Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Can I buy his mom some popcorn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
wasn't there some guy who ate like two bags of microwave popcorn a day, every day for ten years and died from poisoning from one of the trace chemicals or something made in the cooking process?

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

seriouspost: get a whirley pop, coconut oil and flavocol flavored salt. melt the oil in the whirley with some of the salt, and pop your corns in it. it takes like 5 minutes to make literal movie theater popcorn in your own home. it's actually better since it's always hot and fresh. it will take a couple times to tweak the proportions to your liking, but you'll have genuine movie popcorn and it's basically as easy as microwave bags.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Fatkraken posted:

wasn't there some guy who ate like two bags of microwave popcorn a day, every day for ten years and died from poisoning from one of the trace chemicals or something made in the cooking process?

He didn't die, but got a sweet settlement.
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...ticle-1.1163543

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
You know, they make unbuttered, unsalted microwave popcorn now.

Anyway, I use an air popper so I can catch all the popcorn in a bowl as it shoots out and pretend I'm on Double Dare.

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Best fill my house with explosive gas in order to heat-up food. Nothing can go wrong here.

You're gonna wanna just vent the gas for a good ten minutes before lighting the burner.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Buschmaki posted:

I'm faced with a conundrum, would you guys call Kettlecorn a variety of popcorn, or a snack that's made with popcorn? I feel like it would be like calling a cucumber a pickle and a pickle a cucumber, complete madness.

Depends on the Kettlecorn. On the one hand you have poo poo like Cracker Jack that's just candy coated stuffing to shove in your mouth. On the other hand you have Orville Redenbacher Kettlecorn which is actually normal popcorn with a touch of sweetness to it.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

mng posted:

He didn't die, but got a sweet settlement.
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...ticle-1.1163543

this guy looks a lot healthier than i'd expect of someone who eats 2 bags of microwave popcorn a day

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
im not doing all that dumb poo poo for popcorn

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
so if i get raw corn and pull all those things off it and put them in a microwave will it pop into popcorn? or is there more to it.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Don't microwave the popcorn, just open it up and eat it unpopped.

so if i get raw corn and pull all those things off it and put them in a microwave will it pop into popcorn? or is there more to it.

There's even less to it because you don't have to pull the kernels off the cob.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The best popcorn is movie theater popcorn that is freshly popped. That had been made with double the oil.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Working in a movie theater is the best job and if I won the lottery I'd do it like 10 or 20 hours a week. Just sweeping theaters and eating fresh popcorn.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

THANKS OBAMA

:rubshands:

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010

cheerfullydrab posted:

Working in a movie theater is the best job and if I won the lottery I'd do it like 10 or 20 hours a week. Just sweeping theaters and eating fresh popcorn.

dude gross, don't eat the popcorn people drop.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Kukash posted:

dude gross, don't eat the popcorn people drop.
someone's gotta eat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

you can air-pop popcorn in the microwave using a covered microwave-safe bowl or even a paper bag

I have nothing to add to the discussion about popcorn but I have to ask what is your avatar from and why is it so mesmerizing? Also why is he saying MERP MERP MERP MERP MERP MERP?

• Locked thread