Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Pre-ordered this awhile ago only really knowing it was made by the Halo people. Now that the beta is about to arrive I've been trying to hit up the wiki for information.

It hasn't been terribly helpful:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

So after trying all three classes, I've come to the consclusion that any class that isn't the Titan is bad and dumb.
Give me your lunch money nerds! *punchpunchpunch*

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

My first round of Iron Banner today. I am the gods damned punchlord.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Speaking of guesses, how do you guys think the story will play out?

The Speaker is evil, that's pretty much a given. Also Rasputin will go insane (rampant!) because it's an AI in a Bungie game named Rasputin. Or maybe they'll play off this and have the nefarious Speaker just try to trick you into thinking it's evil. Your ghost will be revealed to be The One True Ghost that has the power to briefly awaken the Traveler, or maybe has a piece of the Traveler's consciousness dormant within it or something. The story ends with you getting a mysterious sign from the Traveler, and the Darkness is kept at bay... for now.

Bungie's said that they're going for a more hopeful and idealistic story. So the speaker probably isn't evil. Rasputin is already off doing his own thing and doesn't seem to give a rats rear end about the Guardians or the rest of humanity based on some quotes from the people in the Tower.

That being said the Traveler is likely hated by the rest of the galaxy for a reason.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

a foolish pianist posted:

I can't find a good photo online of the two mountains in one shot, but it looks like Snowpatch Spire in front of Bugaboo Spire, in the Canadian Rockies. Here's Snowpatch, as seen from Bugaboo:

The City is in the eurasian steppe region somewhere. Probably Kazakhstan. Otherwise the Wall would encompass half the planet. The Old Russia area is explicitly on the outer edges of the wall.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

neetengie posted:

Green armor can have upgrades as well, like improving the reload time of Scout Rifles, holding more ammo for them etc

The only armor upgrade Titan's will ever need is the one that makes you punch faster. Win every punching contest.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

This is a PSA for all you publords out there. The Interceptor is not a pimped out Sparrow. Do not steal it at the games beginning only to drive it to a control zone, jump out, and try to take the zone on foot by yourself and get blown up by the enemy interceptor and reward them with a second interceptor with which to stomp our faces with. Danke. In the unfortunate event you're a loving idiot and do this anyway, conserve your Golden Gun, Hodukken, or Power Fist for the Interceptors. It takes a long rear end time for me to build up two of those, and they can sometimes survive the first one.

gently caress First Light.

Now that I'm done shrieking my rage into the void: I found this rad blue Hip Towel I hadn't seen before! Shame it's a niner. :smith:

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Feenix posted:

My best primary is a Cydonia-AR3 (Auto Rifle) with 62 upgraded damage, and a Glass Half Full mod where the bottom of my clip does more damage.

I still use the Khvostov 7G-02 because I like the broken lens. Murders people fine in pvp, and I largely use my secondary + fists in pve. Weirdly when I DO use the Khvostov in pve, even level 8-11 mobs don't seem to take all that much less damage than if I used my Cydonia. Not sure if the attack stat is broken or just less of an issue at the levels the beta plays at.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Oh it's definitely unbalanced. First Light goes to whoever wins the initial vehicle battle 80% of the time, largely due to the unbelievable pile of bullshit-made-machine that is the Interceptor. Easily fixed by making it a tad easier to kill, either through the availability of heavy ammo, or just general lowering of its health. The Martian map has the obvious control point imbalance with B being located right next to C and it's start point. Although this is largely an issue with organized teams. The usual disorganized publord scramble can easily lead to A taking over C and B and changing sides on a whim. Venus seems to be mostly fine, besides B being hilariously easy to defend by a lone hobo with a shotgun.

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 23, 2014

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

After playing it for a while, I think I actually like Iron Banner more than standard Crucible. I have lovely armor and I seemed to be doing just fine. There was a lot less lag, though.

Yeah. I don't really get the people who whine about the gear imbalance in pvp.

This is me in Iron Banner on a level 2 warlock with the starting two guns. I leveled up near the end.
I'm not good at this game. Not TOO terrible, but I'm not exactly Ragebeef. So not sure what yalls problem is. :iiam:

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Kevlar Beard posted:

I've been noticing people like to...rush things I bit in PVP.

I've realized taking things a bit slower and actually trying to defend points/NOT DYING AT ANY COST actually makes my kda shoot up like crazy and helps me win games I would have otherwise lost.

I mean, earlier today I had a match with a 7.3 kda; there are some people getting insane killstreaks in my games, and it's really just because of decent risk assessment and killstreaks (from getting their supers/heavy ammo regularly).
You have to have a base capped to defend it :smith:

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Considering Control is literally TDM with scaling points 'gear doesn't matter' is probably not a good point to make when you helped the enemy team more than you did yours

I'm pretty sure by far the largest gain of points comes from multiperson captures doesn't it? Otherwise the goon premade folks have been lying to me. And Ragebeef would have been on the winning teams in all of the games where we get split up.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

http://destinynews.net/exotics-in-beta/
So not sure if this has been linked yet but it's a list of every Exotic in the Beta files.

Notable highlights are this Hunter helm: Knucklehead Radar
Knucklehead Radar: Retains radar while looking down the sights of any primary weapon.

This Warlock coat: Heart of the Praxic Fire
Praise the Sun: Further decreases all ability cooldowns while radiance is active.

The pulse rifle: Bad Juju
String of Curses: This weapon reloads INSTANTLY and increases damage after a kill for a time.

And this Fusion Rifle: Pocket Infinity
Pocket Infinity: Fires in full auto and has a chance to restore missed shots into the clip

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

That exotic gear site has updated with a few more datamined pictures.

This Titan chest piece is called the Armamentarium and lets you carry two grenades instead of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

xxEightxx posted:

Does it give you +12 ammo for your primary gun?

Secondary and heavy weapon ammo actually.

• Locked thread