Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

quote:

-Scum MVP is inarguably Philip J. Fry, who ended up Town on every single Lumpen List until like day 6.

what no this didn't loving happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Thursday afternoon I was checking this thread while waiting to pick up a prescription. On the drive home I was swearing the entire time because I realized we lost.

Good game Juanito, I just couldn't get you or AC lynched somehow. I was on vacation for a week there and didn't have wireless access for part of my trip and that made it hard to fight back against BN. Watching this game unfold was so frustrating, I wished Grandi had brought me back just so I could scream at everyone.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Juanito posted:

Everybody blame the entire game on chaoslord when he shows up.

God DAMNIT chaoslord

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah, props to fry. He fell off my radar hard and it wasn't until after I was dead that I was sure it was him and Juanito.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am kinda piss off at this game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
god drat it

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
Also I'd like to congratulate my scumbuddies for pulling this one off despite me. I was really happy to be scum in my first SA Mafia game but I clearly don't know how to play it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
FRY I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN YOU IF IT WASN'T FOR THOSE MEDDLING KIDS
well i mean it would have ended up with jauntio lynch and you night killing me but you get my point

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i liked that you described my playstyle as bohemian though

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Jefepato posted:

Also I'd like to congratulate my scumbuddies for pulling this one off despite me. I was really happy to be scum in my first SA Mafia game but I clearly don't know how to play it.
You did good! It ain't easy being scum.

I hope to see you in more games :)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, yeah, Jefepato and Chaoslord both played very well for their first games. Jefe, you basically did exactly what every player does when their first game is as scum, so don't feel bad at all.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
BTW I think tearshed played a waaaaaaaaay better game than yuming in that he did not shoot a town like 5 minutes before the goddamn deadline

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
When PM said she was looking for a replacement in the discussion thread, I freaked out, because I know merk had been looking for a game to replace in.

If he'd joined, we would have been slaughtered.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im very angry

chaos you have made a foe this day

(good first game though)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I feel like, even if we'd got juanito, Fry would have made it

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
If I hadn't been nked I was going to use my pardon power as extortion to get Fry lynched

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Opopanax posted:

yeah mafia would have won this game anyway i was the only one who seem to be suspecting fry at all so unless if fry was dumb and didn't night kill me it was a win for them no matter what

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

He was my next target if you guys had listened.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

He was my next target if you guys had listened.

Well I'm sure you learned a valuable lesson about doing better

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

Well I'm sure you learned a valuable lesson about doing better

No no no, you have it all wrong.

You are the one who should walk away from this with a valuable lesson or two.

1. Pig is always correct.
2. Fry is always scum.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Big Nothing lied, Doctor's died :devil:

I was lying through my rear end so much when i came back as a ghost. I felt even bad that somb was trying to help justify my lies!

I was suprised nobody made the connection: BN died, and now we don't have death reports WHAT IS HAPPENING AAHHHHH

In honesty, i liked the original death reports role i had.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Big Nothing posted:

In honesty, i liked the original death reports role i had.
I like attaching small town benefits to otherwise-vanilla roles. Chatot in Pokemonfia, then your role in this.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
cool

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
So who did bowmore pick to roleblock on the final night?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'd like to state that my stairs related head injury was 100% legit, just look at the scumdoc and see my pain medication induced insanity.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Good game PM, I'm sorry I didn't give it the attention it deserved.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tearshed posted:

So who did bowmore pick to roleblock on the final night?
I wasn't given a chance to send my action in which is a bit of a mod screw up

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nights are supposed to be 24 hours right?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

bowmore posted:

I wasn't given a chance to send my action in which is a bit of a mod screw up
...poo poo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Way to opop it up

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote pm

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Cool I was right about AC.

RIP town thanks for the game PM~

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Rascyc posted:

I'm content with the knowledge that Fry will never be able to mistake bulletproof for lynchproof ever again as a fake claim

When in doubt, make people think you're being a total idiot and have no idea what you're doing, and they won't thin you're scum. It's worked for me in the past too, but not quite this well. I'm pretty bad at scum day 1 but once I get past that I can do alright.

CapitalistPig posted:

I would like to dish out a huge helping of I told you so.

:smug:

:jerkbag:

Great game PM all the way through. It was thoroughly enjoyable, if not a bit stressful at times.

I also want to echo the chaoslord praise. Big ups, you're gonna go far kid.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Philip J. Fry posted:

When in doubt, make people think you're being a total idiot and have no idea what you're doing, and they won't thin you're scum. It's worked for me in the past too, but not quite this well. I'm pretty bad at scum day 1 but once I get past that I can do alright.

I cannot believe you got away with that. I would have been howling for your blood as town.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
It's pretty weird to see people saying I did well here when it felt like I was getting called out as scum all over the place during the game. But thanks.

In retrospect I suspect some of the accusations were just people trying to see how I'd react to pressure rather than me having really tipped my hand or anything, but half the time I really didn't grasp why people thought I was scum even though it was of course true. (I ended up basically ignoring posts that called me scum without really giving any reasoning; I have no idea how to respond to something like that decently.)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Really fun game. I definitely enjoyed it. I wish more people would have been around when Grandi was lynched. I think if there had been more than me/SoS/Juanito around until 4 minutes til deadline maybe it would have happened. The reason I feel double bad about all that though is I kept my vote off of Juanito because I was hoping more people would show up because "What if I'm wrong? :ohdear:" and when it got to like 8:50 SoS moved his vote. Juanito already had Pig on him, so Pig + me + SoS would have been -1 and might have convinced SoS to stick that out rather than switching to Grandi to avoid the no lynch, which means when Grandi came around and put his vote on Juanito it would have hammered.

Live and learn. Gotta be more sure of my opinions. Maybe I'll be wrong but everyone gets things wrong.

Seriously though, I can't say how much I enjoyed playing in this. Thanks for running it and/or playing in it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah I wish I had stuck to my guns.

I don't mind losing, it's the apathy of other players that makes these games less fun to play.

• Locked thread