Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

poo poo a poison mushroom game. I wanna be a dwarf but make me like 6 feet so I can dunk all the other dwarves into oblivion and then laugh at their stupid stumpy bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

ThirdEmperor posted:

Real life mafia games are almost always awful.

I think the worst I ever saw was one where the town didn't even get a day phase until the sheriff died. So it was ten minutes of sitting with their eyes closed as the scum and sheriff pointed at random people.

What kind of idiot mayor was running that game.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I want to be a dorf but only if I can teach people how to play golf.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

It's okay. There are undead dwarves in Dwarf Fortress. So I guess from the grave I can teach fishing too!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Give everyone bastard roles and then give one person a regular role.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hahaha look at that chump dying because she didn't properly prep her floodgate. Some dwarves just weren't meant to tunnel.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Also an anon vote. This game is off to a whizzbang start. Let's band together and blame it on the elves. Those guys are assholes.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Whoops here's some elephants. Whoops here's some more elephants. Who ordered all of these elephants????

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Rascyc posted:

i got this

it's like a reverse :henget:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Guys stop no you're breaking the votefinder robot.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

mr.capps posted:

lets kill everyone who actually hasn't played dwarf fortress

That's the opposite of real life where everyone who has played Dwarf Fortress wants to kill themselves.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Prometheus is good enough for what it is. The GBH felt a bit rushed to me, but it was nice. Arrested Development Season 4 feels like Arrested Development fan fiction though, sorry Capps.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Rascyc posted:

you didn't even do that on purpose really, that hardly counts

open the elephant cages tia

Ohhhhh nooooooo all my elephants!!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The great forums crash took away something near and dear to us.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I like the cut of this guys jib. He knows what's going on.

Also hammerer if you don't vote me next you are a dumb baby I dare you.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

hurt are you scum

note I was right las time despite your protests

Nope. I am totally towny. Can I trust you this game??

Big Nothing posted:

Capps who do i vote for

Yourself.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Good. Commence operation dig up shiny things and then vote out scum (DUST AT VOS). Secondary Objective: Get back my elephants.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Big Nothing posted:

##vote Dr Hurt

Lol look at this dunkass.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Philip J. Fry posted:

Dr. Hurt- Been around but no content.

Is this actually an alignment opinion on Rascyc? I'm guessing not since the picture in his post is gibberish to me.

I don't think you "get" Dwarf Fortress.

quote:

I'm assuming this is actually a serious vote but it came without any explanation or prior mention of Hurt. So why'd you do that B?

I just told him to vote himself. He votes me. Everyone laughs and goes home. Very funny.

Poison Mushroom posted:

All of you need to listen to me, because I'm the boss around here! Now make me thirty weapon racks of spiral opal!

:siren: The Science of Suck has revealed themself as the Mayor. :siren:

CapitalistPig is Hated until the end of Day 1. The Science of Suck is now permanently Hated.

DOWN WITH POLITICIANS! ##vote Science of Suck

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I am sure this mayor makes laws, but is he really making them for the good of the people? Or is this another dwarf oligarch who just spread a few shiny gems around to curry the public's favor. I for one am not going to leave that up to chance. What if he starts taxing elephants by the ear? What if he decides to open the lava gates and all my hard digging is for naught? Impeach Mayor Suck. It's the Dwarven thing to do.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

This sounds like you are backup Mayor or Assistant Mayor trying to grab power.

I am just a humble Dwarf. A dwarf can dig, or a dwarf is dead. It's not right for a dwarf to write things down and make laws. It's even worse for a dwarf to take laws away. Words are powerful, and erasing words to make new ones is basically a crime so kill all government officials.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The Science of Suck posted:

Who said i was a noble or knew anything about them?

BakaEmperor's line of thought was "Mayor is an important position. Important position = NOBLE!" which is dumb as hell.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Rascyc posted:

they wouldn't put me in charge of the lava lever if I were a noble

Are you in charge of the lava lever? WHO IS ACTUALLY IN CHARGE OF THE LAVA LEVER????

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You monster. I was just in those holes. ##vote Rascyc

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I am many things, but I am not very good at keeping secrets.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Man, I have a hard time believing that Fry doesn't know what BP is.

I dunno it reads pretty organically stupid to me. Reads the role PM too quickly, gets excited and then worried that his precious get out of lynch free card is going to be wasted day 1. Still doesn't mean I'm not laughing at him.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Because

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

actually what the gently caress with dr. hurt though, why was he still throwing down joke votes less than a day from the deadline?

For a serious answer, we are sitting here 13 hours from deadline on day one. If I was making japes an hour from deadline, sure that's probably a problem. We have a pretty even spread of votes out there. You seem awfully rushed to get a lynch going.

Somberbrero posted:

yeah but there's content in this game now and Not Trying on day one has never ever been a useful thing. if you aren't bothering to even comment or work off of one of the several distinct arguments being made, why do you want to play mafia? seriously the bar for entry here is pretty low, just quote someone else and vote for whom they vote for if nothing else.

He says, blatantly disregarding my thoughts on the "Fry is a ding dong" situation. Also you are advocating lazy mafia play, therefor you are a huge idiot. Have a great day, may you find many shiny rocks!

Rascyc posted:

imo it's only organic if the 'frustration' part can be believed and I don't really see a post of his where he was getting frustrated as opposed to his mad post directed at me earlier

Eh I dunno. You might not have seen it yesterday but he could have been feeling internally pressured. The only reason I'm saying this, is when I've had cool town power roles I've always been worried about the first day because I have wanted to use them at least once. At the same time like you said the only time his feathers seemed a bit ruffled was this

Philip J. Fry posted:

I just. How would that ever work? Why would I think that would ever work?

Seriously what's up your dick?

But you know who else feels inordinately pressured about mundane things...........

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

okay, but putting down a vote on an actual bandwagon that was gaining momentum and framing it as a joke is scummy. dr. hurt took the vote off once it lost steam.

Thank god you are here to explain to me why I do all my actions. I was looking at my joke like "jeez why did I do this" but now Professor X of the gnomes is here to peer inside my head and tell everyone exactly what I was thinking.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I meant to say dwarves. I deeply apologize to all gnomes who thought I was insulting them.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Just so I'm clear, this is the content you're referencing?

Wow I am so glad we have Dr. Hurt here to tell us what is up, thanks for all your assistance.

HE HASN'T SAID ANYTHING ON ANY CASE!!!!!! Wait, he's said something? WELL IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

mr.capps posted:

this is my way of saying we are getting no where with the current discussion instead you know what we should do?

##vote 3e

Yeah this has dissolved into a slapfight, but what's the case for baka emperor besides the fact that he's emperor of the bakas and made some dumb logic leaps.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

mr.capps posted:

its pretty much that

Now that's a vote I can get behind. ##vote 3E

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

always

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Also, don't shoot me.

I'm the brewer.

And I'm damned sure all of you need alcohol to get through the working day.

So take those votes off of me, you damned dirty apes.

stop claiming

Stop Claiming

STOP CLAIMING

what the gently caress is wrong with people?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Should I claim? Someone put a vote on me and I'll claim

##vote Opopanax

Balls in your court. :colbert:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I am a dorf

Well I'm satisfied. ##vote 3E

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Folks baka is the best choice. Would be willing to swing to Suck though. Death to the Dwarven government.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Vote 3E. We have 12 minutes until Taste gets his wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

yuming posted:

Rude!!

I think AC is scummy!!! Fry is prob a better lynch than these options.

Well we'll deal with them tomorrow. For now vote 3E. It's the only way.

• Locked thread