Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Jesus that guy did almost fall out

And Hamilton wasn't even an all-star :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

"Millions are watching that will never see you play a regular season game."

Except for all those national broadcasts that air on THIS VERY NETWORK.

What about people who want to see players from teams other than the Red Sox and Yankees?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

Jeter made a great play

except it was terrible

and he didn't actually make the play

Alexei would have ranged to his left a little bit and had McCutchen out by 10 feet.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Just let Terry Crews watch the game, Joe Buck. Leave the poor man alone.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

These closeups on the players are way, way too close in HD.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

theacox posted:

Doesn't matter. It will happen regardless.

Jeter has the grace to let others feel good about themselves. Class act.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Jesus someone give Cano a crochet mallot.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

gently caress yeah Chris Sa-OH WHAT THE gently caress loving JETER AGAIN

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Jose Abreu will hit a walk-off 3 run homer (after previously tying it with a bomb two innings earlier) and Jeter will still get the MVP.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Baseball is only downhill from here, ladies and gents.

In fact they've just cancelled the ASG.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

peepoogenderparts posted:

Line drive caught by Donaldson, throws it to the position that Jeets just vacated

not in our hearts

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Laderhan posted:

Just looking at Chris Sale's delivery makes my shoulder hurt.

It's a miracle he hasn't had TJS yet.

I hope he pitches 20 years without surgery. A loving god would make that happen.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

RANDOM JEET TAKE A SHOT

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I went into a coma when they told Jeter he couldn't leave them. I think I missed a pitching change?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Ugh. Standing at attention for that loving song sung by that loving guy? Ugh.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

Man wouldn't a baseball-themed song be great for the stretch? If only such a song existed.

I know right

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Yes Joe Buck, nobody better at managing a 2-run deficit than Craig Kimbrel. He comes out trailing by 2 runs all the time.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Was hoping Freeman would throw his glove down and angrily accuse that goon of interference.

R.D. Mangles posted:

how

how is harold reynolds worse than tim mcarver
McCarver is awful, but this is karma for the whole sexual harrassment thing.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Infidel Castro posted:

Isn't Rodney on the team?

seattle.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Alexei is just the best :3:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

Ahahaha sure you did Wainwright

This is amazing.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Perkins makes a GREAT strike out

*jeter montage*

I'm about 20 seconds behind the feed I think so I thought you were kidding but hten

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

*in the FOX booth*

Producer: YEAH I SAID EVERY CAMERA ON HIM! IF IT ISN'T JETER GET IT THE gently caress OFF MY FEEDS

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

"Glen, how did you feel knowing Derek Jeter was only a few hundred feet from you? was it an honor?"

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

ESPN Recap title: AL leads NL 5-3 after 6 innings, as Jeter jogs off

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Chris Sale with the blown save in the 3rd inning, haha

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

This is like MST3K dubbing over what people are actually saying, right?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Tonight has convinced me. Drop the 5 year waiting period and just enshrine Jeter in the HOF this year, tell Thomas and Maddux to suck it.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Chicago Fox station: Local news is now running a story about "Original Hooters Girls: where are they now?"

Jeter involved somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

San Diego was the only team to have a player eligible to be in the game but did not get anyone in.

Did they really deserve anyone in the game? Let's be frank.

• Locked thread