Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Are you looking to consult the Goon Hivemind about your most recent draft? Maybe you're iffy on your drafting skills and are looking to shake the rust off before the big day. Or maybe you just wanna show off all your insane, perfect mock performances. Well this is the place.

:siren:RULES:siren:
Make sure you clarify a couple things about your league
1. Number of teams
2. Roster Slots (3WR? Any Flex? 2QB? IDP?)
3. Scoring Format (Standard, PPR, Performance, any deviations in points like 6pts for QB TD's)
And anything else that can help give a better picture of what your league is like

Be nice
Presumably the reason you're posting here is to get opinions from others and to make sure you're not too stuck in your own opinions and evaluations. So if somebody has some valid criticism and you'd like to respond, don't be a dick. Should be pretty easy but it's always worth mentioning.

Don't spam your draft, and feel free to leave your own opinion
If you post your mock and people aren't immediately responding, just chill out. Not everybody wants to rate every mock every time. Maybe wait until a page has gone by before trying again. Also, please leave your opinions about other people's drafts. You may think you don't have anything to add, but the last thing we'd want this thread to become is only 2-3 people dispensing feedback to everybody else. Also, don't forget to be nice, both in your feedback and in any response you have to feedback from others. It's only fantasy football, after all.

:siren:POSTING YOUR MOCK:siren:
There's a couple ways to do this. The easiest way is to screenshot your draft board and let us know which person is you. Here's a random example taken from fantasyfootballcalculator.com, which is a great site for hopping into quick mock drafts. And, for example's sake, let's pretend I'm Cheese, drafting at #7.

This screenshot has pretty much all the information you'd need to get advice from your draft. However, some sites may not have a nice looking draft board, or you might just be lazy. You can always do a text post of just your own picks from the mock. Here's what a text post of that same draft would look like.

10 Team, Performance League, 3WR, 0PPR, 6pts for QB TD's

1-7 Marshawn Lynch, RB (SEA)
2-14 Arian Foster, RB (HOU)
3-27 Alshon Jeffery, WR (CHI)
4-34 Matthew Stafford, QB (DET)
5-47 T.Y. Hilton, WR (IND)
6-54 Jordan Cameron, TE (CLE)
7-67 Stevan Ridley, RB (NE)
8-74 Dwayne Bowe, WR (KC)
9-87 Steven Jackson, RB (ATL)
10-94 Eric Decker, WR (NYJ)
11-107 Danny Amendola, WR (NE)
12-114 Devonta Freeman, RB (ATL)
13-127 Arizona Defense
14-134 Steven Hauschka, K (SEA)
15-147 Jordan Matthews, WR (PHI)

Or you can do it like this

QB: Matthew Stafford (4)
RB: Marshawn Lynch (1), Arian Foster (2), Stevan Ridley (7), Steven Jackson (9), Devonta Freeman (12)
WR: Alshon Jeffery (3), T.Y. Hilton(5), Dwayne Bowe (8), Eric Decker (10), Danny Amendola (11), Jordan Matthews (15)
TE: Jordan Cameron (6)
D/ST: Arizona (13)
K: Steven Hauschka (14)

And if you want some more online resources to look at, you can check out

The General FFB Thread - The OP is filled with fantasy resources and is very well maintained, which means all I have to do is bum off it by linking to it
Fantasy Football Calculator's ADP Data - There's plenty of great links in the thread above, but specifically this link has some powerful tools for getting great accuracy on ADP's for players in your league's system.
FootballGuys's Rate My Team App - A fairly interesting tool, Rate My Team takes in your league format and all the players you drafted and analyzes your team using projections and spits out an automated, paragraph analysis. It can be pretty cool to look at but, like goon opinions, take it with a grain of salt (I'm just mad that RMT loved my draft last year but everybody on my team tanked and I ended up in 9th)

Also if there's anything you think I should add or tweak to this OP, lemme know

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
12 team ppr league, had 9th pick. This was a real draft, not a mock though.

Qb: Cutler (10)
Rb: Trich (5), Ridley (6), Moreno (8), DeAngelo Williams (9), Jeremy Hill (11), Bryce Brown (13)
WR: Marshall (2), J Nelson (3), VJax (4), Michael Floyd (7), Charles Johnson (14)
Te: Graham (1), L Green (12)
K: who cares
Def: Jets

Looking back at the draft, I really like this team. Only thing I would change would probably be the Moreno pick, probably would take Terrance West instead. Charles Johnson was just a flyer to see if he emerges as a starter on the browns before the season starts, if not I'll quickly drop him for someone on waivers. I have the best tight end and wr corps in the league, with some running backs that I think are all pretty underrated currently. If any of the rbs pay off I think it will be a really strong team.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

12 Team mock, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DST/K, Standard ESPN, 0 PPR

1-12: Demarco Murray
2-1: Demaryius Thomas
3-12: Pierre Garcon
4-1: Andre Ellington
5-12: Cordarrelle Patterson
6-1: Rashad Jennings
7-12: Matt Ryan
8-1: Jordan Reed
9-12: Dwayne Bowe
10-1: Lamar Miller
11-12: Mike Evans
12-1: Jonathan Stewart
13-12: Alex Smith
14-1: Marvin Jones
15-12: Bucs D/ST
16-1: Shayne Graham

I think I murdered this mock but waited a little too long on my QB and took a high risk TE that could blow up in my face. Thoughts?

Papes posted:

Rb: Trich (5), Ridley (6), Moreno (8), DeAngelo Williams (9), Jeremy Hill (11), Bryce Brown (13)
WR: Marshall (2), J Nelson (3), VJax (4), Michael Floyd (7), Charles Johnson (14)

Looking back at the draft, I really like this team. Only thing I would change would probably be the Moreno pick, probably would take Terrance West instead. Charles Johnson was just a flyer to see if he emerges as a starter on the browns before the season starts, if not I'll quickly drop him for someone on waivers. I have the best tight end and wr corps in the league, with some running backs that I think are all pretty underrated currently. If any of the rbs pay off I think it will be a really strong team.

Well, your RB corps is a little worrisome/you're going to have a bunch of flex fillers as your starting unit every week barring big time changes. Your WR corps (including Graham) is incredible, however, and Cutler is going to be a lot better than people think, though still a low end QB. I'd say if you get lucky with T-Rich, you could be in business, but I would be looking to trade off one of your sexy wideouts for a RB, even in a PPR league.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
^^^^^^^^^
Love that team. You got great value in the 5-10 rounds. Reed was a great pick where you got him but I'd also want a TE2 I like just in case.

Papes posted:

I love the RB zero strategy this year but your RBs are a little too zero for my tastes. Moreno was a whiff and DeAngelo is just meh. Hill is a good pick and Brown a good handcuff but you need another. Check if Lance Dunbar went undrafted; he could offer flex value in PPR leagues but a lot of people still think of him as a handcuff so he's slipping through. Maybe flip Green for an RB if he has a strong first week. I'd try to avoid breaking up that WR corps though; that group is sick and will win you weeks.

Here's my latest mock. Normal PPR scoring. 4th spot.

1st - Matt Forte
2nd - Jordy Nelson
3rd - Rob Gronkowski
4th - Michael Floyd
5th - Cordarrelle Patterson
6th - Andrew Luck
7th - Stevan Ridley
8th - Cecil Shorts
9th - Jeremy Hill
10th - Zach Ertz
11th - Lance Dunbar
12th - Andrew Hawkins
13th - Knile Davis
14th - Blair Walsh
15th - Cleveland DEF

I like this team. Locked myself into a draft spot where I had to take an RB but still got to load up on talent at WR/TE/QB. No way Luck is available in the the 6th though.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 18, 2014

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

^Is this 12 team?

Either way yeah, Luck in the 6th is fantastic. I'm not in love with your RBs but I really like the Ertz and Hawkins pick, and I like that you sniped the Knile Davis handcuff from the guy who clearly didn't want him.

Either way in a 1PPR league I'd be happy with your team

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

12 team standard scoring, picking 12th. Pretty happy overall. I'm still trying to work out may strategy for late round picks. Probably should have looked for another WR earlier. Thoughts?

QB: (84) Tom Brady, (109) Jay Cutler
RB: (13) Arian Foster, (36) C.J. Spiller, (60) Stevan Ridley, (108) Jeremy Hill, (132) James Starks, (157) Jonathan Dwyer
WR: (12) Dez Bryant, (37) Keenan Allen, (61) Mike Wallace, (181) Brandon LaFell
TE: (85) Dennis Pitta, (180) Zach Ertz
D/ST: (133) Rams D/ST
K: (156) Steven Hauschka

(12) Dez Bryant
(13) Arian Foster
(36) C.J. Spiller
(37) Keenan Allen
(60) Stevan Ridley
(61) Mike Wallace
(84) Tom Brady QB
(85) Dennis Pitta
(108) Jeremy Hill
(109) Jay Cutler QB
(132) James Starks
(133) Rams D/ST
(156) Steven Hauschka
(157) Jonathan Dwyer
(180) Zach Ertz
(181) Brandon LaFell

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
^ Has the potential to be a very good team but could of been a much deeper team if you would of taken your d and kicker later

12 team ppr pick 11:

QB: Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger
HB: Toby Gerhart, Lamar Miller, Khiry Robinson, Fred Jackson
WR: Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall, Keenan Allen, Desean Jackson, Jordan Mathews
TE: Zach Ertz, Delanie Walker
K: Justin Tucker
D:Cleveland

Julio Jones (11)
Brandon Marshall (14)
Toby Gerhart (35)
Keenan Allen (38)
Desean Jackson (59)
Lamar Miller (62)
Zach Ertz (83)
Jay Cutler (86)
Khiry Robinson (107)
Fred Jackson (110)
Jordan Mathews (131)
Ben Roethlisberger (134)
Delanie Walker (155)
Justin Tucker (158)
Cleveland D (179)

Metapod fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 19, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

12 team standard scoring, picking 12th. Pretty happy overall. I'm still trying to work out may strategy for late round picks. Probably should have looked for another WR earlier. Thoughts?

QB: (84) Tom Brady, (109) Jay Cutler
RB: (13) Arian Foster, (36) C.J. Spiller, (60) Stevan Ridley, (108) Jeremy Hill, (132) James Starks, (157) Jonathan Dwyer
WR: (12) Dez Bryant, (37) Keenan Allen, (61) Mike Wallace, (181) Brandon LaFell
TE: (85) Dennis Pitta, (180) Zach Ertz
D/ST: (133) Rams D/ST
K: (156) Steven Hauschka

(12) Dez Bryant <- Dig It
(13) Arian Foster <- Risky, but the upside is there.
(36) C.J. Spiller <- See above.
(37) Keenan Allen <- Nice pick this far back.
(60) Stevan Ridley <- Could do well this year, could disappoint you.
(61) Mike Wallace <- Not bad for the 6th, unspectacular but viable.
(84) Tom Brady QB <- QB is super deep so you might have been able to wait.
(85) Dennis Pitta <- Same goes for TE.
(108) Jeremy Hill <- Rookie RBs almost never pan out, I would've waited here.
(109) Jay Cutler QB <- Probably undervalued due to his weapons, but a bit early for a backup IMO.
(132) James Starks <- What?
(133) Rams D/ST <- Godammit no.
(156) Steven Hauschka <- GODAMMIT. I don't even draft a kicker.
(157) Jonathan Dwyer <- Meh. I would've looked for an upside rookie here.
(180) Zach Ertz <- High upside pick, I like it.
(181) Brandon LaFell <- This is where you should have drafted your DST.

High risk, high reward with your starters. You'll either be worst or first.

Metapod posted:

^ Has the potential to be a very good team but could of been a much deeper team if you would of taken your d and kicker later

12 team ppr pick 11:

QB: Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger
HB: Toby Gerhart, Lamar Miller, Khiry Robinson, Fred Jackson
WR: Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall, Keenan Allen, Desean Jackson, Jordan Mathews
TE: Zach Ertz, Delanie Walker
K: Justin Tucker
D:Cleveland

Julio Jones (11) <- There's a lot of uncertainty with his foot, but he's a solid option.
Brandon Marshall (14) <- In PPR having him as your WR2 is pretty loving awesome.
Toby Gerhart (35) <- Too early in my opinion.
Keenan Allen (38) <- I like it.
Desean Jackson (59) <- I'm really high on Jackson this year, and think he'll do wonders. Although this is your WR4 so can you use him?
Lamar Miller (62) <- Has the potential to do well, but between Gerhart and Miller there's a lot of risk here.
Zach Ertz (83) <- TE is super deep, so I wonder if you could have waited here.
Jay Cutler (86) <- Was everyone else taken? Oh well, could have a lot of value given his weapons.
Khiry Robinson (107) <- Your RB3 is pretty weak.
Fred Jackson (110) <- He might do well, but age could also easily creep up.
Jordan Mathews (131) <- Lots of potential, good pick at this point.
Ben Roethlisberger (134) <- You need a better backup to go with Cutler IMO, unless your plan is to stream off the WW?
Delanie Walker (155) <- Not seeing the upside here.
Justin Tucker (158) <- Kicker. Meh.
Cleveland D (179) <- At least you didn't draft him in the 8th.

Clearly your WR situation is stellar, but your RB options scare me. You're putting a lot of hope into unproven backs expected to take the lions share of work in low power offenses, and you really don't have any high upside RBs to offset it. Definitely would want to hunt over the Waiver Wire.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

High risk, high reward with your starters. You'll either be worst or first.

Clearly your WR situation is stellar, but your RB options scare me. You're putting a lot of hope into unproven backs expected to take the lions share of work in low power offenses, and you really don't have any high upside RBs to offset it. Definitely would want to hunt over the Waiver Wire.

to answer your questions: the first three rounds consisted of everyone else taking at least two hbs so gerhart was the best available, all other qbs were taken up when i took culter(I believe he is qb1 material), walker is projected to have a great year this season under whisenhunt, and djax would be my insurance if julio's foot is an issue or trait bait for a hb if this were a real league.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cutler will own this year, not sure why people are down on him.

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003

Papes posted:

Cutler will own this year, not sure why people are down on him.

Because he's missed, I believe it's 13 games in the past 4 seasons, his offensive line has been historically bad for an extended period of time (not sure how much Chicago has addressed this during the offseason) which leads to the first point. Last but certainly not least, he's good for at least 1 vintage Cutler game a season where he actually nets you negative points before, if you're lucky, he ends up getting injured... and if you're not lucky, he just keeps throwing picks and taking sacks and fumbling and digging a deeper hole.

This isn't to say he shouldn't be drafted, even as a QB1, but to be confused why people would be down on him is like asking why people would think water is wet.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Anyone care if I post two of these at once?

QB: (109) Philip Rivers, (133) Andy Dalton
RB: (12) Arian Foster, (36) C.J. Spiller, (61) Stevan Ridley, (85) Maurice Jones-Drew
WR: (13) Demaryius Thomas, (37) Keenan Allen, (60) Cordarrelle Patterson, (84) Terrance Williams, (108) Steve Smith, (157) Andrew Hawkins
TE: (132) Martellus Bennett, (156) Zach Ertz
D/ST: (180) Saints D/ST
K: (181) Dan Carpenter

(12) Arian Foster
(13) Demaryius Thomas
(36) C.J. Spiller
(37) Keenan Allen
(60) Cordarrelle Patterson
(61) Stevan Ridley
(84) Terrance Williams
(85) Maurice Jones-Drew
(108) Steve Smith
(109) Philip Rivers
(132) Martellus Bennett
(133) Andy Dalton
(156) Zach Ertz
(157) Andrew Hawkins
(180) Saints D/ST
(181) Dan Carpenter

Latest 12th pick draft (and I think my last). I think I'm pretty happy / comfortable picking late now.

QB: (115) Philip Rivers, (126) Tony Romo,
RB: (6) Eddie Lacy, (30) C.J. Spiller, (54) Stevan Ridley, (67) Maurice Jones-Drew, (91) Khiry Robinson, (102) Christine Michael
WR: (19) Dez Bryant, (43) Victor Cruz, (78) Terrance Williams, (139) James Jones,
TE: (150) Martellus Bennett, (163) Ladarius Green,
D/ST: (174) Buccaneers D/ST
K: (187) Robbie Gould

(6) Eddie Lacy
(19) Dez Bryant
(30) C.J. Spiller
(43) Victor Cruz
(54) Stevan Ridley
(67) Maurice Jones-Drew
(78) Terrance Williams
(91) Khiry Robinson
(102) Christine Michael
(115) Philip Rivers
(126) Tony Romo
(139) James Jones
(150) Martellus Bennett
(163) Ladarius Green
(174) Buccaneers D/ST
(187) Robbie Gould

Could have had C. Patterson instead of Cruz, but though he would be there at my next pick. He went off the board and that set the tone for going a bit RB heavy, but rounds 5-8 were pretty meh WR wise. I'm loving taking Terrance Williams late, but love him a little less with Bryant instead of D. Thomas or B. Marshall. Also, I'm frequently seeing MJD and Gerhart on the board when my pick is up. Anyone have a preference between the two?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Gerhart by a mile.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Papes posted:

Gerhart by a mile.

Absolutely.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I just did an actual mock draft for the first time with real people that aren't goons and I definitely learned some things about Yahoo's draft room. Like you don't need to draft Matthew Stafford in the 5th because Colin Kaepernick is still sitting there in the 10th. Brandin Cooks was an autopick because my computer froze.

My WRs suck because I just couldn't stop drafting RBs that were sitting there:

QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, DST, K, #1 overall.

1. Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
2. Doug Martin (TB - RB)
3. Antonio Brown (Pit - WR)
4. Percy Harvin (Sea - WR)
5. Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
6. Steven Jackson (Atl - RB)
7. Stevan Ridley (NE - RB)
8. Zach Ertz (Phi - TE)
9. Brandin Cooks (NO - WR)
10. Colin Kaepernick (SF - QB)
11. Ladarius Green (SD - TE)
12. Jordan Matthews (Phi - WR)
13. Greg Jennings (Min - WR)
14. Alex Henery (Phi - K)
15. Chicago (Chi - DEF)

Probably didn't need Kaepernick there (definitely didn't) but I couldn't keep letting him fall. Plus you know, big homer baby.

Also Greg Jennings with Matt Cassel last season, prorated to 16 games: 94 catches, 1122 yards, 9 TD

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 20, 2014

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Deer_fire posted:

Because he's missed, I believe it's 13 games in the past 4 seasons, his offensive line has been historically bad for an extended period of time (not sure how much Chicago has addressed this during the offseason) which leads to the first point. Last but certainly not least, he's good for at least 1 vintage Cutler game a season where he actually nets you negative points before, if you're lucky, he ends up getting injured... and if you're not lucky, he just keeps throwing picks and taking sacks and fumbling and digging a deeper hole.

This isn't to say he shouldn't be drafted, even as a QB1, but to be confused why people would be down on him is like asking why people would think water is wet.

You can be down on Cutler but both B.Marshall and A.Jeffery are both being drafted as top 10 receivers so something just doesn't mesh here.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?
12-team .5 PPR Mock with Goons

1.03 - Adrian Peterson
2.10 - Jordy Nelson
3.03 - Rob Gronkowski
4.10 - Joique Bell
5.03 - Roddy White
6.10 - Nick Foles
7.03 - Kendall Wright
8.10 - Steven Jackson
9.03 - Cecil Shorts
10.10 - Deangelo Williams
11.03 - Ben Roethlisberger
12.10 - Dwayne Allen
13.03 - Jerick McKinnon
14.10 - Aaron Dobson
15.03 - Saints Defense
16.10 - Alex Henery

Starting lineup:

QB: Nick Foles
RB: AP, Joique Bell
WR: Jordy, Roddy
FLEX: Kendall Wright
TE: GRRRRROOOONNNNKKKKK

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
So one of my leagues drafted super early this year. Managed to draft this team on my phone while in the middle of a road trip. 12 man, fairly competitive, 0.5PPR.

I'm pretty happy with it, though it's weak on WRs. Hopefully one of the dudes on the bench explodes.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I'd be happy with that team. You're weaker at TE than WR but you've got undoubtably the best RB corps in your league. I like Wright and Jones as your WR3/4s.

I'd consider dropping Jstew for a flier at backup QB or maybe WR/TE

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

keldegar posted:

12-team .5 PPR Mock with Goons

1.03 - Adrian Peterson
2.10 - Jordy Nelson
3.03 - Rob Gronkowski
4.10 - Joique Bell
5.03 - Roddy White
6.10 - Nick Foles
7.03 - Kendall Wright
8.10 - Steven Jackson
9.03 - Cecil Shorts
10.10 - Deangelo Williams
11.03 - Ben Roethlisberger
12.10 - Dwayne Allen
13.03 - Jerick McKinnon
14.10 - Aaron Dobson
15.03 - Saints Defense
16.10 - Alex Henery

Starting lineup:

QB: Nick Foles
RB: AP, Joique Bell
WR: Jordy, Roddy
FLEX: Kendall Wright
TE: GRRRRROOOONNNNKKKKK

Obviously, outside of AP, you're really weak at RB. If Joique or SJax doesn't land a TD depending on who you start, you're not getting a ton of points there. But I really like the late picks of Cecil Shorts and Dobson, and of course if Gronk stays healthy you'll be a monster at the receiveing corps with him and Jordy. Kendall has a lot of upside IF Jake Locker gets his poo poo together for more than 3 games.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
1PPR 12 team mock draft:

1) Calvin Johnson
2) Alshon Jeffrey
3) Reggie Bush
4) Jordan Cameron
5)Ray Rice
6) Lamar Miller
7) Eric Decker
8) Seahawks D
9) Russell Wilson
10) Marvin Jones
11) Ladarius Green
12) Knile Davis
13) Justin Tucker
14) Bryce Brown
15) Johnny Manziel

I really like my WR corps in this draft.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

railroad terror posted:

1PPR 12 team mock draft:

1) Calvin Johnson
2) Alshon Jeffrey
3) Reggie Bush
4) Jordan Cameron
5)Ray Rice
6) Lamar Miller
7) Eric Decker
8) Seahawks D
9) Russell Wilson
10) Marvin Jones
11) Ladarius Green
12) Knile Davis
13) Justin Tucker
14) Bryce Brown
15) Johnny Manziel

I really like my WR corps in this draft.

Don't draft bush in the 3rd or rice in the 5th. Those are pretty big reaches.

Edit: and you took a defense way too early, otherwise a solid draft.

Papes fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 22, 2014

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Did a mock for my 10-man no PPR league

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/draft/2206884

1.10) Jimmy Graham
2.1) Montee Ball
3.10) Keenan Allen
4.1) Andre Johnson
5.10) Rashad Jennings
6.1) Nick Foles
7.10) Joique Bell
8.1) Mike Wallace
9.10) Golden Tate
10.1) Fred Jackson
11.10) Riley Cooper
12.1) Phil Rivers
13.10) Houston DST
14.1) Matt Prater
15.10) Eric Ebron

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

railroad terror posted:

Obviously, outside of AP, you're really weak at RB. If Joique or SJax doesn't land a TD depending on who you start, you're not getting a ton of points there. But I really like the late picks of Cecil Shorts and Dobson, and of course if Gronk stays healthy you'll be a monster at the receiveing corps with him and Jordy. Kendall has a lot of upside IF Jake Locker gets his poo poo together for more than 3 games.

Joique was a monster last season, and they're talking about giving him more touches this year? also .5 ppr.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

People that take Gronk before the 5th are really going to hate this season.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Fixed.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Gronk is the #1 TE when he's on the field. Are you suggesting he's going to be injured again? It is a tough position, even Graham played through an injury last year.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

keldegar posted:

Gronk is the #1 TE when he's on the field. Are you suggesting he's going to be injured again? It is a tough position, even Graham played through an injury last year.

How many games has gronk missed in the past 2 seasons? I think one season is, "well lightning doesn't strike twice right?" Make it rain :homebrew:. Two seasons in a row is something you should be looking into as a steep risk that early.

But yeah, When Gronk is on the field, it's just unfair. But you better get a solid back-up.

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 23, 2014

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

keldegar posted:

I'm not the kind of person to fear the injury bug as much as others. I just wouldn't suggest taking him before the 5th, and for me personally I will need my set of starting rbs/wrs before I will touch him. Gronk is the man, and what happened to him last year was a random tragedy. I dont doubt he has another amazing season in him. Hell I had him last year.

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003

Marshmallow Blue posted:

How many games has gronk missed in the past 2 seasons? I think one season is, "well lightning doesn't strike twice right?" Make it rain :homebrew:. Two seasons in a row is something you should be looking into as a steep risk that early.

But yeah, When Gronk is on the field, it's just unfair. But you better get a solid back-up.

The thing with injuries is there's freak accident type stuff and recurring stuff. Recurring stuff is stuff you can set your watch to like McFadden having a lower body injury or Bradshaw having foot issues. poo poo like Gronk's stuff is just random. He hosed his back up a while ago I think, then he came back and broke his arm, then re-broke it (recurring, but seems to be past that now), then it got infected, then, once all that was cleared up, he tore his ACL. This isn't to say he's worth a 1st round pick like he otherwise could be because there is a lot of uncertainty coming back from the ACL but his injuries are all over the map and when you start giving people the injury prone tag for random flukey things, you're going down a slippery slope pretty quickly.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I said before that there was no way anyone would draft Gronk in round 2, but I had no idea he'd be completely cleared by the start of training camp. HGH is a hell of a drug. Personally, I would still let someone else deal with the risk and go with safer options. But it's not crazy to consisder him toward the mid/end of round 2 like it was a month ago.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

keldegar posted:

Joique was a monster last season, and they're talking about giving him more touches this year? also .5 ppr.

Really? I must have completely missed that from the Lions camp. My bad then, he should be a capable RB2 for you in .5 PPR.

Re: Gronk, he's beastly when he's on the field. But you're crazy if you don't think he's getting injured again. It's not a matter of if but when he gets hurt. I say week 3.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Gronk's injuries are overrated. Aside from the forearm issue, all of his injuries are caused by other people grabbing a part of his body and twisting it in ways it was never meant to be manipulated. These aren't soft tissue injuries; no one's ACL survives TJ Ward's hit last year. This poo poo isn't predictable. Gronk just winds up hurt because football is a horribly violent sport and plenty of people are victimized by it. He keeps himself in amazing shape though so if he recovers from the ACL, I don't see any specific reason to assume he'll re-injure anything unless someone once again grabs a body part and twists.

Not like taking Gronk that early is that much more of a risk than drafting an RB anyway. Early-round RBs are still busting at a 40% clip. I'd take my chances with an elite TE.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Standard yahoo scoring

Did a 10 man drafting 10th overall:
QB: Nick Foles (70)
RB1: Marshawn Lynch (10)
RB2: Ryan Mathews (30)
WR1: Dez Bryant (11)
WR2: Keenan Allen (31)
WR3: DeSean Jackson (50)
TE: Kyle Rudolph (91)
BN: Toby Gerhart (51), Shane Vereen (71), Mike Wallace (90), Jeremy Hill (110) , DeAndre Hopkins (111)

Rating: Deep with upside at RB and WR and don't think I have a weakness, but I don't feel it has a lot of strength either. Foles and Rudolph are nice value, but I wouldn't be excited with this team.

Another 10 man drafting 2nd overall:
QB: Drew Brees (22)
RB1: Jamaal Charles (2)
RB2: Gio Bernard (19)
WR1:Cordarrelle Patterson (42)
WR2: Jeremy Maclin (59)
WR3: Kendall Wrigth (79)
TE: Rob Gronkowski (39)
BN: Rashad Jennings (62), Mike Wallace (82), Ray Rice (99), Cecil Shorts (102) , LeDarius Green (119)

Rating: Clearly rolling the dice at WR, but I LOVE all 4 of them this year. Killing it at QB, RB, and feel like Gronk will be back in form. If not, maybe Green pans out. I love this team.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I always do one throwaway redraft on ESPN before preseason as a reminder of where I was before the hype. What do you guys think? 12 team, ESPN standard scoring, I picked 1st overall.

QB: (7)Matt Ryan
RB: (1) LeSean McCoy, (4)Rashad Jennings, (6)Shane Vereen, (8)Pierre Thomas, (10)David Wilson
WR: (2)Dez Bryant, (3)Brandon Marshall, (9)Terrance Williams, (12)Brandin Cooks, (11)James Jones, (14)Odell Beckham Jr
TE: (5)Julius Thomas, (13)Dwayne Allen
PK: (15)Blair Walsh
TD: (16)New Orleans Saints

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I always do one throwaway redraft on ESPN before preseason as a reminder of where I was before the hype. What do you guys think? 12 team, ESPN standard scoring, I picked 1st overall.

RB: (1) LeSean McCoy, (4)Rashad Jennings, (6)Shane Vereen, (8)Pierre Thomas, (10)David Wilson
WR: (2)Dez Bryant, (3)Brandon Marshall, (9)Terrance Williams, (12)Brandin Cooks, (11)James Jones, (14)Odell Beckham Jr

Looks solid whaaaa.....12 teams wtf.....how did you get mccoy, dez, and marshall? haha

rb1 with plenty of talent behind him CHECK
2 top class WR1s CHECK
Top 3 TE CHECK

Looks good to me.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

This is really strong, especially if you think this year's Ryan is more '12 than '13. I think I do, but I got burned so badly last year that I'm not sure.

I wouldn't count on both Dez and Marshall lasting to 2.24 and 3.1 against people who aren't idiots.

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003

Your starting line-up for the most part looks pretty decent. Your depth is a little scary because it's a lot of lottery tickets but when you're that solid from the rounds 1-7 you can afford to go for the fences instead of trying to make hay with safe singles and doubles.

But as others said, I'd argue this isn't the best measuring stick because this team looks great because you got Bryant and Marshall long after their typical ADP. Swap them out for WR's more typically at that round 2/3 turn and you end up with the likes of Nelson/Brown/Jeffrey which while productive doesn't exactly jump off the screen.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

FFCalc mock, 12-team standard, drafting in the 1 spot, QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,TE,K DEF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Rice in the 4th? He was so bad last year, he's suspended 2 games, and we have no idea if he is even a decent fit in Kubiak's zone scheme.

• Locked thread