Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Speaking of the FA, apparantly they have some sloppy finances. And instead of a big profit due to the WC, there's a loss of about 200.000 EUR.
http://sportmagazine.knack.be/sport/voetbal-nationaal/financieel-geknoei-kost-voetbalbond-200-000-euro/article-normal-528737.html

EDIT: financial snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Wasn't it just last week they said goal line tech would be too expensive to implement?

Well, well, well.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
So you may or may not know that Lierse coach Stojanovic was fired and replaced by Herman Helleputte. This happened 2 days ago.

Now Helleputte also quits. 2 days, that's got to be a record, even in the JPL.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Former JPL legend Dieumerci Mbokani just scored the clinching goal against Congo-Brazza

Nobody is talking about the African Cup here so I guess the Belgium thread is close enough!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Well then, hattrick in his third game, I think Moses Simon will be a fun player to watch :)
Hope he obliterates Anderlecht wednesday.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Bye, Idrissa. :sigh:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Go the Ghents.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute posted:

Go the Ghents.

They didn't :(

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I didn't watch all of it, but it was pretty much Two Bad Teams. Lot's of mucking about in the midfield, barely any proper chances, Anderlecht just clinching it because they actually have people who can Score A Goal.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute posted:

I didn't watch all of it, but it was pretty much Two Bad Teams. Lot's of mucking about in the midfield, barely any proper chances, Anderlecht just clinching it because they actually have people who can Score A Goal.

I watched and yeah. Anderlecht was just playing the waiting game, Gent didn't know what to do about that. Then Anderlecht score. Gent is even more confused. Second half was better, until Anthony 'big beard' VDB scored the 2-0. Then it was game over.

Gent really has a problem scoring goals and turning up for big games. Would be nice to beat one of the top teams at home, but :sigh:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

life is pain, friends

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
No! Life owns! Milicevic owns, Moses owns! Scoring 4 goals owns! Wooooooo

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Welp, Dejeagere injuring himself badly in a cupgame we had already lost... Great. Hein said he'd be out until the play-offs at least.
Also now that the cup final will be Brugge - Anderlecht, what kind of influence does that have on european spots? I thought the loser of the cup final got the european ticket if the winner was automatically qualified for an european competition. But what happens to that ticket if the loser of the cup final also is automatically qualified for an european competition? Go to the number 4 in POI? And then number 5 has to play against the winner of POII?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

beedeebee posted:

Welp, Dejeagere injuring himself badly in a cupgame we had already lost... Great. Hein said he'd be out until the play-offs at least.
Also now that the cup final will be Brugge - Anderlecht, what kind of influence does that have on european spots? I thought the loser of the cup final got the european ticket if the winner was automatically qualified for an european competition. But what happens to that ticket if the loser of the cup final also is automatically qualified for an european competition? Go to the number 4 in POI? And then number 5 has to play against the winner of POII?
Wouldn't it make sense that it went to the third place in the league? Considering the cup gets you to the play-offs directly and third place in the league only puts you in the third qualifying round, I mean. I assume the other spots would just be bumped down a spot in POI. I guess that'd mean it'd affect the POII vs POI fourth place euro spot as well.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute posted:

Wouldn't it make sense that it went to the third place in the league? Considering the cup gets you to the play-offs directly and third place in the league only puts you in the third qualifying round, I mean. I assume the other spots would just be bumped down a spot in POI. I guess that'd mean it'd affect the POII vs POI fourth place euro spot as well.

Yeah I guess. We'll see what happens at the end of the season.

Also, this weekend, everyone was like: "Huh, winning a game would really put some distance between me and my opponents. Guess I'll just sit here and draw or lose."

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Yeah, it's pretty terrible these days. I only watched our match, but that had us missing a penalty (again) and in the last few minutes Standard had two players in front of our open goal at maybe three meters out - the first misses the ball, the second kicks it way over the goal. I mean, I'm grateful for that second one, but gently caress.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo is one of the best names in football today

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Somehow I'm motivated enough to give you guys an update of the JPL!!

Let's start with some results:

Gent beat Brugge in 'the battle of Flanders'. Which is awesome! Also totally deserved. Moses Simon proves once again he is the revelation of the winter transfer period. Brugge players tried to break all the Gent players, but only managed to injure Kums.

Anderlecht didn't drop the ball and won their game against Genk, closing the gap with the number one spot.
Another remarkable result is Kortrijk - Westerlo. 6-0, and Ivan Santini scored 4 goals, making him the top scorer with 13 goals. Depoitre (Gent) is second with 12 and Mitrovic (Anderlecht) is third with 11 goals.

So, the table:

Brugge still in the lead, but after 1 point in 3 games, Anderlecht is breathing down their neck.
The difference between the top 8 spots is incredibly small, everything is still possible. And when the points get halved in the Play-Offs, oh boy!!

Next week:

If Lokeren still want a chance on POI, they better beat Charleroi. Anderlecht - Kortrijk should be interesting, hoping points are dropped in that game.
Brugge will also want to win, I did the math and 1 in 12 is worse than 1 in 9.

That's it for this week (and maybe other weeks too) folks!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I'm very pissy about all the red cards we're getting and now that we're on the subject:

http://gameofrules.be/

Time for a PR offensive by the Belgian refs. However, instead of convincing me being a ref's really hard and explaining why these retard calls were made, it actually furthered my belief that Belgian refs are really bad and dumb and terrible.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ha, that's a nice site. Too bad it's always the same videos.
Also, talking about red cards, be more like Brugge. They don't get them for ~*~reasons~*~

EDIT: it's not always the same videos. By the way, the little videos where the ref tells us he's wrong and what he should have done are nice :)

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 24, 2015

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Here's one poo poo ref who won't be plaguing the league anymore: Nzolo fails his tests once again.

Get hosed, you hack.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Both Brugge and Anderlecht should've lost today, Brugge did some serious WTF poo poo in defence today and Anderlecht... Hell, even Gent should've tied against Lierse.
Our top 3 suck, is what I'm saying.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Club should have lost? Are you mental? One (ok, two) bad packpasses and those are the only chances Charleroi had in the entire game. Should have lost... gently caress off.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
My dislike for Brugge might have had something to do with it, but the two backpasses were utterly retarded and Brugge should've been 2-0 in front before the half even, but they refused to score the second goal.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It's actually really cool and good that Gent win games despite playing badly.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Last I heard, Zulte Waregem still exists. I think we're due to have one of our matches broadcast any minute now.

Annnnnyyy minute.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Amazing results all around

FCB wins
Anderlecht loses
Genk out of PO1, Charleroi in
Cercle eats 3 goals in 5 minutes and drops into PO3

Truly awesome :dance:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
gently caress yeah. Last time we won at Anderlecht was 15 years ago! Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Bring on the play-offs, Gent will obliterate everyone :boom:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Any good source of highlights? Want to see JJ Ruiz's hat trick.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I don't. :(

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Drogadon posted:

Any good source of highlights? Want to see JJ Ruiz's hat trick.

Probably stadion.be in a few hours?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Sporza usually has them too, no?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I wonder who's in the quarter finals of the EL?

(Hint: it's Club Brugge.)

:smugdog:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Congratulations. You done good.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, congratulations. I enjoy watching Brugge crash and burn just as much as the next guy, but it's good for the league overall that they reach the quarter final.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Get hosed, Anderlecht. You're bad, terrible, mentally weak.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

also congratulations club i guess

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Pwoar Refaelov, congrats Brugge on the cup

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It was quite an entertaining game to watch. Unbelievable final minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Click this stuff and say Balleluja! https://watch.zentrick.com/v33eCS/

• Locked thread