Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

Athenry posted:

Watching that IGN stream is really making me wish it was tomorrow.

I have been pretty ignorant of the development and features of Destiny, not really on purpose, but i'm watching that stream right now and holy poo poo it looks incredible. I'm really impressed by the extent of the customization and leveling, it really seems that they are doing a good job of implementing the rpg (and hopefully mmo, but that remains to be seen) features.

The quality of the menus, hud and general aesthetics also look amazing. This is bungie we are talking about though so I shouldn't be surprised. I'm so pumped for tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

From that stream it looked like the Moon is now a playable location?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

BastardySkull posted:

From that stream it looked like the Moon is now a playable location?

It's always been playable. Old Russia, Moon, and Mars have been heavily advertised as locations in the campaign.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

It's always been playable. Old Russia, Moon, and Mars have been heavily advertised as locations in the campaign.

Playable in the Beta, obviously.

edit: had a glance at the map again for Earth and the African Rift Valley is confirmed.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Confirmed 1080p for Xbox One, beta version is not of the June SDK branch so will be 900p or whatever it is now, IGN to provide 1080p Xbox One footage before beta.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Going to sound silly but I don't really like the health/shield bars on enemies. Seems like they could have used something a little more visually appealing.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Oh hey, they added a pulsing LAST GUARDIAN STANDING under the minimap when the other two are dead in firefights. Nice.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
IGN just showed another ghost location inside the Devil's Lair strike. I knew one (a room near the spider tank, maybe they will show it later).
Unfortunately I couldn't understand where that ghost was. (Near the room where you defend your ghost while he hacks some shields?).

Amebx
Aug 6, 2007

i'm a shark!!! i'm a SHAAAARK!! suck my diick!! I'M A SHAAARK!!

MrLonghair posted:

Confirmed 1080p for Xbox One, beta version is not of the June SDK branch so will be 900p or whatever it is now, IGN to provide 1080p Xbox One footage before beta.

But will it be able to handle all that concrete?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
New pictures of the Playstation exclusive content. https://imgur.com/a/TlUCE
The detail on the handgun looks badass.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Pre-ordered this awhile ago only really knowing it was made by the Halo people. Now that the beta is about to arrive I've been trying to hit up the wiki for information.

It hasn't been terribly helpful:

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009
I pre-ordered Destiny directly from the PS store and never got any kind of beta code, but my PS4 has already downloaded and installed "Destiny Beta". I'm set for tomorrow right? :ohdear:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Amazon still hasn't sent me anything and a rep is "personally" working on it. Blah.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Snackpack Backpack posted:

New pictures of the Playstation exclusive content. https://imgur.com/a/TlUCE
The detail on the handgun looks badass.

Dat hand cannon :gizz:

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

You can now set SA Goons as your PlayStation or XBox clan.

Also we are now an alliance.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Zilkin posted:

I pre-ordered Destiny directly from the PS store and never got any kind of beta code, but my PS4 has already downloaded and installed "Destiny Beta". I'm set for tomorrow right? :ohdear:

If you already have a "Destiny Beta" thing on your PS4 after having preordered through PSN, please specify what country you're in. As far as I'm aware, Americans aren't getting this benefit and this only applies to Australia and Europe.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nerdist is giving away keys while they last:

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/07/ready-for-more-destiny-beta-codes-of-course-you-are/

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Zilkin posted:

I did the same but haven't gotten anything. Did you just order the base game as well?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So absolutely no one's getting keys through Bungie's site yet, right? I was really hoping it could be downloaded by the time I got home tomorrow.

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.

Steve2911 posted:

So absolutely no one's getting keys through Bungie's site yet, right? I was really hoping it could be downloaded by the time I got home tomorrow.

Nope, looks like we'll have to contend with peak internet hours for the 9-5 crowds.

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I did the same but haven't gotten anything. Did you just order the base game as well?

Yep, just the base game.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I am liking what I am seeing of the Venus control map.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it before, but I like that the mp has a little bit of an anti-camper mechanic. When you ADS, the mini-map disappears. So anyone hiding in a corner ADS at a doorway is opening themselves up to a surprise flank attack. Can't wait to see what mp modes the final game has. The icons from Alpha looked like a CTF mode, a DM/TDM mode, and the rest I couldn't really interpret.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Undead Muppet posted:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it before, but I like that the mp has a little bit of an anti-camper mechanic. When you ADS, the mini-map disappears. So anyone hiding in a corner ADS at a doorway is opening themselves up to a surprise flank attack. Can't wait to see what mp modes the final game has. The icons from Alpha looked like a CTF mode, a DM/TDM mode, and the rest I couldn't really interpret.

Mr Longhair posted this but I saw it by accident, so I think it's repost-worthy: http://imgur.com/a/BKqju

Multiplayer MP modes description from the IGN stream

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Holy crap, looks like we might have a midnight start date instead of a "4am/Noon PST/Whenever the gently caress PSN updates" launch.

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/489518222303956993

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I really really hope we get laser swords and gravity hammers soon. I'd be okay with gravity swords and laser hammers too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

404GoonNotFound posted:

Holy crap, looks like we might have a midnight start date instead of a "4am/Noon PST/Whenever the gently caress PSN updates" launch.

Oh wicked, cannot wait!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
How do i set SA Goons as my clan? I am already a member of the group.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Midnight download date woo

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

CheeseFactory posted:

Go to the clan page: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/100794

And select Set As Playstation/Xbox Clan (see image below). I don't have the PS Clan option because I already set it

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

I already answered you in the old thread. You click into the SA group on Bungie.net and then it's an option along the top bar thing. You may need to do it on a computer, not sure if it's an option on the app / mobile.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

monkeu posted:

I already answered you in the old thread. You click into the SA group on Bungie.net and then it's an option along the top bar thing. You may need to do it on a computer, not sure if it's an option on the app / mobile.

Thanks guys. Yep found it now. All sorted.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 16, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Do I need to re-enter the beta code on PSN to play it? I redeemed it on Bungie.net and promptly delete it because I am a giant moron. From the moon.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

404GoonNotFound posted:

I hope not but it might just be a midnight thing for those who were able to pre-load it from pre-ordering on PSN and the rest of us will have to wait for the email code rollout.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I sent a request to join the clan.

404GoonNotFound posted:

For people that preordered, we're all still stuck waiting for PSN to email out codes, correct? Or is the beta key on a digital receipt somewhere that I should be putting in on the Bungie site?

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

StarkRavingMad posted:

I sent a request to join the clan.

For people that preordered, we're all still stuck waiting for PSN to email out codes, correct? Or is the beta key on a digital receipt somewhere that I should be putting in on the Bungie site?

It looks like we're stuck waiting for Bungie to e-mail out codes or crashing their site by constantly refreshing our profile pages for the codes.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Did you preorder off PSN? If yes, you should have Destiny Beta in your PS Store library.

This is how it's supposed to work in Europe at least.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

404GoonNotFound posted:

I hope this is true. Might be a good idea for them to send out codes, let PSN settle down some and then turn the servers on.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

whoknew posted:

You can now set SA Goons as your PlayStation or XBox clan.

Also we are now an alliance.

Applied as atr0cious on ps3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Follow That Fish! posted:

Did you preorder off PSN? If yes, you should have Destiny Beta in your PS Store library.

This is how it's supposed to work in Europe at least.

I do not believe it is working that way in the US, but I could be wrong.

• Locked thread