Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
But you can stick to your beer or wine or whatever it is that you imbibe.

If you change your mind, though, Harmguts looks like a good one to start with.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/whisky-reviews-gross/

Realtalk: Glenlivet 18. Worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I've tried Scotch Whisky. I'm with Zack on this one. Scotch Whisky is only worth drinking if you've somehow accidently (or on a bet) drunk some house paint and you want to thin it while it's in your system.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

johntfs posted:

I've tried Scotch Whisky. I'm with Zack on this one. Scotch Whisky is only worth drinking if you've somehow accidently (or on a bet) drunk some house paint and you want to thin it while it's in your system.

Which one did you drink? Most of the 12-years are crappy, but I am telling you, try a real old one before you rule them all out. It's the difference between cheap Bulleit and 10 year Bulleit. Glenlivet 12 is like bad bourbon, Glenlivet 18 is just dreamy.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
That was a good front page article and it made me laugh. Thanks!

I'm sending a link to my nephew, who is the whisky connoisseur.

I myself think whisky generally tastes pretty nasty, and prefer tequila. Go figure. :can:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

aas Bandit posted:

That was a good front page article and it made me laugh. Thanks!

I'm sending a link to my nephew, who is the whisky connoisseur.

I myself think whisky generally tastes pretty nasty, and prefer tequila. Go figure. :can:

Oh, yeah, captured the bullshit on the packaging perfectly.

I haven't had tequila in ages. Which would you recommend?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Scotch can be the nectar of the gods, or it can be slightly better than turpentine. If you want the former then be prepared to spend at least $50 a bottle.

I wish I lived on Islay.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gravel Gravy posted:

Scotch can be the nectar of the gods, or it can be slightly better than turpentine. If you want the former then be prepared to spend at least $50 a bottle.

I wish I lived on Islay.

With Scotland possibly becoming independent soon, their immigration process may become way more streamlined - so your dream may soon come true! :scotland:

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

The more paint thinner-y the better. Laphroaig 10 year cask strength :getin:

Even though (or perhaps because) I'm a huge scotch person I loved this article.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

door Door door posted:

The more paint thinner-y the better. Laphroaig 10 year cask strength :getin:

Even though (or perhaps because) I'm a huge scotch person I loved this article.

What's your favorite? I'm making up a list for when I have real money so I can buy fancy booze again.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

For some reason, reading about disgusting things other people eat or drink is always funny. :iiam:
I don't like Scotch, but if I did, I probably still would have laughed at this.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's your favorite? I'm making up a list for when I have real money so I can buy fancy booze again.

I'm a big fan of anything peaty, so Islays are good. Laphroaig 10 is my go-to as all the Ardbeg expressions are good but very pricy. Bowmore 12 is a great whisky with a subtler peatiness. The whisk(e)y thread in GWS is also full of excellent suggestions.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Seconding Laphroaig 10

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This was a pretty lousy update, actually, and I'm not just saying that because I like scotch.

Alcohol reviews and reviewers are pretty drat mockable but this one missed by a mile. Some of the whisky names are funny, though, I guess.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

This was a pretty lousy update, actually, and I'm not just saying that because I like scotch.

Alcohol reviews and reviewers are pretty drat mockable but this one missed by a mile. Some of the whisky names are funny, though, I guess.

I disagree with this post.

Tyrant
May 30, 2004

Wasting the time to show any of my illegitimate children even an ounce of affection would only serve to distract me from my duty to the people.
Lost it at The Bogheave when I was instantly reminded of the time I tried Springbank 10.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Gravel Gravy posted:

I wish I lived on Islay.

Well said.

Plastic Megaphone
Aug 11, 2007
No more credit from the liquor store.
Did you see that, Zach? Clear as a crisp spring morning!

F K

In the whisky.

Plastic Megaphone fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUSKY DILF
Jan 13, 2007

aggressively chill
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I haven't had tequila in ages. Which would you recommend?

chinaco aņejo

• Locked thread