Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

He did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
O no, the guy who put disturbing phrases into Apples to Apples is a creep.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

hes more of a racist. the white cards are used to decide who gains ownership of the black cards.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

everyone who has ever played cards against humanity is now a rapist by proxy

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
He raped me by creating a bad card game.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
lol well he looks like a rapist

so cased closed

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
hail satan

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
stay safe card ghost

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Part of rape culture that hurts everyone is that it makes it difficult to talk about what is and is not consent, and makes it incredibly scary for people to speak up when their boundaries are crossed. It is entirely possible she read something completely different than I did into an awkward college hookup. If any part of that was traumatic for her, I am sincerely sorry, and I wish we would have had a chance to address it privately. I’ve sent her an email and a Facebook message and given her my contact information, but so far I haven’t heard back (but she did edit her post to remove my name).

Max Temkin is very good at using social justice language. He’s very good at making himself seem sympathetic and reasonable. Rapists are perfectly capable of doing all of those things. They aren’t non-human monsters that leap out of closets, with no awareness of society or communication skills. They’re people, like any one of us. They can be intelligent. They can be involved in social justice. They can create awesome games. They can come across as reasonable, kind people. They can, in fact, be reasonable and kind people in every way except for that pesky raping thing.

Is Max Temkin a rapist? I don’t know. I do know that he’s written a manipulative post, though. I know that he’s spreading harmful rape culture myths under the cloak of being a “feminist and an advocate for women’s rights.” I know that he’s using intimidation tactics against someone who, because of his platform and wealth and gender, has far less power than he does.

conclusion: lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

there is a special kind of idiot who loves cards against humanity and says "a bigger blacker dick" with the utmost gusto while condemning all bored players for being too monotone.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

there is a special kind of idiot who loves cards against humanity and says "a bigger blacker dick" with the utmost gusto while condemning all bored players for being too monotone.

dats me :D

Don Tacorleone posted:

that pesky raping thing.

please don't make light of the act of rape, it triggers me so hard I might accidentally shoot someone

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i dont understand the question

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I trust the journalists at kotaku and the Mary sue

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

gently caress the ROW posted:

i dont understand the question

Why don't you ask MY DICK for an answer lol

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
anne frank blowing adolf hitler

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT
I vote no. Woman didn't even claim it was rape.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
He may be, he may not be. All I know if that everyone who plays the game is a loser.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
all hetero sex is rape, so yeah

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Don Tacorleone posted:

Part of rape culture that hurts everyone is that it makes it difficult to talk about what is and is not consent, and makes it incredibly scary for people to speak up when their boundaries are crossed. It is entirely possible she read something completely different than I did into an awkward college hookup. If any part of that was traumatic for her, I am sincerely sorry, and I wish we would have had a chance to address it privately. I’ve sent her an email and a Facebook message and given her my contact information, but so far I haven’t heard back (but she did edit her post to remove my name).

Max Temkin is very good at using social justice language. He’s very good at making himself seem sympathetic and reasonable. Rapists are perfectly capable of doing all of those things. They aren’t non-human monsters that leap out of closets, with no awareness of society or communication skills. They’re people, like any one of us. They can be intelligent. They can be involved in social justice. They can create awesome games. They can come across as reasonable, kind people. They can, in fact, be reasonable and kind people in every way except for that pesky raping thing.

Is Max Temkin a rapist? I don’t know. I do know that he’s written a manipulative post, though. I know that he’s spreading harmful rape culture myths under the cloak of being a “feminist and an advocate for women’s rights.” I know that he’s using intimidation tactics against someone who, because of his platform and wealth and gender, has far less power than he does.

conclusion: lol

I think if someone believes you raped them (correctly or not), you should probably avoid sending them messages offering to "talk about it privately."

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

He's cooler now.

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

Clochette posted:

I think if someone believes you raped them (correctly or not), you should probably avoid sending them messages offering to "talk about it privately."

There's a lot of room between "let's hash this out on tumblr!" and "let's meet face to face in a place where there is no one else around."

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

when you gaze long into rape jokes, the rape jokes also gaze into you

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

accusing some1 of rape on facebook p.much proves they did it

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
is it rape if-

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i got raped but not gonna press charges

pls like my post

sausage paddy
Feb 25, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

pls like my post

thanks.

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

There's a Polish vs. German engineering joke in there but I can't quite hit it.

I laughed.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

hemale in pain posted:

pls like my post

yeah pretty much.

i thought CaH went back and already took out all of the rape jokes anyway

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Bad Libs would've been a better name.

He might be a rapist.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
It turns out that this person was the inspiration for the "snapping turtle biting the tip of your penis" card. The game-maker misinterpreted it as a fetish thing rather than an attempt to stop the act.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've never played this game, is the point to get random words that say hosed up things together out of context and if so how is there points.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i loving hate cards against humanity. i've never played it and i fuckin hate it

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Don Tacorleone posted:

Conclusion: no matter how heartfelt or sincere your denial of a rape accusation without proof is, it is obviously a trick taught by the Rapist Society.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
all sex is plape

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

David Copperfield posted:

Conclusion: no matter how heartfelt or sincere your denial of a rape accusation without proof is, it is obviously a trick taught by the Rapist Society.

Well, the issue with that line of thought is that if we assume at first that he (or anyone accused of rape) is innocent, it has to mean that we assume that she is a liar.

And statistically speaking, a rape that is brought up is way way way way WAY more likely to have occurred than to have been made up in the mind of the accuser.*

Knowingly accusing somebody of rape when they did not commit it is as rare as falsely accusing of murder or falsely accusing of theft. It is crazy how when one guy accuses another guy if stealing, literally no one is going to automatically assume that he's a lying whore and anyways he wears make up and was drunk when it happened soooo let's just drop the case.

And yet, that's exactly what a woman goes through. And god help her if that man is better known or is liked than she is.

* This is used because this is a hypothetical here.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

all men are just waiting to rape

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

could someone tell me what the long post discussion is about? one guy has a naked old man avatar, seems interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Uncle Wemus posted:

Well, the issue with that line of thought is that if we assume at first that he (or anyone accused of rape) is innocent, it has to mean that we assume that she is a liar.

And statistically speaking, a rape that is brought up is way way way way WAY more likely to have occurred than to have been made up in the mind of the accuser.*

Knowingly accusing somebody of rape when they did not commit it is as rare as falsely accusing of murder or falsely accusing of theft. It is crazy how when one guy accuses another guy if stealing, literally no one is going to automatically assume that he's a lying whore and anyways he wears make up and was drunk when it happened soooo let's just drop the case.

And yet, that's exactly what a woman goes through. And god help her if that man is better known or is liked than she is.

* This is used because this is a hypothetical here.

The problem is the contradiction it has with innocent until proven guilty. Can we just withhold judgement altogether without evidence?

• Locked thread