Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

The precedent was set a few seasons ago when this happened and the player in question came on as a sub for the last 10 minutes, of which the team he was playing was already like 4-0 up. Uefa just fined the club instead.

That was a different situation though, right? That one was just the team forgetting to put the player on the team-sheet I thought. Presumably UEFA is stricter when it comes to bans and the like (and indeed the rules linked on twitter are specifically for this situation and wouldn't be relevant in the previous case with the fine).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Insurrectionist posted:

That was a different situation though, right? That one was just the team forgetting to put the player on the team-sheet I thought. Presumably UEFA is stricter when it comes to bans and the like (and indeed the rules linked on twitter are specifically for this situation and wouldn't be relevant in the previous case with the fine).

Yep, that's presumably the difference between these two scenarios. We hosed up the paperwork, there's really no excuse, Polish jokes are there for a reason and here's another one.

Purno
Aug 6, 2008

Groups for the Europa League draw in 15 minutes:

Group 1
1 FC Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS)
2 VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER)
3 AC Sparta Praha (CZE)
4 Villarreal CF (ESP)
5 BSC Young Boys (SUI)

6 FK Sarajevo (BIH)
7 Apollon Limassol FC (CYP)
8 PEC Zwolle (NED)
9 FC Astana (KAZ)
10 Debreceni VSC (HUN)

Group 2
1 Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC (ISR)
2 FC Zürich (SUI)
3 CD Nacional (POR)
4 Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG)
5 FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (UKR)

6 FC Spartak Trnava (SVK)
7 Asteras Tripolis FC (GRE)
8 FC Dinamo Minsk (BLR)
9 AEL Limassol FC (CYP)
10 HNK Hajduk Split (CRO)

Group 3
1 GNK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
2 FC Twente (NED)
3 PAOK FC (GRE)
4 SK Rapid Wien (AUT)
5 Trabzonspor AŞ (TUR)

6 Qarabağ FK (AZE)
7 FC Petrolul Ploieşti (ROU)
8 FC Zimbru Chisinau (MDA)
9 HJK Helsinki (FIN)
10 FC Rostov (RUS)

Group 4
1 FC Dinamo Moskva (RUS)
2 Torino FC (ITA)
3 Hull City (ENG)
4 Legia Warszawa (POL)
5 Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)

6 RNK Split (CRO)
7 AC Omonia (CYP)
8 KSC Lokeren OV (BEL)
9 FC Aktobe (KAZ)
10 FC Astra (ROU)

Group 5
1 FC Metalist Kharkiv (UKR)
2 FK Partizan (SRB)
3 AS Saint-Étienne (FRA)
4 Rio Ave FC (POR)
5 PSV Eindhoven (NED)

6 Neftçi PFK (AZE)
7 Ruch Chorzów (POL)
8 Kardemir Karabükspor (TUR)
9 IF Elfsborg (SWE)
10 FC Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR)

Group 6
1 Feyenoord (NED)
2 FC Internazionale Milano (ITA)
3 Real Sociedad de Fútbol (ESP)
4 FC Sheriff (MDA)
5 Panathinaikos FC (GRE)
6 Club Brugge KV (BEL)

7 Stjarnan (ISL)
8 FC Midtjylland (DEN)
9 HNK Rijeka (CRO)
10 Grasshopper Club (SUI)
11 FC Zorya Luhansk (UKR)
12 FC Krasnodar (RUS)

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Imagine the poor Legia official who will have to shoulder the blame for this. Wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Insurrectionist posted:

Imagine the poor Legia official who will have to shoulder the blame for this. Wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

No one is ever to blame for anything in this country.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Troy Queef posted:

CL draw just finished, results:

CHAMPS ROUTE
Maribor v Celtic
Red Bull Salzburg v Malmo
Aalborg v APOEL Nicosia
Steaua Bucharest v Ludogorets Razgrad
Slovan Bratislava v BATE Borisov

LEAGUE ROUTE
Besiktas v Arsenal
Standard Liege v Zenit
Kobenhavn v Bayer Leverkusen
Lille v Porto
Napoli v Athletic Bilbao

Good draw for Copenhagen imo, nice

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I saw Javier Zanetti react to Inter drawing Stjarnan of Iceland.

His hair was perfect.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

I saw Javier Zanetti react to Inter drawing Stjarnan of Iceland.

His hair was perfect.

It was molded into that shape in 1994 and hasn't moved since

Purno
Aug 6, 2008

Full Europa League draw:

Twente & PSV have no excuses not to make the group stage, Zwolle should just be happy to be here and for Feyenoord it's going to be tricky.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

The Mash posted:

Good draw for Copenhagen imo, nice

No way they'll beat Leverkusen lol. Aalborg is prolly gonna gently caress up as well

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Napoli v Bilbao

Tasty

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Hegay posted:

No way they'll beat Leverkusen lol. Aalborg is prolly gonna gently caress up as well

Probably not no, but it's certainly a decent draw compared to Napoli or Arsenal... and it's close to home, unlike Zenit.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Celtic are a fraud god drat.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Troy Queef posted:

CL draw just finished, results:

CHAMPS ROUTE
Maribor v Celtic
Red Bull Salzburg v Malmo
Aalborg v APOEL Nicosia
Steaua Bucharest v Ludogorets Razgrad
Slovan Bratislava v BATE Borisov

LEAGUE ROUTE
Besiktas v Arsenal
Standard Liege v Zenit
Kobenhavn v Bayer Leverkusen
Lille v Porto
Napoli v Athletic Bilbao

Who do Manchester United play?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Who do Manchester United play?

We beat current CL holders Real Madrid over in the New World so we're exempt from having to compete in this years tournament

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Legia have asked Celtic to play a third match to settle the CL qualify spot

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

saihttam posted:

I heard Ally McCoist is going to be guest referee.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I'm really feeling sorry for any Scots planning on coming to Warsaw for the Poland-Scotland qualifier. The word on the street is it's going to be a bloodbath.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

mackintosh posted:

I'm really feeling sorry for any Scots planning on coming to Warsaw for the Poland-Scotland qualifier. The word on the street is it's going to be a bloodbath.

agreed the word around Warsaw is that they're going to murder people - its just what people are talking about!!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

saihttam posted:

This is so weird. UEFA wouldn't even recognize a made-up play-off.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Modus Trollens posted:

agreed the word around Warsaw is that they're going to murder people - its just what people are talking about!!

Word on the Warsaw street is that they're rather looking to contain the Scottish fans in a safe zone in the city and give them yellow badges to make it easier to identify themselves to the authorities in case of trouble

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

blue footed boobie posted:

It's the management coming up with bullshit to mitigate the fact they hosed up. The ultras are getting really pissed off and they're doing what they can to deflect the blame.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

mackintosh posted:

he lisped

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Fun fact: "Warsaw" is Polish for Wishaw.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

blue footed boobie posted:

If both teams agree to it then they can, Arsenal replayed Sheffield United with the FA's consent.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Total Meatlove posted:

If both teams agree to it then they can, Arsenal replayed Sheffield United with the FA's consent.

Why would Celtic ever agree to it though?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Dunban posted:

Why would Celtic ever agree to it though?

Sporting integrity?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I'm looking forward to the cool rear end UEFA super cup tonight ftw

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Total Meatlove posted:

Sporting integrity?

Yes, I, too, think "sporting integrity" when I think of Scottish football

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
There is no sporting integrity when CL money is involved. The general public will forget all about this in a couple of weeks and Celtic are rightly ignoring the issue. Legia's ownership should shut the gently caress up and move on.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

mackintosh posted:

There is no sporting integrity when CL money is involved. The general public will forget all about this in a couple of weeks and Celtic are rightly ignoring the issue. Legia's ownership should shut the gently caress up and move on.

Is there any word about what Legia ownership plan to do to whomever is responsible for this happening? I imagine somebody is going to pay for the club missing out on CL money this way.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Great White Hope posted:

Is there any word about what Legia ownership plan to do to whomever is responsible for this happening? I imagine somebody is going to pay for the club missing out on CL money this way.

Four employees have been suspended and a club icon, a literal living legend who played for Legia and then worked there for 60 years quit. No idea what's going to happen to those suspended, but I presume they'll get fired. The person chiefly responsible for this whole mess is the only woman match delegate in Europe.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

mackintosh posted:

Four employees have been suspended and a club icon, a literal living legend who played for Legia and then worked there for 60 years quit. No idea what's going to happen to those suspended, but I presume they'll get fired. The person chiefly responsible for this whole mess is the only woman match delegate in Europe.

I read in the Italian press that the Warsaw police have advised her to leave town. I don't know how true that is but lol.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Gigi Galli posted:

I read in the Italian press that the Warsaw police have advised her to leave town. I don't know how true that is but lol.

It is, threats have been made.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Copenhagen have 5 points for the first 5 matches of the season and among other embarrassing results lost 0-3 at home against a newly promoted side from a village with 12,000 inhabitants.

Congratulations Leverkusen.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal: Szczesny, Monreal, Chambers, Koscielny, Debuchy, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Sanchez, Giroud

Besiktas: Demba Ba and a bunch of Turks.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Here's some squads!

Beşiktaş: Tolga Zengin, İsmail Köybaşı, Franco, Ersan Gülüm, Ramon Motta, Veli Kavlak, Oğuzhan Özyakup, Necip Uysal, Ba, Olcay Şahan, Mustafa Pektemek. SUBS: Cenk Gönen, Serdar Kurtuluş, Sivok, Gökhan Töre, Kerim Koyunlu, Uğur Boral, Cenk Tosun.

Arsenal: Szczęsny, Debuchy, Koscielny, Monreal, Chambers, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla, Giroud, Alexis Sánchez SUBS: Martínez, Bellerín, Miquel, Rosický, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Flamini, Campbell.
-------------------
Napoli: Rafael Cabral, Britos, Maggio, Koulibaly, Albiol, Callejón, Jorginho, Hamšík, Gargano, Higuaín, Insigne SUBS: Andújar, Ghoulam, Mesto, Inler, Mertens, Michu, Zapata.

Athletic: Iraizoz, Laporte, Balenziaga, Beńat, Iturraspe, de Marcos, Susaeta, Rico, Gurpegi, Muniain, Aritz Aduriz SUBS: Iago, San José, Andoni Iraola, Morán, Lopez, Ibai Gómez, Guillermo Fernández.
-------------------
Křbenhavn: Andersen, Hřgli, Bengtsson, Nilsson, M. Jřrgensen, Claudemir, Delaney, Kadrii, Amartey, Cornelius, Amankwaa SUBS: Wiland, Antonsson, Mussis, Olsen, De Ridder, Pourie, Felfel.

Leverkusen: Leno, Spahić, Boenisch, Ömer Toprak, Donati, Rolfes, Hakan Çalhanoğlu, Castro, Bellarabi, Son Heung-Min, Kiessling SUBS: Krešić, Jedvaj, Wendell, Reinartz, Öztunali, Drmic, Brandt.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Was hoping Campbell would start, disappointed in that.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Machinegunboyo posted:

Was hoping Campbell would start, disappointed in that.

No Sanogo. He will probably come on in the ~60th minute as I don't think Giroud can do a full 90 yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I
I believe
I believe that
I believe that we
I believe that we will win

• Locked thread