Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

has anyone actually explained this yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i like twin peaks and x-files but why would anyone want to listen to a radio show version of them that sounds boring as gently caress

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Prettz posted:

lol you like x-files, wtf is wrong with you

i want to believe

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dr_Amazing posted:

It's a podcast that sounds like the local radio station of a small town. It's just a guy reading traffic reports, school cancelations, upcoming events etc. The hook is that Nightvale is a creepy twilight zone town so the announcer is always causally mentioning supernatural stuff.

I listened to the first 3 or 4 episodes and thought it was fun but a little too repetitive.

thank you

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ok i just listened to the first minute of the first episode and the creepy thing is supposedly dangerous hooded dudes in the dog park its kinda racist

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

drat this poo poo is bad

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

adam carolla is bad and a lot worse than this but i listened to the first episdoe and it was a not that good voice actor trying to deadpan wacky ~spooky~ stuff. i didnt like it sorry goon who made it :shrug:

Parallax Scroll posted:

the concept sounded kinda neat so i listened to like 10 minutes or so of the first episode. it was poo poo so i turned it off. there's no subtlety to it, nothing eerie or mysterious about it. instead every paranormal/conspiracy/x-files thing is happening simultaneously

yeah this is also my opinion im not trying to be contrarian i just didnt like it im sorry gbs im sorry *weeps really loudly as the gay hooded werewolves descend on my dark abode*

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jul 18, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

also i thought adam carolla died from a drug overdose already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Othin posted:

And now........ TO THE lovely INDIE MUSIC WEATHER

Besides that I like it. I think the commercials are my favorite part.

:hb: hello everybody its cloudy with a chance of meatballs....... alien meatballs :hb:

• Locked thread