Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This sounds like it'll be a good time, count me in. No bastard role though :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##confirm

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

tearshed posted:

Hi. I'm town.

This but about me instead

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I laughed at this way more than I should have

Philip J. Fry posted:

I have decided to make it my duty to first vote you in every game we're in together from now on. Consider it my way of welcoming you into this wonderful community of (something) awful people.

I have a friend!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Catching up on the day and I have to say I'm amazed at how many people disliked season 4 of AD. Next you're going to try to tell me It's Always Sunny is a bad show. Actually, is there anyone around that dislikes both of those?

As far as other ASCII suggestions I think Nethack is a pretty well known one that could be turned into mafia.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This won't count as "easily" but it's not particularly difficult either. They could open a tab for everyone from the OP and start eyeballing from there. It's pretty easy to tell who to eliminate when you see your scroll bar is very small compared to the others. Should help to get rid of half of the people or so. From there it's counting a handful a posts for a few people which won't take too terribly long if that's what Somberbrero really wants to do. Just need to have a cut off probably half an hour before the deadline and then run through it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

Cool. The way he responded to my suggestion felt kinda weird, but he's not wrong and I am still 100% down to lurker-lynch if nothing happens here.

Yeah, I'm new. I found the post count thing was broken in another game when I was going to make a point about how many posts people had made so I did somethin like what I suggested. I could be down for a lurker lynch so I was just giving you a way to do it if you were semi-serious about "lynch lowest postcount". Lot easier than having a sheet of paper and tallying by name to me, anyway, but I tend to come up with complex solutions to simple problems.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

chaoslord, thank you for explaining. Now that we have that out of the way, who is the scum?

I dont know. I'm still trying to figure out how to get anything out of D1. I know you are leaning Fry as scum, for instance, but I'm just not seeing anything there. The only thing that really caught me as strange is Rascyc for actively voting "No lynch" instead of just not voting, but that hardly seems like the worst placed vote on a day where at least one person was voted because they didn't like AD season 4. Although, season 4 owns and so anyone who dislikes it probably is scum (or at least 3p).

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jefepato posted:

Is chaoslord still with us? It looks like he hasn't posted in like 5 days.

I am. Apologies, between a lot going on at work and planning my fathers memorial service I haven't had a lot of time. Or more correctly didnt quite feel up to it. I kept up with another game since its been a lot slower but every time I've seen this in my control panel with so many new posts I just felt too daunted by trying to catch up with everything else going on. I just skimmed what I missed and I'm not sure what to think right now, not with it enough to pick up on much, so I'll wake up early tomorrow and try to have something. I really should have posted about all that sooner but I just never did. Sorry again everyone.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I think Hurt is more scummy than jefe, personally, but I'm super late to the party and it looks like the momentum for Hurt is gone. Gonna vote jefe to avoid no lynch (and I do think he has potential to be scum, but being a really new player myself I could see myself as town having made some posts like that because he's new). That said, this post still rubs me the wrong way.

Dr. Hurt posted:

The reason why I am shifty on C-Pig is that I too am a humble miner. I do not trust multiple vanilla miners in this semi-role madness world.

Out of 21 players I reckon that there could be 3 or 4 vanilla miners easy. But if his argument is basically "there can only be one vanilla miner" then I'm wagering that Hurt is not it. But pretty recently that has become the minority opinion.

##vote Jefepato

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So then Hal, Grandi, and Science of Suck are claiming noble in varying degrees. Hal claims that meds was saying he is 3p, so we know at a minimum he isn't town. Grandi is self claimed. And we saw Science do his thing so he's more confirmed than claimed.

That leaves 11 of us as who knows what and only one scum dead. I'm guessing the best thing to do is lay off Hal then for now because while lynching 3p can be cool and good we need to keep pace with scum unless you believe Meds meant "scum" instead of "noble" with "OTHER aligned".

Hal why did you think you were the responsible for the dead talking yesterday at first?

preview edit: yall covered most of this between me having to stop typing to talk to my boss and double check some things but I want to post so that I don't disappear for five days again.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

yep still feel best about ac.

Remind me of your case on ac?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

I don't really have one, I just feel better about everyone else besides him. Part of it is lack of activity, but what little content he has isn't great either. The 'readlist' he posted only calls Fry scum and opts out of opinions on most of the other players.

Fair enough, I just didn't remember one and thought I had missed it so I wanted to check and find out.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

apostateCourier posted:

The head injury didn't help anything either. I fully intend to play, and this lurker call-out is starting to get annoying. chaoslord is also post-deficient, if that's what you're basing your case on, and more egregiously so. Granted, he also has a drat good reason for not posting so drop the lurker angle please.

I find MEDS' call-out of Hal interesting. Not sure what else, but it's interesting, and "OTHER" aligned isn't quite the slam dunk case MEDS seems to think it was, but it's still something to think about.

Yeah. Family stuff + newbie means I am very post shy. But that's not the point! I agree about the call out of Hal being interesting. Like, great, we know there is another noble and with all the nobles in the game so far that narrows the pool of potential scum down to like 8 players. That's good to know.

The part that gets me with Meds is what comes after calling Hal out as OTHER. Meds says "Go for it, lynch someone other than the vampire. Go ahead. I'll just wait here being dead and not brewing drink". Then when it becomes clear that we aren't going to lynch Hal, both Hurt and Meds basically say "we are dead forever now". Also, Hal claims to have borrowed a shovel but it looks like Meds is claiming he is vampire.

Hal, why would Meds think you are a vampire?

Taste, can you shed some more light on the situation since you're a spirit now?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal, why did Meds think you were the vampire?

Also, causes of deaths in case anyone is good at patterns in case flavor might be helpful.

Hanged until dead: ThirdEmperor (3p), Jefepato (scum), Tremendous Taste (town).

Drained of all blood: MEDS CURES SCHIZOS (???), Rascyc (town).

Furniture: Dr Hurt (town).

No reports: Big Nothing (???).

Two towns and a ??? have been spirits. One town, one 3p, one scum, and one ??? were not.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh maybe not... When did BN get killed again?

BN was the night 3 kill. Hanged until dead has been lynch, furniture was the Vig, and Drained of all blood/??? was night kill. I'm just trying to figure out who comes back as a spirit. It's not all lynched because only one of those did. It's not all town because Rascyc didn't come back.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Poison Mushroom posted:

[*] Any other alignment will have self-aligned win conditions. None will prematurely end the game, however.

Per MEDS calling Hal other instead of noble, general reminder that this exists. Hal has told us he is a flavorcop and that it's a bastard role. I don't like that in a non-town player.

##vote Hal Incandenza probably not scum, probably not noble, definitely not town

preview edit: also what Science said right above me

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Philip J. Fry posted:

This is a dumb lynch. I gave posting about stopping this higher priority than posting about my early suspicions just in case y'all decide to turbo him while I'm watching chris pratt be a fuckin badass tonight.

Serious, the gently caress guys.

##unvote

I like you Fry so I'll back off so you have a chance to build a case. If I don't have a compelling scum to vote for, though, I'll be back on Hal. We have no idea what his win condition is and I'd much rather get rid of Hal and be sure to eliminate someone who is a possible threat to town as opposed to lynching someone I'm not sold on (which is where I am right now: not sold on a scum).

Lynch priority is scum > hal > 3p and I don't like anyone enough as scum to put a vote down yet. There is a lot of time though so I'll take my vote away, no need to rush.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kumbamontu posted:

have we talked about this yet? i want to talk about this. why would you not want town players to speak post-mortem

Also this sparked my interest a lot. Very interested to learn more.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

tearshed posted:

Lynching Hal this game is a very bad idea. He is confirmed not-a-threat.

Wouldn't his blocking of Grandi mean he could potentially block town powers which means he is a threat?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Or am I misremembering how the whole "Borrowed a shovel" thing actually works?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

tearshed posted:

Technically, but it's no different to a town roleblocker. He could roleblock scum too. Regardless, he isn't a threat to town, and a very bad lynch.

Oh, durr. Good point.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Science of Suck posted:

There's no evidence of an alignment called "other"

OP mentions that there might be "Any other alignment". While this isn't necessarily proof that there IS an other, I would bet that if Hal isn't fakeclaiming that he is an Other.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Well I meant about his role specifically as Manager. Science was saying (if I read the post right) that he thought the "other" meant "other than Meds" while I'm saying "It means other alignment"

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Honestly, I still like Hal (let me finish before you flip out on me!) because I don't know what to think between Somber/AC. Without a strong preference on a scum vote I'd rather get rid of the flavorcop/flavorblocker/whatever you want to call him. That said, I know that's sub-optimal so I'm rereading now to see if I find anything that will push me one way or the other because I'd rather find a scum than get rid of a 3p. Got my little spreadsheet up and everything.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

Alright, well I'm the odd night doctor. Ghosts from Grandi's bullshit caused my action to fail. I targeted yuming night zero.

Somber, did you mean the bold?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote apostateCourier I think AC is scum, having reread. That said I'll absolutely jump to Hal at 10 til or so if it means avoiding a no lynch.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Juanito posted:

33 minutes left and Hal is -3

He's effectively -2 because of the movement of the hammerer right? Or did I misunderstand how the Mayor/Hammerer thing goes?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grandicap posted:

Also, only dwarves can be ghosts so I am confused by my role.
If ghosts can talk the next day, and are town aligned because they are dwarves, why would I ever make someone not a ghost.

I am an undertaker, I get to bury all people killed at the end of the night if I want to and they are dwarves. I was roleblocked N2 which is why we had ghosts last night.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Jefepato, Invader-aligned Carp (Ninja) has been killed!

These two things (Only dwarves can be ghosts, Scum are not dwarfs) would confirm BN as town wouldn't they? Or are the nobles also dwarfs?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Philip J. Fry posted:

Soooooooo

##vote Somber?

Like I said with Hal, I'm 100% down to lynch Somber if we can't come up with a scum candidate. I made my post to make sure I wasn't mistaking anything and it looks like we have ourselves another confirmed 3p so that's cool + good.

That said, we have two full days til deadline. I'm new to mafia but I'd guess that in a game this big five scum would be reasonable wouldn't it? If so, two non-scum lynches and we lose (-2 players to lynch, -2 to NK, leaves 8 with 4 scum left), so after Somber we'd have to be perfect. Unless it's a four person scum team in which case we have room for a third go.

preview edit: unless your point about "all threats to town" covers 3p in which case Somber has to go whether now or later. That makes sense. Gonna make me a snack and think it over.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm ok with the hammer, sounded like chaoslord wants more time though and opoponax seems to have doubts

Yeah, I'd rather not turbo Somber. I don't see why BN would lie since it seems, per Grandi, that BN would have to be town but I guess it's a possibility. Whether Somber is 3p or BN lie + town (or, I guess it's possible for BN to lie + Somber be scum as well) I'm not sure. With 2 full days until deadline there's no reason to rush when the next day could be MYLO if we lynch non scum today. With that said, if we assume a rush to lynch benefits scum, once we remove capps noble double vote and bowmore probably being town due to the vig, does that leave a Juanito/AC/Cpig scum team? I doubt scum would be that obvious about it but if a turbo presents itself like this it was a good chance to take because the day could have ended very quickly without much argument.

Basically I'd like more time to read, think things over, etc, before we hammer a (most likely) non-scum. We are getting pretty far along in the game and while we may need to eliminate certain 3p before it's all over, I'd much rather we focus our energies on trying to find a scum to lynch.

Eh, I'm tripping over my own thoughts back and forth. Don't know how much of this post will make sense. Gonna wind down for bed. Might still be around but I don't know if I'll have much of substance to add tonight.

Comedy option, BN was a dwarf (so grandi had option to bury or not) 3p who had a wincon revolving around getting rid of the hammerer and somber is that lynchbomb capps has been worried about

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

That would require there to have been a six scum team right?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Think yumming/bowmore would be town due to vig

Also think with capps x2 on somber that scum would have hammered if we were actually in lylo. Think there are three, possibly four scum left so a mislynch probably puts us in lylo.

Come to think of it, maybe non-Somber lynch isnt such a bad idea. Somber is probably 3p, and non-scum + nk takes us to 10 alive with 3/4 scum remaining. If it's 4, we have to be perfect the rest of the way. Rather than lynch confirmed non-scum (if we believe BN) wouldn't it make sense to go poke elsewhere to see what we turn up? Or am I just talking crazy?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

tearshed posted:

Max scumteam size would be 4.

Game started with 21 players, 5 scum would be the golden ratio (3 non-scum:1 scum), but there are nobles and third parties. There is no evidence of an SK, and an SK is the only role that would balance a scumteam size of 5.

Well this shoots down my whole last post then, disregard.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Awful app sucks for playing this, but from what I can tell the hammerer fulfilling the mandate might mean that the nks that night aren't janitored?

Could someone doublecheck pretty please?

So far this is true. Mandate was fulfilled day 2 and day 4 and those NK's were not janitored.

Also interesting was that there was a twilight phase for day 1 and hasn't been since (or at least it hasn't been mentioned). OP says those actions can be preloaded though so that might be meaningless.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somber has been sitting at -1 for a good long while now. If he wasn't scum, he would have been hammered by now, surely. UNLESS!!!! It's a four person scum team.

What I'm saying is either Somber is scum, which is unlikely due to both his personal claim and BN's claim, or I am starting to think AC/Cpig/Juanito/Jefepato is the scum team. Follow along for a second.

Twelve players left. We know that Grandi, Science, and Capps are noble. Lets take Somber out of the equation due to 3p/town. That leaves us with 8. From there, bowmore vigged, so probably town. 7. I'm going to (obviously) say I'm town, so 6. Tearshed has been defending Somber so hard against a lynch that I really doubt he's scum, so 5. Fry could have left his vote on Somber (which would have caused a hammer) but chose to move it. 4.

That leaves Cpig, Juanito, and AC, all who are currently sitting on the Somber vote, and Opop, who could have hammered this morning but didn't.

If we trust that BN is town since he is a ghost, we can trust his non-scum result on Somber I reckon. That means if we want to lynch Somber, cool beans because he's 3p, but it's so very likely that Somber is not scum that, in my opinion, you can pretty much say for sure that it will push the game toward a scum victory since we will be down to 10 after the NK with only 1 scum dead still.

All that said, I'd rather take a shot at it and possibly get a scum, so I'm going to ##vote Juanito and hope for the best.

Of course I could be way off base and it could be jefe/somber/tearshed but that doesn't feel right to me. I feel a lot more comfortable with what I laid out here.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm betting Somber is non-scum. Whether he is town or not, who knows. The only reason he hasn't hammered, though, is either a) hammering would then put the entire scum team on the vote or b) they are already all there. If there were three scum remaining and there was only one scum vote on there, it'd be a no brainer to hammer at that point, wouldn't it? You'd still have one who could play "well I didn't lynch Somber".

It's possible it's Opop + 2/3 of you/AC/Cpig but what my gut is telling me is that a turbo started to build very quickly and it seemed a given that the 7 votes would get Somber hammered so fast (in fact, it was there, but Fry unvoted), which would have ended the day. We have two claims on Somber, neither of which are scum, so that would have put it at 11 players left plus scum team still only down 1. After the night kill it would be 10 left with probably 3 scum still and town would have had all of what, a couple of hours to get any discussion in since the day had opened meaning the choices for any remaining night action would have been suboptimal.

Even if everything I've said here is wrong, at the end of the day there's no reason to go after someone who has two non-scum claim reads on them. We need to find someone who is scum because unless it's a two person scum team we need to get some traction elsewhere. Killing 3p is fun and all but won't win us the game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

It's very possible I'm not making the most sense. Had a long day of moving furniture and otherwise being out in the heat all day and so I'm pretty exhausted all around. I'll try to collect my thoughts and make another pass at it later or something.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I still think Somber is 3p due to the result being "other" like when Hal was self aligned. If that thought is wrong then the whole way I'm looking at this is wrong.

All that leaves me with four scum candidates: AC, CPig, Juanito, and tearshed. I don't have a particular preference on any of them, tbh, but everyone else in the game as far as I can tell is either 3p or town and with 12 alive, I'd rather take a shot at someone who has a chance at being scum. This, admittedly, is not enough of a case to sway anyone since it's a complete gut + numbers case, but it's how I feel. We're on a short leash.

Of course then when someone finally does hammer Somber if flips scum we can all point at me and laugh for being an idiot and taking the claim too literally.

In about half an hour I'm gonna go meet the AT&T man to have internet put in at the new house so I'll try to keep up on phone, but the Windows Awful app has been actin weird lately for me so no guarantees I'll be back until a couple of hours from deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hey remember how lynching Somber was a bad move? The one positive is that now we know we don't have to "Fulfill the Mandate" to get flips. Also I'm guessing that more or less confirms the invertor or whatever Somber was talking about is the Bastard role.

Science and Capps are confirmed 3p. I think Grandi was by Hal, although I guess there could be question marks about that if all Hal had was "Grandi had a shovel". I'm fine with him not as scum though. Bowmore vigged. Opop is a confirmed Mason. Fry claimed bulletproof day 1.

That leaves AC/Cpig/Juanito. It's possible that Grandi or Fry could be in there somewhere, but we have four people in "confirmed not scum" so lets not rush and get this right.

All that said, Grandi why did you bury Somber?

• Locked thread