Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

2D Dwarf Fortress forever

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME

Philip J. Fry posted:

It was a gem man, so much fun to follow.

Actually I'm sort of pissed now, Baka Emperor is now only the third funniest mafia thing this year

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
This should be the first in a series of ascii based video game mafia games.

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME
Does Crawl count? I'd run a Crawl Mafia

Or a Liberal Death Squad Mafia

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It is dark, you are likely to be murdered by a scum.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Catching up on the day and I have to say I'm amazed at how many people disliked season 4 of AD. Next you're going to try to tell me It's Always Sunny is a bad show. Actually, is there anyone around that dislikes both of those?

As far as other ASCII suggestions I think Nethack is a pretty well known one that could be turned into mafia.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There has definitely been a nethack and crawl themed game that I recall. Does't mean we can't have more of them!

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

chaoslord posted:

Catching up on the day and I have to say I'm amazed at how many people disliked season 4 of AD. Next you're going to try to tell me It's Always Sunny is a bad show. Actually, is there anyone around that dislikes both of those?

As far as other ASCII suggestions I think Nethack is a pretty well known one that could be turned into mafia.
All TV shows are terrible.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

I remember Isaac mafia, does that count as roguelike mafia?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote Hal Incandenza

My log says you're a scum.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
Liberal Crime Squad Mafia is the best idea I've heard all day.

But would the LCS be town or scum? :confused:

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

##vote Hal Incandenza

My log says you're a scum.

That's funny cause mine says you're the scum

Hal, Fry, Meds, Shoot!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Philip J. Fry posted:

That's funny cause mine says you're the scum

Hal, Fry, Meds, Shoot!

the ecstasy of adamantine

so hey the deadline is tomorrow night.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm gonna help find a scum today because I have the day off so please post and things tia.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Right now I am going to vote whoever has the lowest postcount at the end of the day.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
There is no easy way to see postcounts now, unfortunately.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Juanito posted:

There is no easy way to see postcounts now, unfortunately.

Huh, you're right. Weird.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The great forums crash took away something near and dear to us.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This won't count as "easily" but it's not particularly difficult either. They could open a tab for everyone from the OP and start eyeballing from there. It's pretty easy to tell who to eliminate when you see your scroll bar is very small compared to the others. Should help to get rid of half of the people or so. From there it's counting a handful a posts for a few people which won't take too terribly long if that's what Somberbrero really wants to do. Just need to have a cut off probably half an hour before the deadline and then run through it.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

We have like 36 hours. I don't get why this is relevant.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Philip J. Fry posted:

We have like 36 hours. I don't get why this is relevant.

I guess we could always lynch based on who has the worst opinions about TV.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
##vote no lynch

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME

Somberbrero posted:

I guess we could always lynch based on who has the worst opinions about TV.

Please no.

In all seriousness, I'm feeling iffy about Fry. I'd be pushing harder if I'd played with him before and knew this wasn't just his meta.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ThirdEmperor posted:

Please no.

In all seriousness, I'm feeling iffy about Fry. I'd be pushing harder if I'd played with him before and knew this wasn't just his meta.

I have played with him many times before and I am getting bad vibes.

ras why would we no lynch?

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Please explain the meta/vibes on Fry

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Pretty much the meta is that Fry left his dog waiting for him.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Hmm yes i see

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Science of Suck posted:

I already did. I found his response to Hal awkward. He smells scummy and I feel like I can read Fry pretty well based on a couple games in the past. That's all.

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME

The Science of Suck posted:

He's been responding in an awkward, forced manner, jumped on Yuming as soon as somebody else had thrown moderate suspicion her way. Kind of no liking the way he didn't respond to my vote on him, but did respond to the person he knew and was ( presumably ) more comfortable with. That last one might be stretching a little, but hell, it's not like there's been anything much to read on today

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If I had to go on someone other than Fry it would be CP. I didn't like the tone of his response at all, and while claiming VT as town is actively harmful to the town, claiming it as scum could maybe be useful(i think? will have to consider as i am not very smart). I got the sense that he was trying to back away from the discussion as quick as possible with the "haha just playing you nerds" bit and then only posting white noise. Most of the thread is white noise at this point though.

Is chaoslord new?

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME
Are you new? Cause that seems like standard CP to me - When there's more material in the thread, if he's still quiet, then I'll be suspicious.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I've never seen chaoslord before. Looks like this is one of his first 2 games.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ThirdEmperor posted:

Are you new? Cause that seems like standard CP to me - When there's more material in the thread, if he's still quiet, then I'll be suspicious.

I regularly used mafia as a substitute for healthy social interaction a couple years ago, if I played with CP in that time I do not remember them.

Juanito posted:

I've never seen chaoslord before. Looks like this is one of his first 2 games.

Cool. The way he responded to my suggestion felt kinda weird, but he's not wrong and I am still 100% down to lurker-lynch if nothing happens here.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nah, you never played with CP, Somber

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

ThirdEmperor posted:

He's been responding in an awkward, forced manner, jumped on Yuming as soon as somebody else had thrown moderate suspicion her way. Kind of no liking the way he didn't respond to my vote on him, but did respond to the person he knew and was ( presumably ) more comfortable with. That last one might be stretching a little, but hell, it's not like there's been anything much to read on today

I more or less ignored your vote because its day 1 and people (typically) throw votes around a lot. Once someone else agreed with the sentiment and agreed that what you're saying holds water, I responded.

And calling my vote on yuming anything but a joke vote is just foolish. No one had voted, and I put G D sirens in it. Come on now.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

yuming posted:

I'm gonna help find a scum today because I have the day off so please post and things tia.

No u

##vote yuming

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Serious vote btw

"Hey guys post stuff while I don't post stuff and instead try to look like I'm scum hunting"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Somberbrero posted:

If I had to go on someone other than Fry it would be CP. I didn't like the tone of his response at all, and while claiming VT as town is actively harmful to the town, claiming it as scum could maybe be useful(i think? will have to consider as i am not very smart). I got the sense that he was trying to back away from the discussion as quick as possible with the "haha just playing you nerds" bit and then only posting white noise. Most of the thread is white noise at this point though.

Is chaoslord new?

I'd also say that throwing out a vt claim this early on is a great way to excuse one's self from the inevitable late game conversation of "why haven't scum killed you yet?"

Other than that though, I'd say that this is how he posts regardless of alignment.

• Locked thread