Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?
If your life goal is to be a parasite living off your friends and family then 420 erryday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

people i know who are daily weed smokers:
  • unemployed
  • live with parents
  • play video games all day
  • overweight with facial hair on their neck

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

a creepy colon posted:

lol no it doesnt it just means that depressed and anxious people smoke lots of weed which is exactly whatd youd expect from ppl abusing a drug daily

poo poo study from the guys at MEDICALXPRESS.com

its from http://www.pnas.org/
thats just like one of those nerd news sites that post breakthroughs and studys.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

OMFG FURRY posted:

i remember reading that most of his peers thought he was a pushy rear end in a top hat who would just railroad any argument around him and loved being in the spotlight

most of his peers were prob mad jelly and not down with the dro

Stoic Commie fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 16, 2014

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

roboshit posted:

• unemployed
  • live with parents

that's because the cool tokers don't associate with tweakers dude ... you bum us out man

btw cool story about how the guy who ran the trailer park pretended to want meth and you tried to sell it to him and got kicked out bro

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Ehhh, half of silicon valley smokes weed everyday and I think they are doing okay smart wise and money wise.

Swizzbutt
Jul 12, 2014

I don't think so but it definitely doesn't make me any smarter.

Also if I didn't smoke weed I wouldn't be doing anything productive during that time anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Whenever I do want or need to do something that takes mental effort I just don't smoke.

Swizzbutt fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 17, 2014

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Weed makes you high, you make you stupid.

HTH

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fandyien posted:

i hate weed names though. whenever people sell me weed with a silly name, i scoff at them.

I too wish weed strains went by more botanically correct names.

Hybrid cultivar AC215, phenotype HP22B is some dank poo poo man!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'd like it better if the names were the reactions you had.

Couch Lock, Munchie Madness, Floating Head, Libido Maximus, Sperg Strain and WOW MAN!

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Wendigee posted:

Ehhh, half of silicon valley smokes weed everyday and I think they are doing okay smart wise and money wise.

no you dont understand they are all unemployed live at home neckbeards because goon said he knows people like that and is totally not just projecting

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

roboshit posted:

• unemployed
  • live with parents

i liked you better before you got outed as a meth addict and adopted this retard gimmick

Zeno-25 posted:

I too wish weed strains went by more botanically correct names.

Hybrid cultivar AC215, phenotype HP22B is some dank poo poo man!

honestly i really would prefer this because "dankberry mango kush" makes me feel like im buying a kids cereal

Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.
there is a huge heroin problem in my hometowns high school district. weed probably isn't the greatest thing to be taking while your mind and body is still developing but it least it won't leave you with a crippling physiological addiction to it and have a good chance of killing you. The point I am trying to make is if you want to take recreational drugs, weed is probably the best one to do.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VendaGoat posted:

I'd like it better if the names were the reactions you had.

Couch Lock, Munchie Madness, Floating Head, Libido Maximus, Sperg Strain and WOW MAN!

That'd be cool but you'd run out of names pretty quick. There are hundreds if not thousands of strains out there these days, dozens of new ones being bred each year. As long as you keep track of the genetic lineage why not give each strain some wacky name

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Zeno-25 posted:

That'd be cool but you'd run out of names pretty quick. There are hundreds if not thousands of strains out there these days, dozens of new ones being bred each year. As long as you keep track of the genetic lineage why not give each strain some wacky name

seriously we give dumb names to plants all the time why is weed any different

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_plants_by_common_name

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I'm always about to say something really smart but then I forget what it is. The good lord giveth and he taketh.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Tonsured posted:

Have you tried reading a book?

is the forums like a book?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Useless Shotgun posted:

there is a huge heroin problem in my hometowns high school district. weed probably isn't the greatest thing to be taking while your mind and body is still developing but it least it won't leave you with a crippling physiological addiction to it and have a good chance of killing you. The point I am trying to make is if you want to take recreational drugs, weed is probably the best one to do.

yeah and given that it is less dangerous than drinking it's not really a question of "does weed make you stupid" but rather "does weed make you more stupid than alcohol" to which the answer is probably "no" unless you are blazing blunts constantly

or as my sinus surgeon told me when I asked if I could partake post-surgery "as long as you aren't blowing blunts of ditchweed through your nose on a daily basis, you are fine"

btw that was a surgeon. at the mayo clinic. who, given his choice of verbiage, definitely blazes that poo poo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yes. But it's a fun stupid, so who cares?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

hey op i can assure you weed does not affect your intelligence at all i smoke weed every day and im a genuis

Swizzbutt
Jul 12, 2014

Iggy Koopa posted:

hey op i can assure you weed does not affect your intelligence at all i smoke weed every day and im a genuis

Lol

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i have heard it can affect your memory though

wow that was an old sig lol
chec k out my drawings the sidsons :)

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I would love to try weeds however I cant due to certain restrictions.

I would much rather smoke or eat the weed than drink.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

psyopmonkey posted:

I would love to try weeds however I cant due to certain restrictions.

I would much rather smoke or eat the weed than drink.

gently caress the police/man

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Iggy Koopa posted:

i have heard it can affect your memory though

i think so because i cant even remember what it was like getting high before high became the default state

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

OMFG FURRY posted:

i remember reading that most of his peers thought he was a pushy rear end in a top hat who would just railroad any argument around him and loved being in the spotlight

so he's basically an honorary goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

or as my sinus surgeon told me when I asked if I could partake post-surgery "as long as you aren't blowing blunts of ditchweed through your nose on a daily basis, you are fine"

I guess weed doesn't make you stupid.

• Locked thread