Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Amazon still hasn't sent me anything and a rep is "personally" working on it. Blah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nerdist is giving away keys while they last:

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/07/ready-for-more-destiny-beta-codes-of-course-you-are/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

404GoonNotFound posted:

Holy crap, looks like we might have a midnight start date instead of a "4am/Noon PST/Whenever the gently caress PSN updates" launch.

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/489518222303956993

Oh wicked, cannot wait!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

At the end of the day I got nothing from Amazon, oh well. The Nerdist key giveaway that I linked to worked and I'll be firing up this game tomorrow.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dial M for MURDER posted:

That's weird, I pre-ordered from Amazon and got the code within 10 seconds. From what I've read though it matters if you are US or EU.

Canadian in this case. :3:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well this is beautiful. I hope that quote isn't really taken out.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

And what about those drat airline peanuts?

Who gives a gently caress about a beta first post.

If it was mine it would show a picture of the box and go, this game is great - out September. Buy it! And then you could all post and not care anymore about the post.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So everyone still waiting?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

whoknew posted:

:siren:Once you start the download (even remotely), you do not need to start the Destiny Beta in order for it to download the whole thing. It will download fully no matter what.:siren:

As was said earlier, if you go to the Destiny Beta item on the main PS4 menu, press options, and then pick information, you can see the download status.

Thanks baby! :bigtran:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Some keys for PS4 North America:

AKGT-KDNM-TTLC
3LD9-QDN3-D7P7

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The main Goon Squad for WoW requires someone manually authorizing you to get just on the forums and from there setting up your character, linking it, looking at a list of inviters and you need to /who to see if anyone is on and ask them for a invite into the ingame guild.

I say you got it pretty loving good here.

Rename yourself to Dan Dildo because that's how you're acting right now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Croccers posted:

Just put the loving matchmaking in and if Raids are too hard for General Populous Scrubbies the ones that care will loving learn to how to group up properly and make friends anyway and they'll pull along small numbers of unaffiliated Pubbies when they need to fill up some empty slots and those Pubbies that will learn and eventually will start to make friends and team up for Raids, then they'll need some unaffiliated Pubbies to fill up rank etc.

This makes for a lovely experience. Have you ever done LFR raids in WoW? It's freaking HORRIBLE. Even when the encounters are watered down it takes FOREVER because no one cares.

Random mish-mashes of people NEVER LEARN. This has been proven over the past 2+ years in WoW raids alone, hell maybe longer when you used to pug for a normal mode raid.

If people want to run these raids they can put forth the effort to get some friends together and play.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You're REALLY loving angry at this (based on the tone of your posts).

But that is kinda right - get these people to interact with the strangers they meet in the world, maybe even the hub world where you can be social. And once you gather some people go out and do these raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Fateo McMurray posted:

I love when someone disagrees with someone else one of the first comebacks always is "man you sure are angry" :allears:

Read his posts - this is a potentially grown man raging loving hard over matchmaking in a video game.

• Locked thread