Such a beta.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Get ready for a much larger rant when the Super Bowl comes to town in a few years.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Hobohemian posted:

I played baseball when I was a kid. Left field. It was boring as gently caress because none of those pussy rear end kids couldn't hit it out far enough for me to actually have something to do. I spent most of my time making sure the 3rd and 2nd basemen didn't gently caress up.

lol of course a sickly stickman nerd team like yours would be so bad you wouldn't get to play outfield

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Luvcow posted:

What sports are acceptable OP?

TheJoker138 posted:

Football, MMA

Tell us more about your homoerotic fantasies.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Manifest posted:

Tell us more about your homoerotic fantasies.

It's a lot of guys hugging each other and towel snapping in the showers, followed by lots of hardcore gay loving.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

icantfindaname posted:

lol of course a sickly stickman nerd team like yours would be so bad you wouldn't get to play outfield

I did play outfield. Do you not know what left field is?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
lmao traffic disruptions in Minneapolis well I never, was the I35 an inconvenience too :v:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dubious posted:

lmao traffic disruptions in Minneapolis well I never, was the I35 an inconvenience too :v:

"The" I35? Get the gently caress out of my thread you filthy Californian.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

redshirt posted:

Oh boo hoo I was inconvenienced today by America's Pastime so I'll nerd rage about it on the internet.

i sobbed for a few minutes at the base of lady liberty after reading the OP

baseball is america

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Baseball is a glorious hybrid of sports and math, just like soccer is of sports and acting.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

TheJoker138 posted:

Hockey is just ice soccer, but I would be ok with it if fights were encouraged instead of looked down on. That one time the dude got his throat cut by the other guys skate was pretty loving metal, though.
Your nerdy attempt at being masculine is laudable.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

baseball is a sport for rural southerners to play in between football seasons. and by 'play' i mean sit around, chew tobacco and talk with the good old boys

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Twins have a great new stadium. You should go to a game. They've got this huge neon sign of two fat guys shaking hands that lights up whenever the twins hit a home run.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Baseball is fun, I love Sabermetrics.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Arian_Samurai posted:

Twins have a great new stadium. You should go to a game. They've got this huge neon sign of two fat guys shaking hands that lights up whenever the twins hit a home run.
What Arian_Samurai means is "They've got this huge neon sign of two that guys shaking hands that lights up once a season when a Twins player hits a home run."

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

TheJoker138 posted:

"The" I35? Get the gently caress out of my thread you filthy Californian.

Sorry you chose to live in a land of perpetual misery.

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
Watching a sport and drinking beer on a nice day? Well I never

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

coastal dwellers always look down on us midwesterners but in reality y'all are the hugest pussies ever

esp. when it comes to weather

oh no a snowflake ur gonna melt lmao

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Feranon posted:

coastal dwellers always look down on us midwesterners but in reality y'all are the hugest pussies ever

the entire northeast is basically an artic hellscape though? :confused:

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I watch baseball sometimes and I also like auto racing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Feranon posted:

Watching videos of people on the west coast trying to drive when there's snow (less than an inch) will never not be funny to me.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Lowtax posted:

I wish you still had Jeff Francoeur as your avatar

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

dontcareaboutname posted:

Elegant way for the OP to say he hates black people.

black people don't play baseball

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

^ serious baseball watchers who are adults and not just watching because its something to do with friends while drinking or attend on a nice day once in a while for the general experience of "going to a ball game"...im quite biased though and dont really give a gently caress about professional sports and havent in decades

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 16, 2014

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
The All Star game is on, and I'm watching it, just like my hero Lowtax.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Abner Assington posted:

What Arian_Samurai means is "They've got this huge neon sign of two that guys shaking hands that lights up once a season when a Twins player hits a home run."

Joe Mauer has a pretty sweet scam going where he gets paid millions of dollars to get injured and watch netflix in his basement instead of hitting home runs.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Lowtax posted:

Are you Jonah Hill in that one movie?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

counterpoint: If you don't love baseball you are dead inside.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I watch baseball sometimes and I also like auto racing.

yeah i occasionally watch WWE or a NASCAR race so as always take my serious posting opinions with a clump of salt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWKA9Zi5-_Y

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Single A ball is the best baseball. If you ever get a chance to go to a minor league game, you should do it. It is a lot of fun.

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003

BigBoss posted:

Single A ball is the best baseball. If you ever get a chance to go to a minor league game, you should do it. It is a lot of fun.

Every minor league stadium i've been to has been really nice and had awesome beer specials.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

one of my friends got box seats at a minor league game a few years back and brought a few of us along (they were very reasonably priced)

and they brought us unlimited beer and sodas and burgers and cracker jacks. it just kept coming and I couldn't believe it wasn't extra money. the beer was gr8 and the burger patties were some seriously top dollar stuff and it was generally a great time and if I still lived nearby there I'd be going several times a year

so yeah idk if all minor league venues are like that but that's my minor league story and if you're ever going to be in lexington kentucky then get box seats to a legends game. because you're gonna want something to take your mind off the fact you're in kentucky.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Terry Francona posted:

Like the OP has friends.
He must be keeping score at home.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Baseball is boring, but also incredibly simple so its easy for me to figure out what the heck is going on

felinelvr
Mar 8, 2007

Baseball sucks. Unless you like watching guys grab their crotches and spit all over the place. Gross. And their uniforms suck. :0

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Lowtax posted:

You enjoying the Royals this year Lowtax?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i tried the all star game but went back to the basketball summer league

those nubs do some sick dunks yo

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

poopzilla posted:

counterpoint: If you don't love baseball you are dead inside.

I can't really argue with this one, other than to say I don't think that not liking baseball is the reason I'm dead inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onecircles
May 6, 2009
Baseball has very nice lawns and dapper shirts and pants, however it is boring so it's kind of a toss up. Baseball should be replaced with gifs of baseball.

• Locked thread