Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Today I found out that Croatia hates fun, as Vikingur, the upstart team from the Faroe Islands, got pummeled 5-1 at home by Rijeka.

I know almost nothing about the Faroe Islands, but I was holding out hope for an improbable run to the group stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Aggro posted:

Today I found out that Croatia hates fun, as Vikingur, the upstart team from the Faroe Islands, got pummeled 5-1 at home by Rijeka.

I know almost nothing about the Faroe Islands, but I was holding out hope for an improbable run to the group stage.

It's an island that mainly deals in incest and loving sheep and killing whales. Hell hole. Thanks Croatia.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Hegay posted:

It's an island that mainly deals in incest and loving sheep

It's not part of the UK mate

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Aggro posted:

Rijeka are really sick

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
2-0. Not as bad as I was expecting although by all accounts Sociedad looked like they were on another level (they are).

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Bobby Digital posted:

It's not part of the UK mate

drat.

Joopjan
Nov 5, 2009
Yesterday psv struggled allmatch against a second division side from austria. Looks like this year will be another solid year for the eredivisie with feyenoord losing to besiktas as well

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Chas McGill posted:

2-0. Not as bad as I was expecting although by all accounts Sociedad looked like they were on another level (they are).

I really hate this defeatist nonsense from Dons fans, sorry. Real Sociedad are considered "a different level" because they are Spanish and were in the Champions League last season etc. Well they got ZERO points in the Champions League and Celtic got ONE POINT and how many times did we beat Celtic? Exactly. Zero times a million doesn't even equal one so by my estimates we are a million times better than Real Sociecrap.

BELIEVE! Three nil next week.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

duckmaster posted:

I really hate this defeatist nonsense from Dons fans, sorry. Real Sociedad are considered "a different level" because they are Spanish and were in the Champions League last season etc. Well they got ZERO points in the Champions League and Celtic got ONE POINT and how many times did we beat Celtic? Exactly. Zero times a million doesn't even equal one so by my estimates we are a million times better than Real Sociecrap.

BELIEVE! Three nil next week.

None of the SPL teams would even finish top 6 in the pepsi cola Championship

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I'd just like to say

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahahaha
hahaha
hahah
haha
haha
lol

gently caress off Celtic, you're shite

that is all

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

mackintosh posted:

I'd just like to say

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahahaha
hahaha
hahah
haha
haha
lol

gently caress off Celtic, you're shite

that is all

I agree with this statement, this will join Super Caley Go Ballistic Celtic Are Atrocious, Neuchatel Xamax and Artmedia Bratislava as moments Celtic will want to forget forever.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Troy Queef posted:

I agree with this statement, this will join Super Caley Go Ballistic Celtic Are Atrocious, Neuchatel Xamax and Artmedia Bratislava as moments Celtic will want to forget forever.

oi, at least we made a couple of semis way back when

we're still getting knocked out in the next round, but it's been fun routing Celtic seeing how absolutely no one here or in Scotland expected us to go through, it's been an absolute blast

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

mackintosh posted:

oi, at least we made a couple of semis way back when

we're still getting knocked out in the next round, but it's been fun routing Celtic seeing how absolutely no one here or in Scotland expected us to go through, it's been an absolute blast

you guys will get an easier team next round though, as because of the way the system works you've technically taken over our fairly high coefficient and thus are seeded in the playoff round draw

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Troy Queef posted:

you guys will get an easier team next round though, as because of the way the system works you've technically taken over our fairly high coefficient and thus are seeded in the playoff round draw

There is no easier team than Celtic and also you're wrong

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Hegay posted:

There is no easier team than Celtic and also you're wrong

upon a closer look you're right about the seeding thing, but there is an easier team out there that Legia could draw (it's Ludogorets, who having watched them struggle to beat Lazio i can say are horrible)

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Troy Queef posted:

upon a closer look you're right about the seeding thing, but there is an easier team out there that Legia could draw (it's Ludogorets, who having watched them struggle to beat Lazio i can say are horrible)

we're out in the next round mate; I love Legia, but unless Berg works magic, getting past Celtic is about the top of their ability - the aim always has been EL group stage and then trying to get second place

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
YEEEES

Now lets kick out Arsenal lol

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Celtic should be thankful today, looking at the teams in the hat for the 3rd round or considering who they could get in a group they'd probably have seen a lot more 6-1 scorelines

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Woodenlung posted:

Now lets kick out Arsenal lol

PHWOAR

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Celtic should be thankful today, looking at the teams in the hat for the 3rd round or considering who they could get in a group they'd probably have seen a lot more 6-1 scorelines

Indeed. Celtic were atrocious and there's literally no excuse. You just don't lose 6-1 on aggregate to us, it shouldn't happen under any circumstances. I'd boot their manager right after the game if I were them.

The No! Team
Jan 6, 2012

mackintosh posted:

I'd boot their manager right after the game if I were them.

The funny thing is that of the two Norwegian managers, Deila is highly rated in Norway, while Berg is viewed as pretty mediocre. It's a funny old game, I guess.

Berg always struck me as a weird sourpuss, so I'm guessing he fits well in Poland? How is he doing otherwise?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

The No! Team posted:

The funny thing is that of the two Norwegian managers, Deila is highly rated in Norway, while Berg is viewed as pretty mediocre. It's a funny old game, I guess.

Berg always struck me as a weird sourpuss, so I'm guessing he fits well in Poland? How is he doing otherwise?

It's really too early to tell. We're only a couple of games into the new season and despite his rather surprising CL success, we're 1-1-1 in the league, which is by all accounts a very poor start considering that Legia is the only team in this league with any squad depth. Winning the title last year was a formality, as he pretty much inherited a title-winning side and got the owners to spend on some additional (rather woeful) signings. Bottom line - jury is still out, although we are playing what could be dubbed positive football, something no Polish side has done for years and that is purely down to Berg.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

The No! Team posted:

Berg is a real bad manager.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
In exciting EL news, those scum cunts from Ruch Chorzów who are beneath us all and we should not be forced to breathe the same air as their kind have apparently overcome the might of Danish part-time fishermen on away goals. Go Poland team football :poland:

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
http://legia.com/news,42936-komunikat_legii_warszawa.html
http://www.polskatimes.pl/artykul/3...t.html?cookie=1

Apparently Legia may have fielded an ineligible player (who was banned due to a prior red card) against Celtic.

Bacon of the Sea fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 7, 2014

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Bacon of the Sea posted:

http://legia.com/news,42936-komunikat_legii_warszawa.html
http://www.polskatimes.pl/artykul/3...t.html?cookie=1

Apparently Legia may have fielded an ineligible player (who was banned due to a prior red card) against Celtic.

There's nothing apparent about it, we have. The CEO is already in Nyon with the entire legal team. I hope he brought enough money with him otherwise he might get lynched when he gets back.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

mackintosh posted:

There's nothing apparent about it, we have. The CEO is already in Nyon with the entire legal team. I hope he brought enough money with him otherwise he might get lynched when he gets back.

What are the potential (realistic) consequences of this? Could they be DQed, and thus let Celtic through?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Great White Hope posted:

What are the potential (realistic) consequences of this? Could they be DQed, and thus let Celtic through?

That's what Celtic are counting on seeing how it was them who brought this up. The player in question was subbed in in the 86th minute when we were 6-1 up on aggregate. DQ is the harshest penalty, we could just get fined though, this has happened before in 2010 and the team in question escaped with a fine. This is UEFA we're talking about though and Poland doesn't have much pull with them, so...

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Yeah Celtic, keep your fingers crossed for a DQ so you can get royally embarrassed again in the playoff round.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

mackintosh posted:

That's what Celtic are counting on seeing how it was them who brought this up. The player in question was subbed in in the 86th minute when we were 6-1 up on aggregate. DQ is the harshest penalty, we could just get fined though, this has happened before in 2010 and the team in question escaped with a fine. This is UEFA we're talking about though and Poland doesn't have much pull with them, so...

Didn't FC Sion do this in a game against Celtic and get disqualified for it?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

blue footed boobie posted:

Dunno, I don't follow Celtic or FC Sion, it's possible. I only know of a Hungarian team that was in pretty much the same position as us and they got a fine.

The situation is that we fielded a player that had been suspended for 3 games due to a red card from last season. He has in fact missed the 3 requisite UEFA games, but was apparently not formally registered for one of the games with Saint Pats.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Yep, 2011/12.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Hahah, Jesus Christ, Lech Poznan got dumped out of the EL by half-amateurs from Iceland. This is going to be a glorious night for Polish football. RIP.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Torino up 5-0 on aggregate against the Swedish team they're facing who's name I can't spell. Hooray~

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Gigi Galli posted:

Torino up 5-0 on aggregate against the Swedish team they're facing who's name I can't spell. Hooray~

Is Glik playing?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

mackintosh posted:

Hahah, Jesus Christ, Lech Poznan got dumped out of the EL by half-amateurs from Iceland. This is going to be a glorious night for Polish football. RIP.

HR Truvada are a pretty good side, really have upgraded their defenses

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

mackintosh posted:

Is Glik playing?

He is.

He's the captain even, I think.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Everybody's favorite sheep slaughterers, Shakter Karagandy, got knocked out by Hajduk Split despite having a 4-2 advantage from the first leg.

Also in upset alerts, FK Trencin have an away goal at Hull, Rosenborg and Molde got bounced by Karabukspor and Zorya Luhansk respectively, and the aforementioned Stjarnan of Iceland took out Lech Poznan.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Gigi Galli posted:

He is.

He's the captain even, I think.

Yeah, he is. Thank God for small miracles, if they break Glik we have no defensive line, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Whats this about Legia being investigated by UEFA for fielding an ineligible player

• Locked thread