Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I dont know posted:

As a native of South Carolina, I remember when this game came out. All the rednecks and wannabe rednecks from the suburb that I knew loved it.

It was a hit here in Texas as well, based off of anecdotal experience on my part.

Agent Interrobang posted:

As a native of Georgia, I would find this LP offensive, if it weren't for the fact that the vulgar stereotypes portrayed within are... largely a result of Southern comedians trying to make a quick buck by mocking the underclass. :sigh:

Basically what I'm getting at is this LP is loving hilarious and keep doin' whatcha doin', even if y'are a pack of yankee carpetbaggers.

The entirety of the Hillfolk/Hillbilly/Redneck experience seems to be able to be summed up as "the Scot-Irish didn't take poo poo from nobody... but also had a bad history of being screwed out of poo poo as well".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Great Joe posted:

:allears: I am loving these. Please tell me there's more, or even a repository filled with these somewhere.

I don't have any shaggy dogs that are nearly as country as Skoolmunkee, but here's a personal favorite of mine...

Larry Lobster and Sam Clam where best friends. They did everything together. The only difference between them is that Larry was the nicest Lobster ever and Sam, well lets just say he was not so good.
Larry and Sam did so much together that they even died together.

Larry went to heaven and Sam went to hell.

Larry was doing well in heaven and one day St. Peter came up to him and said, "Larry, you know you are the nicest clam we ever had up here. Everyone likes you but you seem to be a bit depressed.

Tell me what is bothering you, maybe I can help."

Larry said, "Well, don't get me wrong Pete, I like it up here and everything, but I really miss my good friend Sam Clam. We used to do everything together and I really miss him a lot."

St. Peter looked at Larry with pity and said to him, "I tell you what, I can arrange it so that you can go down to hell tomorrow and visit Sam all day. How would that sound?"

This made Larry very happy and he got up bright and early the next morning and grabbed his wings, his harp, and his halo and got in the elevator to hell. When the doors opened he was met by Sam. The hugged each other and they were off. You see in Hell Sam owned a disco. The spent the day there together and had a great time. At the end of the day Larry and Sam went back to the elevator together said their goodbyes and Larry got back in the elevator and went up to heaven. He stepped off the elevator and was greeted by St. Peter who blocked the doorway to heaven. He looked at Larry and said, "Larry Lobster, didn't you forget something?"

Larry looked around and said, "No, I don't think so I have my halo and my wings."

St. Peter looked at him and said, "Yes, but what about your harp?" Larry gasped and said, "I Left My Harp in Sam Clam's Disco."

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Yeah, I think any breed of any animal that can be described as "was bred to hunt badgers" would be the toughest drat thing on the planet.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Tabasco sauce is aged in former Jack Daniels barrels, and I've seen places where you can get wood chips from bourbon barrels for barbecue purposes. Not sure how much of an effect it actually has in either instance.

They've also started ageing tequila in them.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Skippy Granola posted:

We talked about Dump Cake a page or two back, so I think the sky's the limit

I find it kinda hard to think of Dump Cake/Cobbler as some weird thing that is included up there with noodling and bashing possum's heads in with a home-made club. But that might be due to fond memories of it from my boy scout days where we'd make it on camp-outs in a dutch oven. The nicer thing about doing that was the limited amount of clean-up afterwards - you just get the dutch oven nice and covered in coals afterwards, wait a bit, and scrub out the carbonized remains with a paper towel and some cooking oil.

There's another recipe we'd always make on camp-outs, but the name escapes me. It involved graham crackers, butter, condensed milk, pecans, and chocolate chips. And if you were lazy like us you'd just drink the milk and eat the other stuff.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Skippy Granola posted:

Holy poo poo is that the usual method for getting a troublesome cow into a truck?

The cow had tasted freedom; they couldn't hazard letting it get back to the herd and spreading it.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

As horrifying as Bobbin's cat-story is, I have a hard time not understanding the thought behind it. My kinfolk out in west Texas have the same general view of cats (and dogs, and most other pets, come to think of it...) as, well, farm tools. All it takes is a feral queen getting in to your prize-winning chicken coup once for you to decide that it's time to reach for the bag.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Clayren posted:

I'm not sure why you would kill farm cats. They keep down rodent problems and you don't even really have to feed them or anything, they're more than happy to just live in your barn half-feral. Only instance of farm cat killing I have ever heard of was accidental, when a cat went to drink some milk out of a big milk container someone left open by accident, fell in and drowned and they found the body in there floating.

You know that bit in Dwarf Fortress where you can end up with an explosion of feline population in the game that basically causes it to lag all to hell?

Feral cats can pull that off in real life.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Jaguars! posted:

I do like the way this game tries to fill in the levels with something new or different each time, like the ghost enemies and the workable oven in this level. Better than the empty rooms in so many old shooters.

About the same time as you did J. Clucks level I had to do a bunch of work outside a chicken processing plant. Gawdam those places are really unpleasant. Had to measure up a bunch of buildings outside the offal pit, realized after five minutes that I was going to faint because I was holding my breath against the stink.:barf: Never have chicken lined up for dinner the day you visit one of those places.

The college I went to here in Texas was across the street from a chicken processing plant.

The air was loving ripe on hot days, and I vaguely recall there being something about them only turning the filters on if they had enough complaints, but I'm not sure how much of that was drunken dorm rambling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

To add further pressure to Skippy to update this thread, I would like to report that I stopped at a Cracker Barrel for lunch today and had a Goo Goo Cluster.

I drat near entered a sugar-induced coma after eating it. That is all.

• Locked thread