Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
A mod and/or front page writer of these forums created this podcast thing and I don't know anything about it other than tumblr people like it and that it's 100% guaranteed gay as poo poo so tekll me what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

here comes cask
Jul 7, 2003

here comes cask posted:

he's the garrison keillor for insufferable dipshits who are too insufferably dipshitty for npr

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Now that I've been welcomed to Night Vale, how do I leave again?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
they say spooky things and sometimes can be seen carrying a gun

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Listen to my deep voice and don't go to places.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

amityville anus posted:

they say spooky things and sometimes can be seen carrying a gun

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Listen to my deep voice and don't go to places.
it seems you have bith listened to this gay nerd poo poo, so please explain to me specificlly what it is

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
thanks cask but no one is too lovely to listen to prairie home, no one

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

it's really awesome, and usually hilarious, and actually my favorite episode is #2 about the Glow Cloud.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Welcome to Night Vale is almost as good as this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EE7PsuMJoE

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Prettz posted:

it's really awesome, and usually hilarious, and actually my favorite episode is #2 about the Glow Cloud.

you have over 11000 grey forum posts so you seem as good a person as any to tell me why you think this obviously terrible thing is good, in detail

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

you have over 11000 grey forum posts so you seem as good a person as any to tell me why you think this obviously terrible thing is good, in detail
my postcount was negative before you even registered :c00l:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

it seems you have bith listened to this gay nerd poo poo, so please explain to me specificlly what it is

First episode only and an episode of Idea Channel.

Essentially, it is a fake news radio program where the new reporter hints( aka doesn't say what is actually happening so the listener is left to go "ohhhh spoooky my mind is making up all the horrible poo poo instead of them doing actual work") at scary poo poo happening in a small town.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

the narrator or whatever is really bad at reading a script

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Prettz posted:

my postcount was negative before you even registered :c00l:
how embarrassing a comeback that is aside youre dodging the question which is will you please explain to me why you like this definitely stupid thing

here comes cask
Jul 7, 2003

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

remember when you were 10 and one time the mostly nude man that owned the house with the unkempt lawn around the corner threw bird seed at you and told you to stop trespassing on the sidewalk? it's like that, except now that man gets money from people who are too boring and stupid to have thoughts of their own, and he made a fake radio show based on the first few seasons of the x-files but without any of the creative merit or interesting ideas

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

its a pretty good question op maybe you should consult jon hendren @fart on twitter for this sort of thing

anyone who makes posts for the front page has their finger on their pulse of something awful gossip

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

its a pretty good question op maybe you should consult jon hendren @fart on twitter for this sort of thing

anyone who makes posts for the front page has their finger on their pulse of something awful gossip
You're awful stay out of my thread

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

here comes cask posted:

remember when you were 10 and one time the mostly nude man that owned the house with the unkempt lawn around the corner threw bird seed at you and told you to stop trespassing on the sidewalk? it's like that, except now that man gets money from people who are too boring and stupid to have thoughts of their own, and he made a fake radio show based on the first few seasons of the x-files but without any of the creative merit or interesting ideas
well now i know another poster who is worthless, thanks

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Now that I've been welcomed to Night Vale, how do I leave again?

glow cloud.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

also the episode about the summer reading program is pretty hilarious

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Prettz posted:

also the episode about the summer reading program is pretty hilarious
What is it and what's hilarious about it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

A mod and/or front page writer of these forums created this podcast thing and I don't know anything about it other than tumblr people like it and that it's 100% guaranteed gay as poo poo so tekll me what it is

It's a goon who does the writing for it

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3493679&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

It's alright. My girlfriend just started listening to it and she listened to all 50 eps or w/e in like 2 days. not really my cup of tea but I'm not a podcast person either. if i was a podcast person, id listen to it

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jul 17, 2014

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Lmao it's maxnmona i knew it was someone bad

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

What is it and what's hilarious about it
Pretty much the whole thing.

edit: "The Time of Knives"

naem
May 29, 2011

a CRUNK bird???

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
it's like car talk, but with ghosts

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
The narrator is obviously the skinny big adams apple guy of his obese klinefelters friends group

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s66z5sK2Hbk

naem
May 29, 2011

Prairie home companion is literally garrison Keillor masturbating to the sound of his own voice while his antediluvian friends slowly melt around him

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf3YYBpf9cA

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

the Night Vale public library sounds like it's a part of the Deimos lab from the original Doom

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwkFixCq9t0

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i dont understand a single noun in this entire thread

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-nULlfJDvk

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

is this now a thread to post cool secret of mana music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGQ3dnOZJ1A&fmt=18

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

has anyone actually explained this yet

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

:siren::byodood::supaburn::livintrope::supaburn::byodood::siren:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
It's like Twin Peaks or Address Unknown in podcast form

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002