Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Forcyte posted:

I bought this one recently after reading a review of it somewhere.

Japanese Farm Food

Hey, I saw an episode about her on Begin Japanology the other day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldxEEKvmFD4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Made katsudon last night. It was good. Oyakodon donburi supremacy unchallenged.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Most nabe I have eaten had quite rich stocks that leaned towards the sweet. The times I've had shabu-shabu the stock was lighter, clearer and not as sweetened. Nabe seem to be more substantial as well, with lost of filling foods like potatoes, konnyaku and the like.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Salting ahead of time won't make your meat dry nor tough. It's a myth.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

How about just simmering broccoli florets and dressing them with soy, mirin and maybe some toasted sesame seed if you can be arsed? Very nice with basically everything when they've been allowed to come to room temp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I always add a little dashi powder to ochazuke, also that is quite a big mound of rice in my book. YMMV