Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Skippy Granola posted:

I keep forgetting that there was a time before plot and pacing in FPS games. Levels are less chapters in a story than simply arenas full of enemies, and for a game ostensibly about Rednecks defending their turf from marauding alien sumbitches, we're surprisingly light on aliens. Here's hoping for a plot development sooner or later. Or at least a new gun.

This game is definitely a product of its time.

What started that plot thing, anyway? Half-Life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, I suppose we had to get around in a junkyard eventually.

I'm just surprised we didn't bull out of there in a wrecked car resurrected by Mad Redneck Science.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. I just realized what this game uses as the "end-of-level" marker, like the glyphs you'd touch in Hexen.

Also, you can remember the non-hillbilly American stereotypes with this simple mnemonic: surfing football cowboy boxer. (Actually, there's some hillbilly in there too.)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, I figured since every level is part sewer there wouldn't be an actual sewer level. So naive.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, that was a neat little bowling interlude at the end. For a while I thought a strike was just going to be flat-out impossible.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Vicious collisions with difficulty walls seem to be the norm for FPSs of this era. Good luck picking yourself up!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm a little worried that you haven't actually beaten this game yet, Skippy, but I imagine it'll be fun to see you try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Shotguns: how do they work?

Seriously if somebody can find that out that'd be aces.

• Locked thread