Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Dorf Fort is cool and mafia is okay, I will play this game. I am probably down for a bastard role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##confirm

I'm traveling back home tomorrow, will post some tomorrow night. In the meantime, who brought the seeds? Gotta get that farm started!

Wait, seriously. Seriously? No one brought any seeds? Damnit, now we have to loving fish! I don't even know how fishing works in this game because it's stupid.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I have been burned by so many post AD projects. Why do you keep doing the things you do, Jason Bateman? I didn't even finish season 4.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

OitNB's good, although S2 is a bit weaker. And I liked Derek a lot.

##vote Opopanax that's the most wrong post I ever saw.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I dunno, that's at least 25% correct.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

yuming posted:

I wanna kill a scum!!!

Your confirmation post was weird and I didn't care for it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ThirdEmperor posted:

I'm bored and have nothing better to do than Netflix.

People who like OistNB, if the first three episodes just didn't click for me, should I keep watching? Does it 'get better'?

Yeah, I dropped out after those first few episodes and only got back into it because my girlfriend kept watching and I saw it got better.

yuming and cp why the gently caress are you giving out role information?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

Because why not? I don't really care if people know I don't have a role.

Well you should care because that gives away one of the few mechanical advantages inherent in being town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

Hah you guys are so easy

Hahaha oh man you got us good :jerkbag:

yuming posted:

Let's talk more about why then!

I meant what I said-- I was hoping I would get a stupid role so I could be all like whatever but instead THE OPPOSITE.

man I don't think I actually need to say anything here.

I remember I used to be able to read Fry pretty well and I don't have a good gut feeling towards him. His response to Hal's confirmation post was awkward and a little bit needlessly defensive(going back to read context now). ##unvote ##vote Philip J. Fry

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Philip J. Fry posted:

Do you remember me failing at being funny :smith:

haha, no way man. You were one of my favorite posters.

Rereading that brief exchange, I stand by my assessment.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Philip J. Fry posted:

That's funny cause mine says you're the scum

Hal, Fry, Meds, Shoot!

the ecstasy of adamantine

so hey the deadline is tomorrow night.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Right now I am going to vote whoever has the lowest postcount at the end of the day.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Philip J. Fry posted:

We have like 36 hours. I don't get why this is relevant.

I guess we could always lynch based on who has the worst opinions about TV.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ThirdEmperor posted:

Please no.

In all seriousness, I'm feeling iffy about Fry. I'd be pushing harder if I'd played with him before and knew this wasn't just his meta.

I have played with him many times before and I am getting bad vibes.

ras why would we no lynch?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Science of Suck posted:

Please explain the meta/vibes on Fry

I already did. I found his response to Hal awkward. He smells scummy and I feel like I can read Fry pretty well based on a couple games in the past. That's all.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If I had to go on someone other than Fry it would be CP. I didn't like the tone of his response at all, and while claiming VT as town is actively harmful to the town, claiming it as scum could maybe be useful(i think? will have to consider as i am not very smart). I got the sense that he was trying to back away from the discussion as quick as possible with the "haha just playing you nerds" bit and then only posting white noise. Most of the thread is white noise at this point though.

Is chaoslord new?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ThirdEmperor posted:

Are you new? Cause that seems like standard CP to me - When there's more material in the thread, if he's still quiet, then I'll be suspicious.

I regularly used mafia as a substitute for healthy social interaction a couple years ago, if I played with CP in that time I do not remember them.

Juanito posted:

I've never seen chaoslord before. Looks like this is one of his first 2 games.

Cool. The way he responded to my suggestion felt kinda weird, but he's not wrong and I am still 100% down to lurker-lynch if nothing happens here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Science of Suck posted:

Serious vote btw

"Hey guys post stuff while I don't post stuff and instead try to look like I'm scum hunting"

There isn't a ton of content and I would think scum wouldn't talk about how they got an awesome role.

It is odd yuming hasn't posted since that though, you're right.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

Hello I am the Vampire Noble wait why am i in a room with no door oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I know I am inviting a diarrhetic torrent of abuse, but I don't like capps talking about being noble-aligned. I get that it is a joke, but it is a weird thing to joke about.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

also in my experience the odds are much higher we no lynch as opposed to lynching a lurker d1 so good luck I guess

Maybe mafia theory has Evolved but that seems dumb. What do you do day two? The lynch is one of those few things the town controls.

chaoslord, thank you for explaining. Now that we have that out of the way, who is the scum?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

its a weird thing to joke about noble vampires in a game with noble vampire this just in

I thought about it a lot and I'm not sure that it isn't. Are you noble-aligned?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Tomorrow at ten pm EST.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

Nope. Why are you scared of this Noble aligned boogie man, whatever it is will become apparent later we should focus on finding those who are scum and.

because it is most likely that we will lynch town today so if I can lynch someone that Isn't On My Team instead that's pretty cool. smash the aristocracy one dorf one vote etc.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am unconvinced and will not vote the Third Emperor.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

tearshed posted:

When you get a vampire immigrant, you need to lock them up otherwise they do bad things to the rest of your dwarves. Vampires don't need food/alcohol unlike regular dwarves. Capps is making reference to this.

Yeah I know as much from the dorf I've played, but once you lock down a vampire you immediately turn them into your record keeper/accountant. At the time I thought it was a little odd capps would say 'noble' rather than 'accountant' but I think that was my own weirdness and I decided capps is town.

I dunno about the science of suck votes. I mean

this is utter garbage.

Can someone explain it to me in dort forf?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

tearshed posted:

I'm not 100% sure, but fairly certain that only nobles can be vampires. Hence vampire nobles.

Yeah, record keeping was a noble position from what I recall, I was being dumb but it seemed important at the time.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I reread fry's posts and I think my sudden reservations are only out of genuine empathy and a desire to not kill one of the few familiar faces here :( Can't back down on this one, I'm leaving my vote on fry. I don't think lynching sos makes sense but I would be willing to switch to CP.

something is going on in the role discussion but i'm going to ignore it for now as it is probably just a stupid distraction.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

Umm, it's a vote for fry?

Maybe the context was confusing. I was saying that spec seemed pretty well motivated to condemn you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##unvote
## vote Dr. Hurt

His vote on SoS was bad and framed as a joke which makes me immediately suspicious.

I'm having a lot of trouble with this Fry thing, I still don't feel great about him. I do think he would be playing it a lot cooler if he were scrum though.

actually what the gently caress with dr. hurt though, why was he still throwing down joke votes less than a day from the deadline?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

imo it's only organic if the 'frustration' part can be believed and I don't really see a post of his where he was getting frustrated as opposed to his mad post directed at me earlier

it's not really a big leap to assume someone is frustrated if they're a useful power role and they're the vote leader though.

fry claiming when he did does make a fair amount of Sense. it gave us enough time to push for a real lynch rather than frantically flipping votes and rallying an hour from deadline. he probably would have been forced to claim anyway. obviously the ideal situation would have been for fry fight harder, but i get it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kumbamontu posted:

because it's day 1

yeah but there's content in this game now and Not Trying on day one has never ever been a useful thing. if you aren't bothering to even comment or work off of one of the several distinct arguments being made, why do you want to play mafia? seriously the bar for entry here is pretty low, just quote someone else and vote for whom they vote for if nothing else.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kumbamontu posted:

being useless != being scum

okay, but putting down a vote on an actual bandwagon that was gaining momentum and framing it as a joke is scummy. dr. hurt took the vote off once it lost steam.

Would also vote Jefepato because all they've down is speculate on the true nature of nobles.

Usefulness is probably a poor way to frame this, but when you're avoiding putting forth any real opinions when there is plenty of stuff to chime in about, i have to wonder why.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dr. Hurt posted:

He says, blatantly disregarding my thoughts on the "Fry is a ding dong" situation. Also you are advocating lazy mafia play, therefor you are a huge idiot. Have a great day, may you find many shiny rocks!

Just so I'm clear, this is the content you're referencing?

Dr. Hurt posted:

I dunno it reads pretty organically stupid to me. Reads the role PM too quickly, gets excited and then worried that his precious get out of lynch free card is going to be wasted day 1. Still doesn't mean I'm not laughing at him.

Wow I am so glad we have Dr. Hurt here to tell us what is up, thanks for all your assistance.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dr. Hurt posted:

Thank god you are here to explain to me why I do all my actions. I was looking at my joke like "jeez why did I do this" but now Professor X of the gnomes is here to peer inside my head and tell everyone exactly what I was thinking.

Suggesting the reasoning behind another person's posts is mafia.

Dr. Hurt posted:

HE HASN'T SAID ANYTHING ON ANY CASE!!!!!! Wait, he's said something? WELL IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!
"said something" is only correct in the technical sense.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I reread 3E and I'm not voting for them. I would vote Dr. Hurt, CP, or Jefepato.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kumbamontu posted:

3E's vote on Fry was poor imo and his calling out of Big Nothing for being Big Nothing was silly, especially considering later on he defended CPig for being CPig. then he keeps asking loading questions about nobles and states he will continue to vote SoS because he is "certain of it" (it being that SoS is a noble). who gives a gently caress, kill scum

I guess I just disagree with most of this although I think I understand the perspective. I think the vote on Fry was fine, and I don't really get the meta arguments. I don't like the SoS votes generally speaking, but 3E had mentioned SoS very early on and I'm not 100% sure he's wrong on the 'kill all nobles' thing, although I realize it is stupid to worry about nobles right now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Philip J. Fry posted:

I'm getting slammed at work right now so I won't be able to post too much.

I'd be fine with 3e but I think hal is still paying a poor rear end game and getting by on doing nothing.

Somber wouldn't a jefe Lynch just be a lurker lynch? Why him over other let jeers in the game?

Jefe reads as nervous newbie scum to me. That he's only posted noble speculation is weird. Would probably give us the least amount of information moving forward either way but a scum is a scum and I feel pretty good about that call.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kumbamontu posted:

The meta argument doesn't have anything to do with either player's specific meta. The point I'm getting to is he called out BN for just being BN, but when CPig is just being CPig, he readily admits that that's what's happening and it's fine. It doesn't make sense to treat them differently, unless he has more information than we do (because he's scum)

Have 3E and BN often played together before?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am a master of reading comprehension. Sorry folks.

##unvote
##vote 3E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you know what would be worse than day one sucking is day two also sucking because we didn't slay anyone.

• Locked thread