Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I sent a request to join the clan.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Holy crap, looks like we might have a midnight start date instead of a "4am/Noon PST/Whenever the gently caress PSN updates" launch.

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/489518222303956993

For people that preordered, we're all still stuck waiting for PSN to email out codes, correct? Or is the beta key on a digital receipt somewhere that I should be putting in on the Bungie site?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Follow That Fish! posted:

Did you preorder off PSN? If yes, you should have Destiny Beta in your PS Store library.

This is how it's supposed to work in Europe at least.

I do not believe it is working that way in the US, but I could be wrong.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Heads up: With a normal digital pre-order I was able to go to the store, put the Destiny Beta into my cart, and start it downloading. No beta code needed (with the preorder), and this is in the US. :getin:

Use the link grrarg posted on the previous page.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Silver Striker posted:

Yeah I love Dinklage but it just doesn't sound like he brought his A-game to the recording booth for Destiny. From what I gather it's a little bit better than the Alpha (that I sadly missed out on), and I don't know how much of it is the voice direction, but his performance just lacks much character. It's sad, really. He sounds only mildly interested which is a letdown since he's supposed to be your sidekick and Bungie has done robot characters really well in the past.

Oh well. I'll live with it. It's probably my biggest complaint so far, though.

They at least put a little robotic voice modulation on it now. In the alpha it was just straight-up raw Dinklage samples. Honestly, I think they should still filter it up a little more -- I imagine his flat delivery is because they told him he's playing a robot, and it doesn't work unless it sounds really robotic.

Also, they're missing out on PS4 by not having an option to make his voice come from the controller speaker.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Bob NewSCART posted:

no one cares whether or not you think his voice overs are triple A quality you self righteous fools

No one cares whether or not you think this discussion should continue you self righteous fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Fateo McMurray posted:

I care about some things, and not about others. Only talk about the things I care about.

The things you care about are terrible, and I think less of you for caring about them! Talk about things I care about instead.

Like Titan supremacy.

• Locked thread