Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Science of Suck posted:

Serious vote btw

"Hey guys post stuff while I don't post stuff and instead try to look like I'm scum hunting"

There isn't a ton of content and I would think scum wouldn't talk about how they got an awesome role.

It is odd yuming hasn't posted since that though, you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It's too early to make that kind of analysis on yuming. She's known to flake out a bit regardless of alignment, but given time it'll become apparent if she is scum or not.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

I have played with him many times before and I am getting bad vibes.

ras why would we no lynch?
I love all my dwarf friends and wish to see nobody die

also I left a lot of traps in the hallway

care friend

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

Hello I am the Vampire Noble wait why am i in a room with no door oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I know I am inviting a diarrhetic torrent of abuse, but I don't like capps talking about being noble-aligned. I get that it is a joke, but it is a weird thing to joke about.

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME
'but it was a joooooke vote!'

Yeah, uh, no. The timing and the awkwardness of it, make me think you're scum and were trying to build momentum on Yuming under the pretense of a joke.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

Cool. The way he responded to my suggestion felt kinda weird, but he's not wrong and I am still 100% down to lurker-lynch if nothing happens here.

Yeah, I'm new. I found the post count thing was broken in another game when I was going to make a point about how many posts people had made so I did somethin like what I suggested. I could be down for a lurker lynch so I was just giving you a way to do it if you were semi-serious about "lynch lowest postcount". Lot easier than having a sheet of paper and tallying by name to me, anyway, but I tend to come up with complex solutions to simple problems.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
why would we lurker lynch when cpig is in the game heyoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
also in my experience the odds are much higher we no lynch as opposed to lynching a lurker d1 so good luck I guess

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

also in my experience the odds are much higher we no lynch as opposed to lynching a lurker d1 so good luck I guess

Maybe mafia theory has Evolved but that seems dumb. What do you do day two? The lynch is one of those few things the town controls.

chaoslord, thank you for explaining. Now that we have that out of the way, who is the scum?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its a weird thing to joke about noble vampires in a game with noble vampire this just in

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Rascyc posted:

why would we lurker lynch when cpig is in the game heyoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME

Somberbrero posted:

Maybe mafia theory has Evolved but that seems dumb. What do you do day two? The lynch is one of those few things the town controls.

This is right.

Also, OitNB is pretty good.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mafia theory hasn't evolved, players have just gotten worse at showing up for deadlines

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there is no such thing as mafia theory there is only the kill and the thrill

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

its a weird thing to joke about noble vampires in a game with noble vampire this just in

I thought about it a lot and I'm not sure that it isn't. Are you noble-aligned?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Is there a deadline coming up soon? Nothing on votefinder

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Tomorrow at ten pm EST.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

chaoslord, thank you for explaining. Now that we have that out of the way, who is the scum?
There is no mafia theory, I'm just saying there are very few people interested in ever lynching a lurker d1 and it's almost impossible to get everyone onto one single lurker lynch. In my experience people will just skip the day entirely and not give it much thought until d2

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

I thought about it a lot and I'm not sure that it isn't. Are you noble-aligned?

Nope. Why are you scared of this Noble aligned boogie man, whatever it is will become apparent later we should focus on finding those who are scum and.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

Nope. Why are you scared of this Noble aligned boogie man, whatever it is will become apparent later we should focus on finding those who are scum and.

because it is most likely that we will lynch town today so if I can lynch someone that Isn't On My Team instead that's pretty cool. smash the aristocracy one dorf one vote etc.

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME

Rascyc posted:

There is no mafia theory, I'm just saying there are very few people interested in ever lynching a lurker d1 and it's almost impossible to get everyone onto one single lurker lynch. In my experience people will just skip the day entirely and not give it much thought until d2

Why are you so drat focused on the scenario of 'lurker lynch vs. nothing'

Gimme a drat read on someone, asap.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

I dont know. I'm still trying to figure out how to get anything out of D1. I know you are leaning Fry as scum, for instance, but I'm just not seeing anything there. The only thing that really caught me as strange is Rascyc for actively voting "No lynch" instead of just not voting, but that hardly seems like the worst placed vote on a day where at least one person was voted because they didn't like AD season 4. Although, season 4 owns and so anyone who dislikes it probably is scum (or at least 3p).

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

because it is most likely that we will lynch town today so if I can lynch someone that Isn't On My Team instead that's pretty cool. smash the aristocracy one dorf one vote etc.

here is what is going to happen: nobles are going to set mandates and demands that are going to effect the game somehow like in DF. these will probably be nothing more than distractions.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also what the gently caress is this chaoslord doing in this game calling himself chaos lord

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
chaos is my mafia element

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also a mayor is probably going to be elected and we are going to vote on that sometime

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ThirdEmperor posted:

Gimme a drat read on someone, asap.
or else ... ?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this is a big game the days are typically slow and boring at the start but people probably have day actions so someone use their day action and kick off this game. lets generate information go go go go

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

ThirdEmperor posted:

'but it was a joooooke vote!'

Yeah, uh, no. The timing and the awkwardness of it, make me think you're scum and were trying to build momentum on Yuming under the pretense of a joke.

I just. How would that ever work? Why would I think that would ever work?

Rascyc posted:

or else ... ?

Seriously what's up your dick?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Philip J. Fry posted:

I just. How would that ever work? Why would I think that would ever work?

hi scum

##vote philip j. fry

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's too early to make that kind of analysis on yuming. She's known to flake out a bit regardless of alignment, but given time it'll become apparent if she is scum or not.

So it means nothing to you that she's demanding others post stuff while she isn't, and that twice she's talked about how much she wants to find scum instead of actually trying to find scum?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
here let me just toss random pot shots everywhere that are not contributing anything

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME

Rascyc posted:

or else ... ?

Why would you not?

Seriously, why would you not give a read, in a game based entirely on reading people? Why are you actively against participating?

And Fry, it's a thing and it gets done. Scum plant a 'jokey' vote on someone who looks like they might gather suspicion as the day goes on, so they can be early on the bandwagon without having to contribute more than 'oh, well, I was joking, but then it was a good case so I stayed.'

PS- Capps knows

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The Science of Suck posted:

So it means nothing to you that she's demanding others post stuff while she isn't, and that twice she's talked about how much she wants to find scum instead of actually trying to find scum?

Not really, it will in a day or so if she doesn't put in the effort.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We should kill yuming because she's not posting like town yuming :fyadride:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Philip J. Fry posted:

Such aggression!!!!!1

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME
So, Rascyc, no comment on my stance regarding you and actually contributing some words of merit?

No intent at all to participate in this game as a townie?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ThirdEmperor posted:

Why would you not?

Seriously, why would you not give a read, in a game based entirely on reading people? Why are you actively against participating?

And Fry, it's a thing and it gets done. Scum plant a 'jokey' vote on someone who looks like they might gather suspicion as the day goes on, so they can be early on the bandwagon without having to contribute more than 'oh, well, I was joking, but then it was a good case so I stayed.'

PS- Capps knows
I've already offered up my reads/contribution. I'll vote cpig for his dumb VT claim (or whatever it was). I'm not going to vote a lurker because it's boring and pointless, and I wish we wouldn't spend the time debating it because it's a null tell in every universe because it's the easiest thing to hide behind as scum.

I'll basically add that I'd vote you or 3E at this point for basically fake'ish anger. I have a hard time believing either of you are genuinely getting that worked up over a larger game on d1. However I doubt both of you could be scum and playing the same game, so it's probably only one of you. The odds!!!!!1

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
mafia edit: you or fry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

• Locked thread