Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
just raped you all right now how does that feel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Why would you even waste your breath fighting to attack the conspiracy (The Patriarchy of all white cis dudes) to "not assume a guy did something without a formal trial or any sort of police report" when you could complain about police not even processing rape kits for women who do come forward, or the bazillions of colleges who get actual reports of sexual assault and just sit on their hands when it comes to punishment.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Al Cowens posted:

It's called 'triggering' when you do it with words and I thought this was a safe place

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i'm serious though this thread did a bodily rape on my person and there is semen everywhere

DUNCAN DONUTS
Mar 27, 2010

by XyloJW
*cracks an Aatrek joke*
*crowd roars in approval*

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
duncan donuts taking it to the next level with an ironic meta-level joke about aatrek jokes

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
http://pitchfork.com/news/55885-conor-oberst-rape-accuser-issues-public-apology/

poo poo happens

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

David Copperfield posted:

Why would you even waste your breath fighting to attack the conspiracy (The Patriarchy of all white cis dudes) to "not assume a guy did something without a formal trial or any sort of police report" when you could complain about police not even processing rape kits for women who do come forward, or the bazillions of colleges who get actual reports of sexual assault and just sit on their hands when it comes to punishment.

basically, and seriouspostingly, this

DUNCAN DONUTS
Mar 27, 2010

by XyloJW

Gnack posted:

duncan donuts taking it to the next level with an ironic meta-level joke about aatrek jokes

"George Lucas"
*howls of laughter ring out o'er the land*

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

Sekkira posted:

How do you get proper statistics on unreported rape?

Poller says to a sample of women "were you sexually assaulted [sic]" 20 - 30% usually says yes. The poller asks if they reported it, an overwhelming majority says no.

Gnack posted:

is your argument seriously "here, look, a rape happened! therefore this one did too"

My point was that the idea of women just accusing men of rape for being successful was hilariously wrong. I was making fun of the guy. There was no argument.

JerryLee posted:

I realize how lovely the police can be in any number of cases, and that ought to be addressed, but "are there problems with the justice system?" is a different question than "is social media a valid system for determining the truth of accusations?"

Reporting rape through the "appropriate channels" doesn't work for a lot of women who end up doing so. I don't think the women who are raped and don't report it to anybody know this, but rape is usually handled as badly as the story I posted there. The appropriate channels are biased towards order, and so people uphigh do nothing when rape comes to them. I swear to goddan christ i'm not a loving SJW cutting myself over heterocis world domination, i'm saying that we should take this random lady's claim seriously. As i said originally: if a women cries "rape" we shouldn't just call her a random idiot on the internet.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Filippo Corridoni posted:

My point was that the idea of women just accusing men of rape for being successful was hilariously wrong. I was making fun of the guy. There was no argument.

i agree with your point but i hope you can understand that pointing out one example of a case where a rape happened doesn't actually contribute anything meaningful to your point. its not like anyone disagreeing with you is saying that rape DOES NOT EVER HAPPEN. there's a middle ground that is closer to the truth where sometimes a rape happened and sometimes it was a false accusation posted on facebook by an rear end in a top hat bitch

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

Oops wait nevermind lol this bitch lied from the beginning. I wasted a bunch of drat words and made me look like a loving idiot.

Well, I still think that even if its just a random idiot on the internet accusing a guy of rape on the internet we should listen to her first.

Here's an example of what i'm talking about. Girl takes her complaint of groping by an influential guy to human resources and nothing happens. For months, nobody does anything. Only when a friend of the victim blasts this poo poo on twitter does the guy (who is later revealed to have had a horrible bipolar manic episode) get kicked out.

Again, I am NOT an sjw. I do not think tumblr is my idea of a great website. From personal experience I know that rape happens all the time and that rapists are free to brag about it forever while the victim gets psychologically (or physically) damaged and is forced to take on all the guilt.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Aight everyone seems to have this Internet Jury poo poo locked down with the formal rules and the twelve angry men schtick and all, I'm calling judge and holding y'all in contempt

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Reporting rape through the "appropriate channels" doesn't work for a lot of women who end up doing so. I don't think the women who are raped and don't report it to anybody know this, but rape is usually handled as badly as the story I posted there. The appropriate channels are biased towards order, and so people uphigh do nothing when rape comes to them. I swear to goddan christ i'm not a loving SJW cutting myself over heterocis world domination, i'm saying that we should take this random lady's claim seriously. As i said originally: if a women cries "rape" we shouldn't just call her a random idiot on the internet.

Fair enough, but what's "taking it seriously" in your book since it apparently isn't going to be tried in a legal court (or even started down that road) and we ought to be intensely uncomfortable with the idea of assuming guilt without that step?

I don't even think it's impossible for a guy to have raped someone, just like it's not impossible for my next-door neighbor to have raped someone, I'm saying that outside of the legal system I don't know of any other system that even approaches the legal system's (admittedly far from spotless) authority for establishing truth in cases like this. It certainly isn't the blogosphere. Maybe some reputable investigative journalism but I don't know how that's going to happen.

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 17, 2014

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You murder you're famil.

*hoots of laughter ring forth from the unwashed masses*

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

all men are rapist

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Again, I am NOT an sjw. I do not think tumblr is my idea of a great website

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Yep, all 2% of those rape cases that are actually reported Ironically.

Aug 4, 2010

Well, I still think that even if its just a random idiot on the internet accusing a guy of rape on the internet we should listen to her first.

Again, I am NOT an sjw.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Hmm, I feel differently on this issue, good sir.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Oops wait nevermind lol this bitch lied from the beginning. I wasted a bunch of drat words and made me look like a loving idiot.

Here's an example of what i'm talking about. Girl takes her complaint of groping by an influential guy to human resources and nothing happens. For months, nobody does anything. Only when a friend of the victim blasts this poo poo on twitter does the guy (who is later revealed to have had a horrible bipolar manic episode) get kicked out.

Again, I am NOT an sjw. I do not think tumblr is my idea of a great website. From personal experience I know that rape happens all the time and that rapists are free to brag about it forever while the victim gets psychologically (or physically) damaged and is forced to take on all the guilt.

you are correct. And there is just as good a chance that the girl is telling the truth here as not. I think im more angry at the people who are reacting (as well as Kotaku and The Mary Sue) who seem ready to burn the guy at the stake. At least we didn't get like some snarky middle finger like the PA rapewolves debacle

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ArbitraryC posted:

Allegedly cards like that were removed years ago accompanied with an apology that used all the right language. Of course this is now part of the arguments being used against him in the vein of "well of course he sounds sincere and honest while she's being purposely vague, its because he knows the social lingo and is using it as part of his mastermind plot"

Gotta clear your offensive party game through tumblr these days otherwise someone might tell a joke.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

have we hashed out whether rape is bad or not? don't want to read all this debating to find out

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

A misanthrope posted:

have we hashed out whether rape is bad or not? don't want to read all this debating to find out

its really just something you gotta do and then its decided afterwards

if you are bad at it its bad

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

JerryLee posted:

Fair enough, but what's "taking it seriously" in your book since it apparently isn't going to be tried in a legal court (or even started down that road) and we ought to be intensely uncomfortable with the idea of assuming guilt without that step?

I don't even think it's impossible for a guy to have raped someone, just like it's not impossible for my next-door neighbor to have raped someone, I'm saying that outside of the legal system I don't know of any other system that even approaches the legal system's (admittedly far from spotless) authority for establishing truth in cases like this. It certainly isn't the blogosphere. Maybe some reputable investigative journalism but I don't know how that's going to happen.

Me. Bring all your concerns to me.

My ruling: They started to mess around, he went too far too fast, didn't notice her discomfort until she made it really overt, he stopped and left, blew her off because who needs to waste late night dorm talk on a girl who doesn't consider it foreplay. She struggles with her discomfort over the situation, doesn't get validated when she talks to some people about it, and buries it in a mess of hurt feelings and self loathing induced by a culture that taught her "you just weren't clear enough!" Years later, bolstered by a wave of women sharing their hurt feelings and rejecting self loathing, she decides to open up about it, but she does it in an impulsive and simplifying manner. She gets pushback, realizes she's overselling it, pulls back and tries to nurture her gains in terms of self realization.

Gonna set myself up as Judge Judy on youtube or something.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

its really just something you gotta do and then its decided afterwards

if you are bad at it its bad

oh good then i can get behind that (so to speak :pervert:)

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
lol at whoever made this thread about it being generally good to lend a sympathetic ear to someone claiming to have gone through something traumatic and assume good faith just cause they're probably telling the truth

"I know GBS reacts like Gollum to being asked to lend their precious sympathy to another human being every other time, but surely the case of the Tumblr gamer girl will give them pause!" - that guy

DUNCAN DONUTS
Mar 27, 2010

by XyloJW

solovyov posted:

Me. Bring all your concerns to me.

My ruling: They started to mess around, he went too far too fast, didn't notice her discomfort until she made it really overt, he stopped and left, blew her off because who needs to waste late night dorm talk on a girl who doesn't consider it foreplay. She struggles with her discomfort over the situation, doesn't get validated when she talks to some people about it, and buries it in a mess of hurt feelings and self loathing induced by a culture that taught her "you just weren't clear enough!" Years later, bolstered by a wave of women sharing their hurt feelings and rejecting self loathing, she decides to open up about it, but she does it in an impulsive and simplifying manner. She gets pushback, realizes she's overselling it, pulls back and tries to nurture her gains in terms of self realization.

Gonna set myself up as Judge Judy on youtube or something.

I don't agree with this at all. Judge Judy is already on YouTube.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Just go right to "sorry, that sounds lovely"? Heh, I don't wear this trenchcoat because I don't approve of Columbo's methodology.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

A misanthrope posted:

Bad, but not as bad as circumcision.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

people did listen to her, thats why this thread even exists. we listened and determined she was probably full of poo poo because her story had more holes than ive ever raped.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

lol at whoever made this thread about it being generally good to lend a sympathetic ear to someone claiming to have gone through something traumatic and assume good faith just cause they're probably telling the truth

"I know GBS reacts like Gollum to being asked to lend their precious sympathy to another human being every other time, but surely the case of the Tumblr gamer girl will give them pause!" - that guy

its me im that guy and gay

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Al Cowens posted:

Feeling relaxed

Like I'm finally part of something, my existence validated

Thanks

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Al Cowens posted:

i have to be honest with myself and admit i deserved it

just check out how slutty my av looks tonight

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

A misanthrope posted:

i have to be honest with myself and admit i deserved it

just check out how slutty my av looks tonight

your av is on drugs so it would be rape no matter what

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I don't get why rape is thst big of a deal. IMO you should Just go with it, in my opinion. It's like taking a couples picture at a tourist spot. You can make a big deal out of it or you can just do it and it'll all be over a little quicker.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Sharzak posted:

I don't get why rape is thst big of a deal. IMO you should Just go with it, in my opinion. It's like taking a couples picture at a tourist spot. You can make a big deal out of it or you can just do it and it'll all be over a little quicker.

-everyone in congress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sharzak posted:

Hi mom, didn't know you were on here. Am I a rape baby rabie?

• Locked thread