Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Hey Mr Longhair, why the wizard crossed the road?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
To stop listening to the moon joke! :downsrim:

e: Re hunters, don't worry and play a warlock. On the other hand I started liking them only after deleting my first hunter at level 7 and recreating it. It's quite squishy and useless alone against PvE mobs and bosses, but it's quite powerful with a good team and in PvP. I think it will mostly be my crucible class when I can't find goons to play with online.

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 16, 2014

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

thehacker0 posted:

Oblivious of the dates of the alpha, I checked my spam folder one day (reset a password or something like that) so see an alpha invite sitting there. Unfortunately, that was the last day of the test.

Then, I pre-ordered for xbox one, and saw the beta is almost a full week shorter than for ps4.

:cripes:

Don't worry, those three days will be sweet and awesome.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
IGN just showed another ghost location inside the Devil's Lair strike. I knew one (a room near the spider tank, maybe they will show it later).
Unfortunately I couldn't understand where that ghost was. (Near the room where you defend your ghost while he hacks some shields?).

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I am liking what I am seeing of the Venus control map.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Undead Muppet posted:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it before, but I like that the mp has a little bit of an anti-camper mechanic. When you ADS, the mini-map disappears. So anyone hiding in a corner ADS at a doorway is opening themselves up to a surprise flank attack. Can't wait to see what mp modes the final game has. The icons from Alpha looked like a CTF mode, a DM/TDM mode, and the rest I couldn't really interpret.

Mr Longhair posted this but I saw it by accident, so I think it's repost-worthy: http://imgur.com/a/BKqju

Multiplayer MP modes description from the IGN stream

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Snackpack Backpack posted:

Oh man, just hearing the music is making me get excited. I can't wait 9 more hours.

That opening jingle always reminds me of Famous Last Words by Tears for Fears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EubCEJUzMog

MrBuddyLee posted:

Just hit level cap (8) in the beta.. the game is much more enjoyable now that they're tying the quests/story missions together with a little more backstory. The "Ghost" is the glue. I still think Peter Dinklage was hung over for one of his voice acting sessions. But overall, the first quarter of the game is looking and sounding really good. Can't wait to try a raid.

:supaburn: I still have to go over the work day!!! :supaburn:

p.s.: do you see other regions in explore mode other than Soviet Russia?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Fateo McMurray posted:

I'm pretty sure new downloads need to be started manually. Only updates start automatically.

Can't you just access to your download list from the website and start it from there?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Has anyone heard about the 75 people clan limit cap?

Apparently Neogaf is splitting their own clan in a federation of regional sub-clans because of it.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Kloaked00 posted:

Could be true. On the SA Goon clanpage, it's listed as 80 Clanmates and 226 Members right now. When I tried to click the "Set as Playstation Clan" it comes up with "We've encountered an error, please try again (3)"

The Neogaf Thread has good info on how clans currently work.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856555
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121370059&postcount=383
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121386682&postcount=733

MrLonghair posted:

Yeah, that's the one. Nobody else lifted a finger on making a new thread, I even improvised what you see in it after a shift-delete accident, the game is changing and Bungie are secretive so the OP is in progress together with the game and grows as we figure things out.

Oh well, I used to have the official xbox one thread (even if I hated it). No one of the xbone supporters wanted to open one even if that clearly meant having one person less trolling their own thread.
That's goons for you.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Seriously, and what's up with the thread title? We couldn't have got something better than that?

Mr Longhair is Swedish. This said i'd rather have this thread title than a series of random words taken from the ikea catalog.

DESTINY: Besta Malm Norvick Vettre

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Tonight it opened with two panic moments. The first was before dinner, the game would not launch from the main square. I had to get into the library and launch it from there :v:.
The second was after dinner, PSN was down for maintenance, but apparently everyone in this thread reported about that :v:

MrLonghair posted:

Alright, the story has me interested bigtime. If it was a 600+ page scifi book I'd read the heck outta it.

Yup. I think the script wasn't finished / polished when they recorded that wizard moon line. I mean, it would feel too much out of context right now since it's established that the ghost knows what hit the earth, that the fallen are already on the ground, and you see spaceships landing in the first mission, probably including the masters of the hive, wizards included. Oh well, I paid 40€ for a stupid t-shirt and I will get from it a stupid t-shirt. :D

MrLonghair posted:

Had a good few missions with limaCAT despite the in-game music deafening our voices, a welcome break from doing them solo which is a good fun challenge though it makes you feel that the stronger targets are bulletsponges. What a rush they were, too!

Am I wrong or did bungie add a bit more weapons drops from the missions?
Well, it's also true that there was only one mission.
I hope we will see a three goon team for the strike!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Or bringing the other two classes to level 8...

e: By the way, I changed my system language from Italian to English (UK) tonight.
When I entered back the game however I had to download a 210mb patch.

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 17, 2014

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

There is only one class and it is Titan.

:siren:TITANS NEVER FALL:siren:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

DrNutt posted:

Oh god I just blew 2300 glimmer on a rare emblem. There goes all my ship money.

And it beginnnnnnsssssss!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Umm...I just saw an interesting post on /r/Destiny that claims when you're in voice chat with other fire team members, the game adds FX to the voices. True?

I think so, when Mr Longhair was far from me he seemed he was speaking to me via the radio.

I also noticed that the PS4 game area has score lists based on your friend list. That's glorious.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

leidend posted:

I never got teamed up properly in the alpha.

Neither did I, I always crashed someone else's fireteam :v:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
The game threw at me a green pulse rifle and green armor with pulse rifle bonuses.
Too bad it's all level 5 gear, but maybe I'll keep that for PVP.

Static Rook posted:

Don't crush my dreams of being a close range cannon/shotty stealthy quick guy.

I suspect you will soon find out you will eventually need to cover both short range and midrange, exp if you plan on surviving on First Light, strike and explore mode, and later when pubbies will eventually learn to actually use location tracker and not just ADS around every single inch of the map.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Static Rook posted:

Yeah, I don't know sensible the build actually is, it just sounded fun.

I think it could work on Rusted Lands or generally on Control with some team mates good at gathering attention, but once I ran with that combo in explore mode and some limited pvp and it left me with a sour taste.

Static Rook posted:

I want to use the Beta to mess around and try stuff so I'll have a better idea of what I want to use for the full release. That's why I hope nothing carries over, I'm not optimizing poo poo for the beta.

Agree.

Static Rook posted:

I did find it funny that the enemy A.I. for the first couple of missions was basically "if the player is here then we all run to point A, and if the player is there we all move to point B." I just ran between two cover spots and picked off the Fallen guys off as they ran between their hotpoints.I'm sure that will stop working once I get into the real meat of the game, but it was funny to watch over and over.

What level were they? If I remember correctly an higher level means a better A.I. too...

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

The first is the actual race description, the other three cards are just terrible exo erotica.

quote:

"That's a SCSI cable" said the ghost.
"Do you compute what I am computing?" replied the hunter.
"We are on a mission, the fallen might be watching us"
"Let em watch!"

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

If that's not working for a reason try this.
http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/66440697/0/0

e: shoulda checked two posts below :ohsnap:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I was playing with two goons earlier, and we joined the crucible.
Unfortunately our team was split, 2 in alpha team and me in the bravo team, alone with some pubbies. :(
After some time I was kicked out both from the fireteam and from the crucible and the game gave me error code bee.

404GoonNotFound posted:

So have they confirmed that Crucible grinding will be the ONLY way to get Faction gear? This... feels kinda bullshit, if that limits PvE types to only two high-end sets total.

I think I read that you can grind Future War Cult and Dead Orbit by carrying one of their marks and completing vanguard (i.e. explore mode) objectives too, but there was no entry level Dead Orbit / FWC mark (they required you to have an high faction rating already).

Paniolo posted:

There'll be some new stuff in the Tower to check out as well.

Tell me it's a new ball. :allears:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SealHammer posted:

Does anyone feel like lag in the Crucible is worse than it was in the alpha test? Despite all the polish on the game, I can't help but feel that the enormous delay (sometimes up to a second) between punching a guy and him dying is longer than it was before or even in the Halo games.

Lag is quite random. I actually had more lag in some strike missions than in pvp, but I noticed some good crucible games and some bad ones.

Was also kicked out by psn maintenance :(

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Dart posted:

Voidguard? I dunno.

Moonknight...

to kick moon wizard 's rear end

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 19, 2014

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

Man, now that T-shirt's gonna look really dumb.

How is that different from before?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Did you all remember to pick up the ghost that is on the balcony of the Iron Man tournament area in Tower, right?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Yeah, you get rank 1, which gave you an emblem, an armor shader, and a class item available to purchase.

I dismantled all my old weapons and unequippable level 9 weapons just to buy the emblem.
(I wanted one of the towels but didn't have enough money...).

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

a cop posted:

Sorry if I missed a post saying this but what was the new pvp mode? Just a new map with gear effecting your stats? Or was it something other than Control (or whatever the Territories one is called)

It's control without the weapons limitation.
MrLonghair and I were confused because after entering the tournament the announcer said "Control" and we landed on venus (we expected it to have either mars or rusted lands, not the two current control maps, venus and moon), however for winning the game gave us 25 tournament faction points.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Pingiivi posted:

So in which shop I can buy the Iron Banner stuff?

New area behind bounty hunter robot.
That door is otherwse closed.

Take the ghost near the balcony.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
This morning I quit after I surprised myself thinking: "Ok, when the game releases I should get another titan with a pre-set equipment for level-capped deathmatch and keep my main for exploration and non-level-capped deathmatch, and a third as an equipment mule and to show off the best matching gear".

The Dragon's Dogma curse... it begins!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
For a reason the vanguard bounty "kill 30 enemies without being damaged by them" won't reset if you get hit by one of them, so you can just cover part of it together with "kill 20 enemies by meele". Unfortunately the exp you take from redeeming bounties from the tower won't be used towards the "gain 9000 exp without dying".

I also really love the fact that some open areas in missions are shared with people running explore mode.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
It's disheartening how a good team can make or break crucible. We ended up being 3 because of pubbie ragequits, but the team we were up against was not even trying to rush the checkpoints.

xxEightxx posted:

Is there a point to upgrading the ship/sparrow right now?

Showing off to the world your taste in vehicular fashion?

bobtheconqueror posted:

I'm pretty sure the "kill 30 enemies without being damaged by them" isn't continuous, so if an enemy hits you, it won't count towards the bounty, cause that one hurt you, but you won't lose credit for the earlier ones. Killing 30 enemies without getting damaged by anything at all would be kinda bonkers.

I see. Well, you can snipe your way in the opening areas of Old Russia.

The 9000 exp bounty is way more brutal. Was at 8000xp, then I remembered Mr Longhair's post about the radio in the shipyards and went to check the new area down there. Was one shotted by a ?? Acolite of Assholery or whatever. Had to gain back those 9000xp :suicide:

e: Celebrant of Oryx? More like Celebrant of Orifice.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

MrLonghair posted:

How would you guys like to see class and subclass detail in the OP? Thumbnails to click giving something like this:

But far more clean and elaborate, while the raw text just gives good ideas of what each subclass carries? Titan Defender for example would have text of having the shield and being a tanky bastard you may want for premade PvP and PvE challenges.

I like how it reads. Doesn't it risk however to be a bit too much information? I would just rather do something like.

quote:

[Titan 100px Image]
Titan is the best class all around.

Subclasses are:
  • Classic Titan: One of the best classes all around.
  • Defender (aka Sun Paladin): He has a golden dome that boosts all your friends and will be broken in crucible.
  • Placeholder Text Class: Placeholder Text description.

[Warlock 100px Image]
Warlock is the second best class, if you choose it as a second that's ok because its power complements well the titan, if you choose it as a main you are an idiot, but that's ok because we need you in crucible/strikes.

Subclasses are:
  • Classic Warlock: Warlock
  • The other Warlock: Other Warlock
  • Placeholder Text Class: Placeholder Text description.

[A 100px Image of a Mt Dew bottle holding a golden gun]
Hunter is for posers, bros and scrubs who sits down 16 hours playing only PVP. The Golden Gun is poo poo.

Subclasses are:
  • Classic Hunter: gunslinger bro.
  • The other subclass that still is not a titan subclass: description of the other subclass that still is not a titan subclass.
  • Placeholder Text Class: Placeholder Text.

One of these days I'm going to join your fireteam and proceed to be terrible in crucible, and drag your team down. Just you wait!!! :bahgawd:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

pr0digal posted:

Taking a rest

Can we have this picture as the background for external links in the op since it's the section to the goon clan?

hamsystem posted:

Man, I took a break and decided to play some BF4 earlier and lasted about 10 minutes before I said "gently caress this" and went back to running Devil's Lair.

I couldn't play another videogame for three days after alpha closed.
This august is going to be too loving long.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Pro loving click!
And another soon-to-be classic video from Stick Figure Mafia, thanks dude, you made a better monday morning for me already.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
When you fall down in a no respawn area, what's the best way to tell off people not to rescue you if there are mobs camping you?

I started telling off at 25, 15 and 5 seconds left, and if there are big mobs camping my dead rear end. Is there some good and clear army jargon I can use with my super mario accent in those cases?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

magimix posted:

Seeing as the bulk of my time in the Alpha was spent in 'Explore' mode, and what with the bulk of my Beta time being that or missions done solo, and what with the Beta being down currently...

Are fireteams 'explicit invite' only, or is there a lobby thing going on, where it'll jam people together who aren't really fussed who they end up with? My principle interest in the game is exploring the world, and partaking in public events (and I've had some loving great encounters accordingly), but I should probably break the seal on a Strike before the game comes out. But I'm not a big MP person, and the moment I'm required to go collar people and build a party, well, its a barrier. I mean, what do I look like, a person who is organised?! :haw:

The difference between organizing a fireteam with friends and just let matchmaking to put you with pubbies is the possibility to talk with your party or not.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

magimix posted:

What? If you are in a match-made fireteam you still can't talk to your team-mates? I'm mis-reading you, right? :psyduck:

Nope, not at all, the official reason is that Bungie wants to keep the game the most griefing-free as it's possible.

Steve2911 posted:

This reminds me; the invisible walls you occasionally run into are super frustrating in a game with so much focus on mobility. Hopping around the environment only to jump between two rocks and fall flat on your face isn't a fun time, and even the walls covering the entries enemies spawn through are irritating. More than once I've tried to walk through the door the first group of Hive come through in the Moon Wizard mission. I'm sure there's a more elegant solution to indoor enemy spawns...

I agree with this, but it looks to me dark entryways, spawn closets and ceiling trapdoors will be a staple of this game.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

The Moon Monster posted:

Speaking of guesses, how do you guys think the story will play out?

Titan Zoolander is Towers's three time FWC model of the year, but when the Cryptarch wins the award instead, Zoolander's world becomes upside down. His friends disappear, his ghost is disappointed in him, and he feels that he's not good as a model anymore. But when evil fashion guru of Dead Orbit Rasputin hires Guardian, he thinks his life has turned back round again, that is until he finds out that Rasputin has actually brainwashed him to kill the Speaker of the Tower. Can Zoolander and his new friends find out how to prevent the incident before it's too late?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Goongratulations Stick Figure Mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

neetengie posted:

Has anyone found a Gwalior helmet? It's the last thing I need to complete my armor set.

I don't think you can trade with other people, in alpha you couldn't.

• Locked thread