Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm going to break this game for your own good :colbert:

Put me in, I can prevent this sort of insidious play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also hi Leper! We missed you!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

Sure will.

Some big things you need to know:

4. When voting, bold it and put a double ## in front, so the votefinder can read it. Like, if you wanted to vote me, you'd put ##vote Poison Mushroom at the end of your post. Unvote can just be ##unvote.

What happens when I vote at the start or middle of my post? Is that not valid? These rules are confusing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Are we supposed to say if we want the bastard role? I want the loving bastard role.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##confirm my PM says Fry is a badguy watch out for him

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

I have an irrational and intense dislike of Ricky Gervais
I don't mind Ricky Gervais in general, but I'm all about team Anti-Derek

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I want to vote someone for having poor taste, but there are just too many targets.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kumbamontu posted:

I've watched everything but the finale. Some of it was pretty good but I feel like the focus on individual characters per episode instead of the normal deal didn't work out as well

Yeah, having to film everyone separate really took out a lot of the great interactions that made the show great, unfortunately.

I didn't think it was terrible, it just didn't feel like it was necessary since it added nothing to the original show really.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

season 4 is a masterpiece in storytelling, and much more than any of the other seasons benefits from a rewatch because it really is a puzzle that fits together in goofy funny ways

Fine, I'll rewatch it then! If this is like the time you told Grandi to go to that restaurant though...

I can just see you now, "Oh, Season 4? No I never watched that. Or any season of the show"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Idris Elba makes Prometheus worth watching

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

You know what movie was RAD , The Disorderlies with the fat boys

Cpig knows his poo poo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

Hey, I did go to that restaurant, I did not say that I knew capps. It was mediocre, but the bread was very good.

I enjoy a good bread

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

Is it a ~~~POWER ROLE GAMBIT~~~?

Ah the good old days.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

2D Dwarf Fortress forever

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There has definitely been a nethack and crawl themed game that I recall. Does't mean we can't have more of them!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nah, you never played with CP, Somber

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It's too early to make that kind of analysis on yuming. She's known to flake out a bit regardless of alignment, but given time it'll become apparent if she is scum or not.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mafia theory hasn't evolved, players have just gotten worse at showing up for deadlines

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The Science of Suck posted:

So it means nothing to you that she's demanding others post stuff while she isn't, and that twice she's talked about how much she wants to find scum instead of actually trying to find scum?

Not really, it will in a day or so if she doesn't put in the effort.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't understand why you condemn Cpig and then vote Fry though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dr. Hurt posted:

I am sure this mayor makes laws, but is he really making them for the good of the people? Or is this another dwarf oligarch who just spread a few shiny gems around to curry the public's favor. I for one am not going to leave that up to chance. What if he starts taxing elephants by the ear? What if he decides to open the lava gates and all my hard digging is for naught? Impeach Mayor Suck. It's the Dwarven thing to do.

This sounds like you are backup Mayor or Assistant Mayor trying to grab power.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Philip J. Fry posted:

I didn't think much of this when it happened, and I tried to just joke about it since it was still joke phase (apparently it was awkward) but the fact that he hasn't commented about me once since then, especially given that I'm the cleary vote leader and have been for most of the day, why hasn't he said at least something about me?

I've barely said anything about anyone so far, I haven't really been putting in much effort yet. That original vote was obviously a joke though and not something that really needed following up on. I just woke up so it'll be a bit but I'll start paying more attention here.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The Science of Suck posted:

i didn't pick fry because he's the vote leader anyway and it didn't make me lol

But if Cpig is only hated for one day and Fry is the person you want dead this still makes no sense at all.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

I can't decide if Fry's that dumb or if this was manufactured

Man, I have a hard time believing that Fry doesn't know what BP is.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

already called him out as scum ha

we are killing 3e first though

I think tearshed's definitely got a scummier tone to him than 3E. The worst thing about 3E is that he seems overly worried about nobles when there is no evidence that they are a threat (or at least a threat greater than the scum) but tearshed's posts just smack of fake reads.

Although now that I think about it scum might be incentivized to get rid of nobles since they seem to be some sort of wildcard. Still, I feel better about ##vote tearshed for now.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Philip J. Fry posted:

Oh and who ever asked me about when I was frustrated, I think someone reposted my post when I asked someone what was up their dick. It's around that point :v: that one and the post two before it. I'm phone posting so quoting is kind of a bitch

I just don't get WHY you've been so frustrated this game. You got a few votes on you early but you are experienced enough to know that being the early vote leader doesn't actually lead to you being lynched in most cases if the momentum dies down and you were never even halfway to being lynched. You've been way more defensive this game than I recollect you ever being.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

great awesome, now do it :bandwagon: toot toot all a-board the murder train

:toot: ##vote The Betrayer

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

What happened with that guy? He was a good poster and a beautiful soul.

I guess the meds that cured his schizophrenia also made him a terrible poster with a bankrupt soul

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Twilight powers???

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Now that I am all caught up, ##vote Dr. Hurt

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Could you guys do your loving work out loud once in a while?

"He's town."
"He's scum"
"He made a slip"

Quote some loving stuff, how did Hurt slip?

I agree, I have no idea what the slip was. The Jefe case was pretty bad though, and I haven't liked how he's reacted to pretty much everything.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

What do you think about Dr. Hurt though?

Isn't that implied in his whole case?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would not lynch Somber, I like his responses.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rascyc posted:

is this seriously all you got

No, not at all!

I still think Hurt is a badguy. Hence my vote on him still.

I don't feel very good about Fry, a lot of his posts doesn't seem to come from a town perspective. Things like:

Philip J. Fry posted:

Im still most happy with lynching Big Nothing today. So much flying under the radar but still posting enough to keep himself relevant.

In other news I'm pretty sure tearshed is town. I like that he tries to make an effort to give his opinions on whatevers relevant at the time. Feels townie to me.

I'm also getting pretty suspicious of Somber. Given that I'm typically horrible at catching him as scum that's saying a lot for me. Would vote for him too.

In this post he seems to find BN to be scum for popping in to post just enough to appear active, but then tearshed is ok for popping in on occasion to comment on what's relevant (but it's usually just a quick hit and then out again). I don't see very much difference between the two of them and I don't like Fry making what feels like arbitrary declarations here.

I get a weird vibe from Kumba, something I have to explore more. A little too much snark with no meat.

Finally, I'm of the opinion that the nobles should be essentially treated as a distraction for the time being. I suspect they have some sort of alternate win condition that is entirely independent of any scum/town goals.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also it's cool chaoslord, real life is nothing to apologize for

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rascyc posted:

This is a completely fake read. It takes all of 2 seconds to click on either poster's post history and realize there's a world of difference between the two. It's not even a straight read on BN/Tearshed but rather used as content to call someone a Fry in their reads (not in hal's words, he just says Fry is not a good feeling).

Also I have a hard time accepting any reads on Fry that don't involve his BP claim at this point. Hal's just faking it.

Why does his BP claim have to factor into it at all?

I also disagree, I don't like teardshed's content and I don't think it's much better than BN's, it's merely a bit more eloquent.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rascyc posted:

It speaks towards motivation of his play. If his content is scummy, then you should want to go back and ask yourself why would a scum claim BP on d1 under the context of "I THOUGHT IT'D PROTECT ME FROM MY LYNCH" when he was at something like 4-5 votes. It's a question of town mentality.

"Eloquent" really?

yeah, tearshed is way more eloquent than BN, what of it?

Also I still maintain (as I did at the time) that I think it's very odd that Fry who is extremely experienced would be so confused about BP. I can't really find the town motivation behind Fry panicking and claiming at that point either, maybe we just see things differently.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rascyc posted:

also several people have blasted BN already for not taking a stance, you can't be that out of touch with the thread

This is starting to get away from the point I was trying to make in my case. It's not even about tearshed vs. BN and who's scummier, it's about how Fry's casing felt really superficial and were just surface opinions. Combine that with what I feel like was overly defensive early play and unfocused opinions that didn't seem to come from the perspective of town trying to find scum and I don't like Jake's play. The post I quoted was just a recent example and wasn't intended to be the entire crux of my point.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rascyc posted:

The crux of your point was that BN/Tear were equal and you were reading Fry in a negative light on the fact he was reading one person differently than the other. It's a pretty generic "hypocrite" case.

Why wouldn't you say your entire point that you just posted there in the first place, because it's quite a bit different than a generic hypocrite case. I think you're moving your goal posts now.

Because I was just quickly jotting down my thoughts before I headed to my lovely overnight shift of working (which I have just returned from and am now I am in a bad mood) so there weren't the most coherent and well-realized thoughts, just general senses of how I was feeling at the moment (as you specifically requested).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Really though every time I see your avatar it makes me smile a little so I can't really be in that bad of a mood.

• Locked thread