Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

univbee posted:

You seem to underestimate how goddamn seriously border dick-waving gets, especially between warring countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siachen_Glacier#Border_conflict

They didn't establish exact borders early on because it's a 6000m-high death trap, but then border dick waving started and now both countries are at perpetual war up there, with most soldiers dying due to the elements. Note the glacier has no useful resources or strategic value, and everyone knows it, but nonetheless neither country is backing down because that would give up precious territory to their rival and that just can't happen.

This man has, in at least some capacity, probably put his daughter in danger.

sometimes I forget what barbarians non-americans are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Buschmaki posted:

I've always wondered about how legitimate these grabs for nobility are in the eyes of the real nobility. Could I like, buy a bunch of land in detroit, start calling myself a duke, and get invited over to fancy rich-people european parties or would I get laughed out of the royal court or w/e?

if they laugh you just declare war on them. can't be hard to find people willing to kill in detroit.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i hope his claim is recognised and he gets a million refugees from darfur and south sudan

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
kingdom of the WASP

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

vyst posted:

I bet that dad goes balls deep in his princess on the regular

I bet incest is legal in north sudan.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I hope two more states approve the titles of nobility amendment so his daughter loses her US citizenship.

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
Isn't that how land claims have worked since the beginning of time? Say it's yours and kill the indigenous peoples

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

de_dust posted:

it's like SA is perpetually 4 days behind reddit :(

you're a dumb loser

MaximusCraptaculous
Apr 20, 2008

If you mess this up, so help me GOD I will rip your balls off with my bare hands!
WITH MY BARE HANDS GOD DAMN YOU!!
American Man easily claims North Sudan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

It's like SA is only a little interested in novel events instead of hopelessly obsessed.

Doobie

• Locked thread