Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Are there any ingredients that you think would be good to get while in Japan, like things that are going to be more difficult to find in the US? We have a pretty decent Asian market near our place in OKC, but it caters mostly to Vietnamese and Chinese cooking and its Japanese section is pretty sparse. Some things that I've grabbed are Okonomi sauce, Kewpie mayonnaise (I know you can get it on Amazon but eh). Maybe some good mirin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Make an excuse to go back to Japan, duh :confused:

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Chicken sashimi

Absolutely the most "out there" food I have eaten in Japan. I didn't even realize it was a thing. I had more trouble bringing myself to eat this than I did with fugu - it just goes against everything I've been taught about eating poultry growing up in the US.

It was nice, tasted like tuna. Hope I don't get Salmonella.

Anyone ever tried to make this with chicken in the US?