Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Dorf Fort is always good. Signup post.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Get more people playing this game! I forgot where/how, but a graphics mod link would be neat too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Opopanax posted:

Goddamn tearshed get an avatar already.
I can't make up my mind! Yes I should have one for how much mafia I play.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Hi. I'm town.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Grandicap posted:

I'm pretty sure it has something do do with the millers had to grind stuff into flour in the wee hours of the night and thus were out and about during the time when only ne'er-do-wells roamed, and therefore were also up to no good, but they only wanted to make sure that the flour was ready for the bakers to bake bread for the people. All they do, they do for the town!
This is also what I thought.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Big Nothing posted:

:puckout:

Whatever happened to the always lynch millers Day1 Meta? People realized it was stupid?
What are your thoughts on always vig BN Day1 Meta?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

chaoslord posted:

Catching up on the day and I have to say I'm amazed at how many people disliked season 4 of AD. Next you're going to try to tell me It's Always Sunny is a bad show. Actually, is there anyone around that dislikes both of those?

As far as other ASCII suggestions I think Nethack is a pretty well known one that could be turned into mafia.
All TV shows are terrible.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##vote SoS

Also hal

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Somberbrero posted:

I know I am inviting a diarrhetic torrent of abuse, but I don't like capps talking about being noble-aligned. I get that it is a joke, but it is a weird thing to joke about.
When you get a vampire immigrant, you need to lock them up otherwise they do bad things to the rest of your dwarves. Vampires don't need food/alcohol unlike regular dwarves. Capps is making reference to this.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah I know as much from the dorf I've played, but once you lock down a vampire you immediately turn them into your record keeper/accountant. At the time I thought it was a little odd capps would say 'noble' rather than 'accountant' but I think that was my own weirdness and I decided capps is town.
I'm not 100% sure, but fairly certain that only nobles can be vampires. Hence vampire nobles.

ninja edit; guess not http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Vampire

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Don't really like the yuming vote, general awkwardness, mayor thing was dumb/anti-town.

Wasn't a bandwagon vote either, I don't know how many votes you have. Now I wish I could vote you again.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

The Science of Suck posted:

What don't you like about the yuming vote? What is awkward? How is the mayor thing dumb/anti-town?

Is this all the effort you can put into getting me lynched? Did you use all your posting points on those useless flavor posts on deadline day?

Here is the scum, i found it
Yuming vote was too easy, she does the same thing every game. Awkward tone from posts, but this isn't a strong point. Mayor thing was dumb+anti-town because you just made two players hated. The act of being hated doesn't really have an effect but there was certainly nothing pro-town about it.

I don't want you dead, I just put my vote where my heart was at the time.

I like Fry for the BP thing, town.

Hal is likely scum. Juanito too??

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Goddang vampires, I tell you what.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

mr.capps posted:

what if dracula is a third party who as long as they live there is no flip

that would be horrible WHY DID YOU COME UP WITH SUCH A TERRIBLE ROLE POISON MUSHROOM
I think a role that janitors flips is the 'bastard role'. But not as complicated as you laid out.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

CapitalistPig posted:

I think you are all missing the point, capps is a scum.
Unlikely.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
We could always lynch hal today. I'm not feeling anyone else right now.

##vote Hal

Opop is probably town. I'm thinking Grandi is legit. Oh yeah and rascyc is a good guy too.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Opopanax posted:

Could you guys do your loving work out loud once in a while?

"He's town."
"He's scum"
"He made a slip"

Quote some loving stuff, how did Hurt slip?
Can you quote the actual lines you are unhappy with. Like... I have no idea if you are referring to me here but if you are unhappy with anything I've posted lemme know.

Juanito posted:

Ya, I'm okay voting Dr. Hurt.

I think he tried to grab town cred with 3E's lynch.

Jefe reads like how I'd expect Ecco to post in his first games. Awkward noob. Feels like an easy target.
Juanito is not very good at being scum. I don't like this post at all.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

votefinder posted:

The Science of Suck is permanently Hated!
This reminds me. I don't think SoS is a badguy. What sort of badguy role makes another player hated at the expense of you being hated? It's public knowledge so the town can work around it. It feels more like a town-vig type role, where if a player is near-lynched, this 'mayor' role can finish them off with what is practically a double vote.

And also, badguys don't use their day abilities un-optimally like SoS did earlier.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I don't think scumbrero would have gone to all the effort to make a giant case and funny gif on someone that ended up dying that night. Faking that sort of content is too much for me to handle.

What's the worse thing that somberbrero has done so far? I can see he is a bit awkward re: "yes, I faked content/case on a person"... other than that? Dunno.

I just checked OP and somber only has 2 votes on him so he can't be all that awful.

I understand where the votes on Jefe are coming from, he is also awkward (hammer, some other posts pinged me earlier).

Dr.Hurt is the vote leader, let's discuss? Nothing has stood out to me on Dr.Hurt like "wow that was a really bad post". Since I don't have a town read on any of the people voting Dr.Hurt, I'm not liking what's going on.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Somberbrero posted:

Hey, I'm voting Doctor Hurt.

The way he overreacts and brushes me off is suspicious, I feel like his vote on Jefe is opportunistic.
3/4 :v:

I'll reread Dr.Hurt I guess.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##vote Hal

Why y'all voting TT besides his retard vote on the dead Dr.Hurt. The town read on jefe because he went nowhere (ninja) makes sense to me.

TT, what about grandicap made him your #1 choice to track last night?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Meds said I was Other aligned which is true. I'm a noble.
Uh no lol.

Poison Mushroom posted:

[*] Dwarves win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
[*] Nobles claim to be aligned with Town, but who knows what they're actually up to?
[*] Scum wins when they comprise at least 50% of the population, and no other groups who could control their dominance remain.
[*] Any other alignment will have self-aligned win conditions. None will prematurely end the game, however.

Poison Mushroom posted:

[*]ThirdEmperor, Dead, Noble-Aligned Jailor

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Also, Hal is totally OTHER aligned. I found this out before I was drained of all blood.
"Noble" and "Other" are two completely separate alignments. But I'm still not going to advocate your lynch because I support third parties, and with 1 kill per night, you aren't an SK. You also aren't a noble.

##vote Juanito

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

apostateCourier posted:

I have actual opinions down, you are cherry picking out areas where I'm not sure what to think.

Capps confuses me, but a double vote is probably a town thing and capps confusing me isn't new. Town.

I really don't like tearshed's defense of Fry, I'm convinced that Fry isn't dumb enough to not know what BP is. I also don't like his defense of TT- it looks like scum trying to build town cred by defending someone he knows isn't scum- right before the end of the day, too. Would definitely vote today.
"tearshed is the only one who can see through the bullshit lynch on TT, he must be scum"

##vote apostateCourier Capps/Juanito/AC scumteam.

Juanito posted:

I'm fine voting Hal. He's said he's a noble and I don't have any reason to believe nobles come in peace.
This is also really stupid. Did you not see what happened D1? Don't lynch nobles. Lynch priority: Scum > 3p > Noble > Town.
People who try to go after 3p/nobles and don't scumhunt really set off my gut for scum.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

mr.capps posted:

tear you i don't know if you realized this, i have, but see the thing is its really obvious you are scum when you post

my tip would focus more on shorter posts so you know you have a lower chance to incriminate yourself, your explanations is just giving everyone more evidence and not covering your rear end as you think. just edit the posts down and kinda float through the game, it will work out.
My condolences that you can't find a townie to mislynch today.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
People being allowed to talk after death is a Very Good Thing. Please do not bury the dwarves.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
What are your thoughts on AC. And Juanito, please.

I don't think you are scum anymore but you are most likely a noble. You did claim hammerer right? And also you made this post:

mr.capps posted:

At this point I think they're a red herring. Consider the Mayor is publicly outed, the Hammerer is also publicly announced but you know not reveal like a normal hammerer. They all have actions that could be potentially harmful to the town if used wrong, the mayor makes himself and another hated, the hamerer you know hamers, and the jailer jails.
Which basically states that hammerer = noble.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

mr.capps posted:

holy loving poo poo sherlock holmes here
Why don't you say something earlier then? "Hey tearshed you are an idiot because I was hinting pretty hard earlier that I was a noble but I never fully claimed it, but now I am". ??? Why be difficult.

mr.capps posted:

in a dark cold basement, hunch over in his chair, tearshed rapidly scans his monitor. "i got it" he mutters. rising from his seat he grabs a notecard off his desk, quickly scribbling the word "NOBLE" on it.

he moves towards his white board and sticks the note card on. he takes out his expo dry erase red marker, and draws a line from the NOBLE note-card to the HAMMERER one, then connecting the HAMMERER to the capps one. he moves back a few steps from the whiteboard.

"wait, it couldn't be"

he steps forward and draws a new red line, this time between the CAPPS and the NOBLE card.

extreme ways suddenly begins to play and tearshed rushes towards his coat rack and gets his trenchcoat on and puts on his sunglasses and gets in his red corvette and heads to the telegram office and sends a telegram and it says CAPPS NOBLE STOP and shouts the game is afoot watson and then he catches lupin, jack the ripper, and the zodiac killer all at once while during a crossword puzzle solving the 29. down which was something about miss marple books which only tearshed would get the refernece and then he played a game of clue with a chess champion and beat him because chess doesn't teach you deduction and then the CSI theme song began to play because he realize the chess champion was killed but he solved that mystery too because tearshed killed him the end
No wait this was worth it hahahaha

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I tracked Capps last night he's scum
Does it make sense that the scum could have a hammerer role. Do you think capps is claiming hammerer but is not actually the hammerer.

TT, help.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

mr.capps posted:

i stayed at my own monitor for a bit trying to come up with a good punchline to that setup and i just decided to say gently caress it and puke out a bunch of garbage
It's sort of how it happened. I was making food in the kitchen and it just clicked together and I sat down and posted right after that.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Please bear with me, I am not clever.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Grandi didn't get his blood sucked when I visited him. Tearshed didn't when I visited him last night. Meds did N1 but that wasn't me

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's not rolecop, it's flavorcop. Definitely not the same thing.

For example my other two targets both had a barrel of ale. Are they both brewers? I dunno!
I can confirm this is my flavour.

Hal is NOT a serial killer, NOT a vampire, he's just some third party manager butt.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Lynching Hal this game is a very bad idea. He is confirmed not-a-threat.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Hal:
Is "OTHER" aligned, therefore not scum.
Had his night action confirmed with Grandi, nothing bad happened.
Visited me last night and nothing happened to me.

???

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

chaoslord posted:

Wouldn't his blocking of Grandi mean he could potentially block town powers which means he is a threat?
Technically, but it's no different to a town roleblocker. He could roleblock scum too. Regardless, he isn't a threat to town, and a very bad lynch.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Juanito posted:

Not really?

How often do you see town roleblockers?
Town roleblockers have fallen out of popularity in SA Mafia meta, but he's confirmed third party so.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Juanito posted:

All I know is that he's confirmed not town.

The OP says there are town, scum, nobles, and also "any other alignment" with self-aligned win condition.

"Other" doesn't mean he's a noble..
I already said this. Pay attention.

There are 4 alignments this game. Town (dwarf), Scum (invader), Noble (noble), Third Party (other). Hal is OTHER. He has proven himself that he is not a threat to town by confirming his night action with both grandi and myself.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Also it just occurred to me that Hal isn't even a roleblocker. He visited MEDS on N1, but MEDS said he got a result on Hal N1. And I didn't get any messages about being roleblocked last night.

Hal truly is a flavourcop + some other thing (thief?). Whatever he is, it's not bad.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
100% somber is town and BN is lying because he is a shitlord.

Dont lynch yet.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
And that Hal lynch is hands down the worst lynch I've seen in mafia. It's like town doesn't want to win.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Hey BN what's your flavour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##vote Juanito

• Locked thread