Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
so i was bored this afternoon and decided to look for 911 scanner stations cause gently caress it i wanna hear some weird rear end poo poo

so right now i'm sitting around drinking a beer and listening to this batshit ham radio station

it's known as the 435 repeater and it apparently has a notorious reputation for people saying weird poo poo and fighting each other

like, i'm convinced it literally is the internet for old nerds. not too long ago, i heard a guy singing about making GBS threads his pants and some guy wanting to fight the others cause he's a virgin.

here's the web page for the repeater: https://your435.com

with frequencies and a teamspeak server i think

and a direct link to the stream: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14747

this is just in socal, so poo poo maybe post some interesting stations from where your at

the broadcastify site has a list of amateur radio stations, so i'm certain you had some weird rear end poo poo from your neck of the woods

edit: post poo poo like 911 scanners too.

Glasgow Kiss fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
im the mic feedback

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Glasgow Kiss posted:

so i was bored this afternoon and decided to look for 911 scanner stations cause gently caress it i wanna hear some weird rear end poo poo

so right now i'm sitting around drinking a beer and listening to this batshit ham radio station

it's known as the 435 repeater and it apparently has a notorious reputation for people saying weird poo poo and fighting each other

like, i'm convinced it literally is the internet for old nerds. not too long ago, i heard a guy singing about making GBS threads his pants and some guy wanting to fight the others cause he's a virgin.

here's the web page for the repeater: https://your435.com

with frequencies and a teamspeak server i think

and a direct link to the stream: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14747

just heard "I've just been informed that the niggers have taken the bridge!"

:ohdear:

then someone said "this is no friend of the family wednesday!" but it's not wednesday.

this is the radio version of gbs

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

A misanthrope posted:

this is the radio version of gbs
fuckin seriously

just had a black guy recite the ingredients of a fajita...i think

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
outlaw radio stations in the wasteland called california

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

it's 4:20 over here and they're taking bong hits now

:catdrugs:

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Glasgow Kiss posted:

it's 4:20 over here and they're taking bong hits now

:catdrugs:

Got in just in time to hear the bong hit. :drugnerd:

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

not to long ago, some guy was talking about a colostomy bag that exploded in his truck

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM*CRACKLE*LOOK AT MY BUTTHOLE AND SMALL PENIS*CRACKLE*MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lmao what is this music, i cant place the genre at all. it sounds like a bebop nasheed done by an acapella group

ed: this scary voice just announced a dick measuring contest followed by "i feel like pooping"

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
oh hey the trolololo song

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
"there's no need for the dick measuring contest"

"I'm a war veteran"

"no one cares"

I like this

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

apd: a poopy diaper

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Fandyien posted:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM*CRACKLE*LOOK AT MY BUTTHOLE AND SMALL PENIS*CRACKLE*MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

"my dick is so short, when i lay in the sand at the beach, it almost touches it"

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

that gave me a laff. how do i find local ones im really high and cant figure this website out.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i figured it out. the only local one is "Worldwide Amateur HF Nets" and it's some really fuzzy guy speaking in spanish lol
http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/15433/web

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

something about this spanish guy talking in a windstorm is weirdly compelling. as far as i can tell, he is talking about eating eighteen eggs at night.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

the world of ham radio is magical

like, i'm excited to see what happens when nightfall happens

so far, during the day, we have people talking about poop bags, casual racism, and dick measuring contests...plus with random morse code and music

edit: some's one trying to jam it and another is spamming music

Glasgow Kiss fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 17, 2014

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

i just got on and heard a sermon from a crazy guy that sounded like it was recorded in a sardine can

talking about insane poo poo. it's over now but i have a feeling as the night goes, you'll start to hear from the schizos and stuff

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so ham radio is xbox live voice chat, is what im getting here

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

so ham radio is xbox live voice chat, is what im getting here

yeah pretty much

but instead of 13 year olds, it's old mentally ill people

right now a black panther-esque guy is ranting about how socrates stole from the great philosophers of ancient africa while old tech nerds talk about radio equipment

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Glasgow Kiss posted:

yeah pretty much

but instead of 13 year olds, it's old mentally ill people

right now a black panther-esque guy is ranting about how socrates stole from the great philosophers of ancient africa while old tech nerds talk about radio equipment

the illegal aliens are making them listen to him

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
bike locking people's already bike locked bikes? That's a pretty dick move lol.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

apparently if you have teamspeak u can be on here

http://your435.com

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

"Hey can you get me like a case of 1mg Xanax"
"How do you keep them from getting stuck in your throat?"

this... this is great the thread and the steam, 5

Helpimscared fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 26, 2014

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Well I guess we'd all be doing this right now if the internet wasn't around.

"Can I get a Speed Report, and no I don't mean Methamphetamine."

"HOW FAST. HAVE YOU GONE. IN THAT CAR"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corvus corone
Oct 14, 2012

Helpimscared posted:

"Hey can you get me like a case of 1mg Xanax"
"How do you keep them from getting stuck in your throat?"

this... this is great the thread and the steam, 5

lmao i just heard that

• Locked thread