Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

StarkRavingMad posted:

For people that preordered, we're all still stuck waiting for PSN to email out codes, correct? Or is the beta key on a digital receipt somewhere that I should be putting in on the Bungie site?

Did you preorder off PSN? If yes, you should have Destiny Beta in your PS Store library.

This is how it's supposed to work in Europe at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007

Interstellar Owl posted:

My PS4 has been on all day while my GF has been trying to get the DL done for me but she had to go to work, and I had it on last night.. no update.

If it's any consolation, the beta launch hasn't been exactly smooth sailing for me either. The internet connection at my temporary apartment has been falling apart for a few days now, and today it broke completely. Borrowed a new cable modem from the ISP but it suffers from a routing problem, which apparently can't be fixed until next morning.

The result: I've got my PS4 tethered onto my phone and downloading the beta via cellular. Thanks, no datacap policy!

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007

Quinch posted:

If you're bored of scout rifles look out for a green auto rifle with the "fires slower with more damage when zoomed in" bonus, they're really good head shooting machines.

Or just get a hand cannon. :getin:

The combat in Destiny feels so much more rewarding than most games to me. It's so satisfying to oneshot a bunch of mooks with back-to-back hand cannon headshots and then punch the rest in the face. I'm not a hand cannon virtuoso in the Crucible, but it feels viable even there.

VVVVVVVV Perhaps, but they're so much fun!

Follow That Fish! fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 19, 2014

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Got Timur's Lash too. Such a tease.

• Locked thread