Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Triggsz posted:

Should we start using a Destiny-spreadsheet to find other goons instead of using the PSN one? Or will the Bnet group help organize things ingame?

BNet group will hopefully help. I can't imagine them not having a way for you to get the status of your clan mates in game at some point, but maybe it won't be in the beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

You can now set SA Goons as your PlayStation or XBox clan.

Also we are now an alliance.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

whoknew posted:

You can sign up for the Bungie.net group now. Visit http://destiny.sub.io to get started.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

echronorian posted:

Couldn't register my profile from the OP link, my name is mongochron and I requested the clan page. Also, thanks for being on top of all the Destiny news MrLongHair so that we don't have to trawl neogaf/official forums ourselves.

Not sure what your issue actually was that you can't authenticate, but you should be posting about it in the PGS thread instead of here.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

limaCAT posted:

Has anyone heard about the 75 people clan limit cap?

Apparently Neogaf is splitting their own clan in a federation of regional sub-clans because of it.

Well, no big deal if it is a limit. Has that been confirmed yet? We can just create clans and add them to the SA Goons alliance. Whoever volunteers to run the individual clan groups should just use SA Goons group membership to determine if an applicant is a goon or not.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

So, do we want to do regional sub-clans, or just random sub-clans that we add as needed? I don't see why we couldn't have both, so feel free to create groups as desired and apply for membership to the SA Goons alliance.

whoknew fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 17, 2014

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Dart posted:

I think regional is a better option as long as it's not too difficult logistically.

I'm going to leave it up to you guys to create the groups you want. The main SA Goons clan will be general/global.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Banzai 3 posted:

We don't even know if the ~70 clan members is a cap or a bug - maybe we should chill out a little bit on this until we hear for sure? Otherwise we could have a bunch of fractured groups when we don't necessarily need to.

It's no big deal. If the 75 member cap gets lifted everyone just has to click the clan button on the main group to switch back. All of the sub-groups should have membership in the main SA Goons group as a prerequisite, or they will not be allowed in the alliance.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Dunderhead posted:

Ahh yeah, just found it, there's nothing there yet. It sucks that they didn't release the codes so we could pre-install the game. Those download servers are going to get slammed in two hours...

Also, is anyone making a clan for Central time? (I only saw the Eastern one)

Central is probably close enough to EST that we don't need 2 for now.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

:siren:Once you start the download (even remotely), you do not need to start the Destiny Beta in order for it to download the whole thing. It will download fully no matter what.:siren:

As was said earlier, if you go to the Destiny Beta item on the main PS4 menu, press options, and then pick information, you can see the download status.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

MickRaider posted:

Also doesn't the UI feel like it's designed for KB/M?

Yeah, kinda. They were probably just future-proofing.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

One upped myself. Here's a quintuple kill with the Titan super that ended a game:

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

MrLonghair posted:

it's too early to say if it has continued

This is the main point here. You don't really know what happens later in the game, maybe the reason why Dinkghost is the way he is is explained.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Woodhouse posted:

So is this something I should pre-order or wait for a key to test the waters? Whats the general consensus?

I think most of the people in this thread would say that if you like this kind of game, it doesn't get much better than this one does.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Broseph Brostar posted:

Hand Cannons are just shittier scout rifles though.

Wrong. The hipfire is much better.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

GruntyThrst posted:

Not worth the near-identical reload speed for half the capacity though.

Stop missing.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

GruntyThrst posted:

You should know that it's a very important contribution and you deserve a raise.

General Battuta, print this thread out and take it your boss to get a raise.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Christoff posted:

Here's the remote play control scheme for vita in case anyone was lost like me

HINT:
pre:
[timg][/timg]
is your friend

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Here's a 6 man goon team stomping some pubbies on the Moon last night. I get a 15 kill streak with a hand cannon and a fusion rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGG3chvWlhU

Also, tryin to get a 6 man team to play with for the 2 hours of the challenge today, who's with me!? PSN is antipax.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Silver Striker posted:

I'm down. PSN is Rassium. When does it start? Not like I've got anything else to do today :getin:

Sure, just add me, my PSN is antipax. Anyone who wants to play on the Goonstomp team has to have a level 8 char with good gear though since the new playlist will have level advantages on.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Silver Striker posted:

Sounds good. The best way to get gear is just grind Devil's Lair, right? I can bust out some runs of that on my warlock to get geared up.

Yup, I'm on now so feel free to join up w me.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Ok, my fireteam has 6 for the event already (6+ really) join the IRC channel #destinygoons @ irc.synirc.net to form more groups!

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

ufarn posted:

Does the netcode for PVP seem bad, or is it just me? I get something like three to five kill trades a game.

It's just Bungie netcode. When that happens it just means you and your opponent killed each other at about the same time. It's a tradeoff, but it's the fairest way to do it.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Me and the A-Team just played around 3 hours of Iron Banner by staying in the queue. We only lost one game and it was our first one, which seemed to be against the only team in the world that was better than us.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

#358 by score, woot.

Sorry I dropped unexpectedly last night to my A-Team buddies. Something came up and I had to take care of it.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

SealHammer posted:

Anyone know how long they're doing the Iron Banner sessions for today? I want to know if I can somehow make it back from work in time to get in on the tail-end of that later session.

Same times as yesterday, 2pm PST and 7pm PST for 2 hours each time.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

pr0digal posted:

I checked before I made it and didn't see one.

And I can spell good

We do have one, it's the EST one listed in the PGS thread OP. If we need another one in the future I'll let you know.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

pr0digal posted:

Whoops didn't see it

Ah there we go. SAG2 is east coast. My bad. Can it be renamed to be clearer?

Yeah I asked veddermatic to change the name since it's kinda boring anyway. Maybe he should change it to be like your group.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Karthe posted:

I just requested an invite to the SA Goons and Manifest Goon clans. Can you join multiple clans like that? I guess I should go check out the PGS thread.

MrLonghair, can you please remove the listing of clans from the OP so that people have to go read the PGS thread OP to learn how to join us? I think your list might be leading to confusion, and I'm probably the best person to keep the list up to date anyway since I'm the one approving alliances and such.

whoknew fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 21, 2014

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

FYI here's the leaked contract that came out around when the Bungie-Activision deal was announced: http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-activision-contract/

Looks like the document was signed so this is what they are contractually obligated to deliver.

A summary: http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Bungie-Activision_Contract

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Steve2911 posted:

I don't know. Agreements change between friendly parties, even if a contract was signed. Bungie could have locked down a really good development/monetization pattern since then and Activision might have liked it. The contract might have been amended or scrapped a dozen times.

This is true, just thought I'd link it so people can see what they at least were planning to do.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

haveblue posted:

Marty won his lawsuit. He'll get the chunk of cash but neither he nor us gets an explanation of what really happened.

We might still hear more. This particular case was just for his unpaid vacation and bonuses or whatever. Another article mentioned that he still has other actions pending.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

pr0digal posted:

Looks like the shipwright has a new Uncommon ship available which looks exactly like the ship next to it. Does that mean ships will actually mean something in the final release?

Doesn't look exactly the same. Cockpit glass is different.

Also, thanks to Lumpy the auth page is now super-prettified and Destiny-y.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Awesome Animals posted:

I could be wrong because I only put a half-dozen hours in the Alpha, and two hours in the Beta, but don't green items have upgrades available to them?

Not all of them.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

KnightProjekt posted:

Is there a Goon Clan for Xbone yet?

The main SA Goons group is still not even close to full on the Xbox side, so people who are playing on Xbox should join that. You can also choose to join a sub-clan, but there probably won't be a lot of people.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Drop rates feel substantially better, got like five engrams just from 15 minutes of play.

They may just be time-based in a similar way to TF2 and CS:GO. If you play less than other people, you should still get plenty of loot.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Jon93 posted:

I really wish there was a way to group up with SA Goon clan members and not pubs.

Um, try joining the IRC channel in the OP, or use the goon ps4 autoadder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

FishBulb posted:

When I played last night it said SA Goons under my name, does that mean I'm in the group or the clan? I tried to set it as my clan awhile back but I kept getting errors so I assumed it didn't work.

You're in the clan then.

• Locked thread