Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I have seen surprisingly little love for Dennis Pitta among TE value picks. Sure, he's still getting up to full speed, but he's in a Kubiak offense with no other real threats besides Smith, and Daniels has looked very pedestrian thusfar. I got him in Rd. 11 as the last starting TE off the board in a 12 team PPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Did one last mock draft after I pretty much finalized my strategy and personal targets, and I think I happy with my strategy if it ends up with something like this in my real draft tonight

1) Jimmy Graham
2) AJ Green
3) Le'Veon Bell
4) Keenan Allen
5) Joique Bell
6) Torrey Smith
7) Jeremy Maclin
8) Nick Foles
9) Ryan Matthews
10) Golden Tate
11) LeGarrette Blount
12) Jay Culter
13) Ben Tate
14) Bengals
15) Kicker

Between Graham/Green/Allen I have basically a TE/WR1-2, a true WR1 and borderline WR1-2. I like Joique as an RB2, and I also got Ben Tate at a bargain for being Cleveland's bell cow. I probably reached for Foles by a round or two, but I felt pretty confident in what I had already. I also got my RB1 handcuff. I hope my real draft goes this well

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Leperflesh posted:

Which team are you?

Oops, knew I forgot something. I am Chikan Style.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I had 2 16 team drafts this weekend and here are the teams (both yahoo):

Team 1: 1PPR, 6 TD, -2 INT (picked 11th)

Team 2: EVerything standard scoring, 3WRs, 2RBs, 1Flx

I feel both are pretty solid, but both will probably require some smart waiver moves.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Mocked as 4th pick in 14 team PPR, no flex

1) RB - Matt Forte
2) WR - Antonio Brown
3) RB - Rashad Jennings
4) WR - Torrey Smith
5) QB - Robert Griffin III
6) RB - Carlos Hyde
7) RB - Terrance West
8) WR - Justin Hunter
9) RB - Jeremy Hill
10) WR - Kelvin Benjamin
11) WR - Jordan Matthews
12) TE - Richard Rodgers
13) QB - Joe Flacco
14) DEF - Philadelphia
15) K - Greg Zuerlein

Waited too long for a TE, hoped one would fall in the 7th-9th but no one did so I just moved on and went for a sleeper. Lots of risk here, but if it hits, this team would be pretty drat solid I think.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

Did one last mock draft after I pretty much finalized my strategy and personal targets, and I think I happy with my strategy if it ends up with something like this in my real draft tonight

1) Jimmy Graham
2) AJ Green
3) Le'Veon Bell
4) Keenan Allen
5) Joique Bell
6) Torrey Smith
7) Jeremy Maclin
8) Nick Foles
9) Ryan Matthews
10) Golden Tate
11) LeGarrette Blount
12) Jay Culter
13) Ben Tate
14) Bengals
15) Kicker

Between Graham/Green/Allen I have basically a TE/WR1-2, a true WR1 and borderline WR1-2. I like Joique as an RB2, and I also got Ben Tate at a bargain for being Cleveland's bell cow. I probably reached for Foles by a round or two, but I felt pretty confident in what I had already. I also got my RB1 handcuff. I hope my real draft goes this well

I like this team. Torrey Smith as a flex is exactly where I'd be comfortable having him.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Just did my work money league. I was 9th out of 10. I'm very happy with my draft. Any input? It's ESPN standard with .25 PPR, snake.

1 Eddie Lacy, GB RB
2 Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
3 Montee Ball, Den RB
4 Jordy Nelson, GB WR
5 Alfred Morris, Wsh RB
6 Ben Tate, Cle RB
7 Cordarrelle Patterson, Min WR
8 Terrance Williams, Dal WR
9 Toby Gerhart, Jac RB
10 Jordan Reed, Wsh TE
11 Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
12 Cecil Shorts, Jac WR
13 Kenny Stills, NO WR
14 Delanie Walker, Ten TE
15 Adam Vinatieri, Ind K
16 Bengals D/ST D/ST

edit: Delanie was because we were drinking at the bar and I had to have a Titan.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Lacy 9th overall? Gerhart in the 9th? You should win this league hands down.

Your WR2 is your only weakness, really. I'd drop Big Ben for another high upside WR lottery ticket. It's only a 10 person league, you'll find a replacement QB for Rodgers' bye the week of easily.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I did have one thing helping me with Lacy. We had a strict rule that if you didn't make it to the draft your first pick was Rex Grossman no matter what. Sexy Rexy 6th overall.

I do need a WR2 for sure.

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

O sweet babby Jesus may this mock be a sign of things to come :worship:

Picking 8th, .5 ppr, on FantasyPros with Expert Pickers checked.

1.8: Jimmy Graham, NO
2.3: Demaryius Thomas, Den
3.8: Antonio Brown, Pit
4.3: C.J. Spiller, Buf
5.8: Drew Brees, NO
6.3: Chris Johnson, NYJ
7.8: Frank Gore, SF
8.3: Michael Floyd, Ari
9.8: Torrey Smith, Bal
10.3: Jeremy Hill, Cin
11.8: Zach Ertz, Phi
12.3: Golden Tate, Det
13.8: Ahmad Bradshaw, Ind
14.3: Ryan Tannehill, Mia
15.8: New England Patriots, NE
16.3: Steven Hauschka, Sea

You'd have to be drafting with a special brand of stupid for this to work out in reality. Thomas in the early 2nd is not unreasonable but also not super likely. Brown that late in the 3rd is ridiculous. Brees lasting until the end of the 5th? :lol:. Gore at the end of the 7th? Nope.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Wow, that went pretty drat well

QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flx/DST/K

1) Jimmy Graham
2) DeMarco Murray
3) Le'Veon Bell
4) Antonio Brown
5) Andre Johnson
6) Toby Gerhart
7) Pierre Garcon
8) Nick Foles
9) Terrance Williams
10) Andre Ellington
11) Mike Wallace
12) Tom Brady
13) Jordan Reed
14) Josh Gordon
15) Buffalo
16) Steven Hauschka

I feel like I got some really good bargains here: Antonio Brown in the 4th, AJ80 in the 5th, Ellington in the 10th, Brady in the 12th, and Reed in the 13th. Choosing a flex each week is going to be hard between Gerhart, Ellington, Wallace or Reed. I don't have any super breakout players at RB/WR, but a solid corp with depth (and hopefully consistency). Decided to take a flyer on Gordon because why the hell not.

But overall I'm pretty drat happy, and I definitely have some trade bait.

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 19, 2014

imphaster
Nov 24, 2004
I am completely new to fantasy football. I could use all the help I can get.

My draft is already completed. It was offline but we use Yahooo. The league is 12 teams, standard scoring, and no PPR. I was sixth in the snake draft.

We use 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1DST, 1K

Round 1: Calvin Johnson
Round 2: Andrew Luck
Round 3: Brandon Marshall
Round 4: Andre Ellington
Round 5: Toby Gerhart
Round 6: Jason Witten
Round 7: Matt Ryan
Round 8: Joique Bell
Round 9: Matt Prater
Round 10: Lamar Miller
Round 11: Eric Decker
Round 12: DEF - Carolina
Round 13: Delanie Walker
Round 14: Shayne Graham

I should mention that the draft was also a cook out and lots of drink were involve. I took two kickers because I had forgotten I'd already drafted one earlier. One guy took seven, SEVEN, receivers.

I have no idea if my draft was any good or not. Yahoo seems to love it giving me an A+ with their automatic grading. I would like some impartial humans to offer me advice. I say impartial because guys in the league have been offering me RB's since I'm weak at that position for Brandon Marshall. At least that's what they tell me. It's an all family league but I think I still need impartial advice. However, the one offer I'm torn about is Gio Bernard for Marshall straight up.

imphaster fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 19, 2014

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

imphaster posted:

My draft is already completed. It was offline but we use Yahooo. The league is 12 teams, standard scoring, and no PPR. I was sixth in the snake draft.

We use 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1DST

I should mention that the draft was also a cook out and lots of drink were involve. I took two kickers because I had forgotten I'd already drafted one earlier. One guy took seven, SEVEN, receivers.

I have no idea if my draft was any good or not. Yahoo seems to love it giving me an A+ with their automatic grading. I would like some impartial humans to offer me advice. I say impartial because guys in the league have been offering me RB's since I'm weak at that position for Brandon Marshall. At least that's what they tell me. It's an all family league but I think I still need impartial advice. However, the one offer I'm torn about is Gio Bernard for Marshall straight up.

I was about to chide you for Luck in the second but holy gently caress Brandon Marshall dropped to the third round you got a deal and a half there.

You definitely don't want to trade Marshall for Gio, Decker's not good enough to be a WR2 and having Marshall/Megatron gives you a huuuuuuuuge leg up on your (probably real bad) competition. Plus, between Ellington, Gerhart and Bell, your RB squad is pretty good. You'll probably want to watch the waiver wire for a good lottery WR, because your bench is literally just Decker. If Kelvin Benjamin didn't get drafted, I'd look for him, but I'm sure other people have some ideas for good WRs to pick. And you can drop Shayne Graham because there's never a reason to have more than one kicker, unless you're one of those sick fucks who plays in a 2K league.

Edit: actually, given that Witten's bye week isn't until 11, I'd drop Walker and Graham, and pick up a couple rookies to stash on your bench in case they get good. Benjamin is my first choice, but Mike Evans and Jordan Matthews are also good calls, and if those three are gone, look at Allen Robinson, Odell Beckham or Marquise Lee.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 19, 2014

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Daedra posted:

Just did my work money league. I was 9th out of 10. I'm very happy with my draft. Any input? It's ESPN standard with .25 PPR, snake.

1 Eddie Lacy, GB RB
2 Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
3 Montee Ball, Den RB
4 Jordy Nelson, GB WR
5 Alfred Morris, Wsh RB
6 Ben Tate, Cle RB
7 Cordarrelle Patterson, Min WR
8 Terrance Williams, Dal WR
9 Toby Gerhart, Jac RB
10 Jordan Reed, Wsh TE
11 Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
12 Cecil Shorts, Jac WR
13 Kenny Stills, NO WR
14 Delanie Walker, Ten TE
15 Adam Vinatieri, Ind K
16 Bengals D/ST D/ST

edit: Delanie was because we were drinking at the bar and I had to have a Titan.

dont be ashamed for drafting delanie. he is going to have a great year this year

Slagwag
Oct 27, 2010

"I am not a nugget!"
10 team league draft PPR today and well not the best position for drafting for me but I think it went OK. I tried to snag some good RBs then WRs as they became available and sacrificed a higher QB due to my faith in Foles who I grabbed extremely late. I banked on a stronger bench to have some options down the road.

QB: Nick Foles
RB: Eddie Lacy
RB: DeMarco Murray
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Vincent Jackson
TE: Jordan Cameron
Flex: Pierre Garcon
Kicker: Justin Tucker
Defense: Patriots

Bench: RB Shane Vereen
Bench: WR Torrey Smith
Bench: RB Lamar Miller
Bench: WR: Jeremy Maclin
Bench: RB: Stevan Ridley
Bench: RB Jeremy Hill

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Deer_fire posted:

You'd have to be drafting with a special brand of stupid for this to work out in reality. Thomas in the early 2nd is not unreasonable but also not super likely. Brown that late in the 3rd is ridiculous. Brees lasting until the end of the 5th? :lol:. Gore at the end of the 7th? Nope.

I couldn't tell you why but this particular simulator went nearly-full retard on me, and I had the "Expert" settings on. It was definitely one of the more lopsided mocks I've done; I had to post it. I'll do another one now and it should come back down to earth some.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

imphaster posted:

We use 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1DST

You did very well for a first time, and next year you will probably smash them with what you learn this year.

This is your starting lineup:

QB: Luck
RB1: Ellington
RB2: Gerhart
WR1: Megatron
WR2: Marshall
flex: Joique
TE: Witten
D/ST: Panthers
K: Prater

BE: Matt Ryan
BE: Miller
BE: Decker
BE: Walker

Drop Graham and pick up a better prospect TE. Eifert, Clay, Kelce, Reed, Ladarius Green

Next year wait on drafting a QB so you can get solid RBs and WRs. In 1ppr your team would be pretty unstoppable but in 0ppr your RBs leave a little to be desired.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Deer_fire posted:

It didn't get less retarded; my mocked starting seven:

1.8 - Eddie Lacy, GB
2.3 - Demaryius Thomas, Den
3.8 - Antonio Brown, Pit
4.3 - Randall Cobb, GB
5.8 - Aaron Rodgers, GB
6.3 - Jordan Cameron, Cle
7.8 - Chris Johnson, NYJ

imphaster
Nov 24, 2004

Yoshifan823 posted:

I was about to chide you for Luck in the second but holy gently caress Brandon Marshall dropped to the third round you got a deal and a half there.

You definitely don't want to trade Marshall for Gio, Decker's not good enough to be a WR2 and having Marshall/Megatron gives you a huuuuuuuuge leg up on your (probably real bad) competition. Plus, between Ellington, Gerhart and Bell, your RB squad is pretty good. You'll probably want to watch the waiver wire for a good lottery WR, because your bench is literally just Decker. If Kelvin Benjamin didn't get drafted, I'd look for him, but I'm sure other people have some ideas for good WRs to pick. And you can drop Shayne Graham because there's never a reason to have more than one kicker, unless you're one of those sick fucks who plays in a 2K league.

Edit: actually, given that Witten's bye week isn't until 11, I'd drop Walker and Graham, and pick up a couple rookies to stash on your bench in case they get good. Benjamin is my first choice, but Mike Evans and Jordan Matthews are also good calls, and if those three are gone, look at Allen Robinson, Odell Beckham or Marquise Lee.

It's a 1K league, I just forgot to list that.

I felt I had to pick up Luck. QB's were going fast. Before the draft snaked back to me Brees, Brady, Manning, and Rodgers were gone. The first two round consisted of QB's and RB's being taken with the occasionally WR thrown in there.

I will look at picking up those rookies.

Thanks for the advice.

Suave Fedora posted:

Drop Graham and pick up a better prospect TE. Eifert, Clay, Kelce, Reed, Ladarius Green

Next year wait on drafting a QB so you can get solid RBs and WRs. In 1ppr your team would be pretty unstoppable but in 0ppr your RBs leave a little to be desired.

Dropping Graham is the first thing I'm going to do. I just don't see the need to have a backup kicker. You think I should add a TE? I feel like I should add more depth at WR.

Thanks for the inputs so far. Much appreciated.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

imphaster posted:

You think I should add a TE? I feel like I should add more depth at WR.

My faith in Witten is considerably restrained. He is at the age (32) at where TEs suffer the biggest drop-offs versus any other position. He does benefit from Miles Austin being gone and is the favored dump-off safety valve for Romo, but then again Miles Austin wasn't really contributing the last two years and being the dump-off valve means he's among the last to get looked at. Terrence Williams is going to be MUCH more utilized than Miles Austin was in the DAL passing game.

If I draft Witten this season, it will be while holding my nose and would certainly be followed up by a young TE flier.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I wouldn't draft Witten when you can have Pitta like five rounds later, who will probably perform better.

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003

imphaster posted:

I felt I had to pick up Luck. QB's were going fast. Before the draft snaked back to me Brees, Brady, Manning, and Rodgers were gone. The first two round consisted of QB's and RB's being taken with the occasionally WR thrown in there.

:lol: that Brady was taken in the 1st or 2nd. Also, you didn't have to take Luck that early. The tier down from Brees/Manning/Rodgers is pretty much jumbled. In no particular order, Luck/Ryan/Romo/Stafford/Cutler/RG3/Newton/probably others I'm forgetting are all probably about equally likely to end up as QB4-5 by the end of the year.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Here's the initial draft I just did this weekend for my new dynasty league. It's exactly the second actual FF draft I've ever done; mostly happy with how it turned out. I picked 8th in an 8 man, no rookies.

1. Eddie Lacy
2. Jimmy Graham
3. Giovanni Bernard
4. Andrew Luck
5. Pierre Garcon
6. Michael Floyd
7. Josh Gordon
8. Shane Vereen
9. Jeremy Maclin
10. Carolina D

is the relevant portion. I took a flyer on Gordon out of hope, Luck I feel like I might have taken a bit early, but a few quarterbacks were already off the table and I had him rated as my #1 choice for dynasty anyhow. Wish I'd gotten some better WRs, but I'll try to shore that up in the rookie draft for sure, and could be pretty okay if I get lucky with Gordon. Thoughts?

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003
Yeah your WRs are pretty poo poo for this season. In a dynasty league I'd argue Gordon is worth that 7th. He definitely won't play the full season and may not even play any of this season but he's a great talent.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Deer_fire posted:

Yeah your WRs are pretty poo poo for this season. In a dynasty league I'd argue Gordon is worth that 7th. He definitely won't play the full season and may not even play any of this season but he's a great talent.

Why I gotta keep linking this article?

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003
That's cool but a random article on a site I haven't heard about until now isn't exactly some the type of evidence I'd be holding onto. I'd still bet on him being suspended.

I hope I'm wrong because 1) he's a great player and fun to watch 2) the process that he went through while pissing hot is a loving sham and 3) who gives a gently caress it's just weed. But this is also the league where a fertility drug gets you 4 games and beating a woman unconscious gets you 2 so I don't have much faith

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This guy is smart but his entire theory rests on the premise that Gordon will bring a lawsuit if the ruling is against him. That's certainly possible, and obviously what a lawyer would encourage, but it's not a certainty. It might be the case that Gordon would rather capitulate and try to make amends rather than double-down on being not-guilty. We'll just have to wait and see, but it's very very reasonable for most people to avoid drafting him until quite late, if at all, on the basis that he might not play.

You are correct that it's not certain he'll miss part or all of the season, though.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

imphaster posted:

It's a 1K league, I just forgot to list that.

I will look at picking up those rookies.

Thanks for the advice.

Dropping Graham is the first thing I'm going to do. I just don't see the need to have a backup kicker. You think I should add a TE? I feel like I should add more depth at WR.

Normally I advocate trades during preseason but I like your team a lot. Weak on RBs but not so much that it'll kill you. Do not trade Brandon Marshall or Megatron- at least to start. You won't have to. That combo is gonna get you far.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

You are correct that it's not certain he'll miss part or all of the season, though.

That's really all I'm trying to point out. There are multiple scenarios here where Gordon plays 16 games (he files for an injunction based on Ohio law and the StarCaps precedent, probably gets it granted) , 12 games (this delay is due to a settlement being worked on), 8 games (ditto), or zero games (ruling goes against him and he doesn't ask for a TRO for some insane reason).

For an 11th round pick, that's a bet I am more than willing to make.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Jokes on you, Gordon will win the appeal and play every game but all the weed he smoked made him really slow and hungry all the time and how can he catch a football if he's waiting for the dominos guy to show up

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Jokes on you, Gordon will win the appeal and play every game but all the weed he smoked made him really slow and hungry all the time and how can he catch a football if he's waiting for the dominos guy to show up

Jokes on YOU, JFF coats his gloves in illegal stick 'um that is BBQ sauce-based, Gordon has the greatest season in the history of the NFL and celebrates all his TDs by licking the ball clean. :smug:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

My theory is that he smokes so much :420: that he's reaches a point in the space-time continuum where everything is going slower than the speed of light so that's why he was so good last year

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

old dog child posted:

My theory is that he smokes so much :420: that he's reaches a point in the space-time continuum where everything is going slower than the speed of light so that's why he was so good last year

I smoke a fuckload of weed and it mostly means that when fast and noisy things happen I stand there blinking and chilling like a Hindu cow, if you asked me to high-point a ball I would probably just stare at it as it flew into Revis' open arms. :shrug:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Kloaked00 posted:

Wow, that went pretty drat well

QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flx/DST/K

1) Jimmy Graham
2) DeMarco Murray
3) Le'Veon Bell
4) Antonio Brown
5) Andre Johnson
6) Toby Gerhart
7) Pierre Garcon
8) Nick Foles
9) Terrance Williams
10) Andre Ellington
11) Mike Wallace
12) Tom Brady
13) Jordan Reed
14) Josh Gordon
15) Buffalo
16) Steven Hauschka

I feel like I got some really good bargains here: Antonio Brown in the 4th, AJ80 in the 5th, Ellington in the 10th, Brady in the 12th, and Reed in the 13th. Choosing a flex each week is going to be hard between Gerhart, Ellington, Wallace or Reed. I don't have any super breakout players at RB/WR, but a solid corp with depth (and hopefully consistency). Decided to take a flyer on Gordon because why the hell not.

But overall I'm pretty drat happy, and I definitely have some trade bait.

I don't think you need two QBs, but otherwise your draft is very good. You'll never have to worry about receiving (and your flex since you have good depth) and your RBs are more than adequate. I'd try to pawn Brady off on someone who has weak QBs. Maybe like Brady+Gerhart for a better RB2 or Brady+Reed+Gerhart for a RB1. Reed is great, but you have Graham and one TE slot so it's something to consider. Bet you could pick up Travis Kelce to replace him, too. I think you could find someone who'd bite. I have no idea how you got Ellington so cheap, but that is a serious steal. Good for you (jerk).

e: I'm suggesting those specific trades because those guys are your most redundant and it's likely there are a few teams that have awful QB/TE combos.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 19, 2014

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

May all my drafts go like this one, inshallah.

1.2Jamaal Charles, KC
2.11Doug Martin, TB
3.2Alshon Jeffery, Chi
4.11Torrey Smith, Bal
5.2Jordan Cameron, Cle
6.11Nick Foles, Phi
7.2Bernard Pierce, Bal
8.11Reggie Wayne, Ind
9.2Jeremy Hill, Cin
10.11Justin Hunter, Ten
11.2Tony Romo, Dal
12.11Jonathan Grimes, Hou
13.2Jordan Matthews, Phi
14.11Jonathan Stewart, Car
15.2J.J. Watt, Hou
16.11Dwayne Allen, Ind
17.2Jadeveon Clowney, Hou
18.11Robert Woods, Buf

I'm starting to lean going RB/RB/WR/WR, I find that you can grab plenty of WRs late if you go RB/RB/RB, but then you end up scrambling for a TE and a QB who both tend to cluster around the same time. By going RB/RB/WR/WR you can come back around for Pierce and Hill, and I think there's a really damned good chance one of those two ends up as a solid RB2 at some point.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

old dog child posted:

I don't think you need two QBs, but otherwise your draft is very good. You'll never have to worry about receiving (and your flex since you have good depth) and your RBs are more than adequate. I'd try to pawn Brady off on someone who has weak QBs. Maybe like Brady+Gerhart for a better RB2 or Brady+Reed+Gerhart for a RB1. Reed is great, but you have Graham and one TE slot so it's something to consider. Bet you could pick up Travis Kelce to replace him, too. I think you could find someone who'd bite. I have no idea how you got Ellington so cheap, but that is a serious steal. Good for you (jerk).

e: I'm suggesting those specific trades because those guys are your most redundant and it's likely there are a few teams that have awful QB/TE combos.

Yeah, I definitely didn't need to pick up Brady or Reed but the value of getting them in the 12th and 13th respectively was too good to pass up. I got them specifically to trade. I like those trade ideas too, much appreciated

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Kloaked00 posted:

Yeah, I definitely didn't need to pick up Brady or Reed but the value of getting them in the 12th and 13th respectively was too good to pass up. I got them specifically to trade. I like those trade ideas too, much appreciated

Drafting guys with the sole intention of trading them never works out the way you think it will, unfortunately.

Here's my draft tonight that I did while in class, on my phone.

10 teams, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 0 PPR, return yards are 15 yds/pt

QB: Cutler
RB: McCoy, Ellington
WR: Brown, White
TE: Ertz
Flex: Welker
K: Bailey
DEF: Denver (autodrafted, phone died)

Bench
WR: Hilton, Decker, Benjamin
RB: CJ0K, D. Williams
TE: Pitta

So, being on my phone at the outer limits of wifi, was pretty challenging. At the turn of round 10/11, I had both Ertz and Pitta queued up, but went to take Steven Jackson first. Instead, the app hadn't updated, so Jackson wasn't actually available, and it took Ertz automatically somehow and then Pitta immediately afterward.

I got sniped hard on QBs, as Ryan, RG3, Foles, and Romo all went directly ahead of me in some kind of secondary QB rush in the 8th round.

So far I think priority is to look into a good week 1 defense, and figure out what I want to do with Ertz/Pitta, though I may wait that out since I already have them, and see who looks better once the season starts.

Axl Rose
Apr 29, 2013
Just did my first real draft of the season. It's a 10 team standard scoring, 3 wr no flex league. It's also the smallest league I've played in in 3 or 4 years, so I'm having a tough time evaluating it. Here's my team:
1. (3) Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)
2. (18) Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
3. (23) Zac Stacy (StL - RB)
4. (38) Roddy White (Atl - WR)
5. (43) Cordarrelle Patterson (Min - WR)
6. (58) Rashad Jennings (NYG - RB)
7. (63) Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
8. (78) Terrance Williams (Dal - WR)
9. (83) Jordan Reed (Was - TE)
10. (98) Carlos Hyde (SF - RB)
11. (103) Justin Hunter (Ten - WR)
12. (118) Jeremy Hill (Cin - RB)
13. (123) Tampa Bay (TB - DEF)
14. (138) Jordan Matthews (Phi - WR)
15. (143) Ladarius Green (SD - TE)

Does anyone have any ideas on where I need improvement?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Combo posted:

Drafting guys with the sole intention of trading them never works out the way you think it will, unfortunately.

Here's my draft tonight that I did while in class, on my phone.

10 teams, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 0 PPR, return yards are 15 yds/pt

QB: Cutler
RB: McCoy, Ellington
WR: Brown, White
TE: Ertz
Flex: Welker
K: Bailey
DEF: Denver (autodrafted, phone died)

Bench
WR: Hilton, Decker, Benjamin
RB: CJ0K, D. Williams
TE: Pitta

So, being on my phone at the outer limits of wifi, was pretty challenging. At the turn of round 10/11, I had both Ertz and Pitta queued up, but went to take Steven Jackson first. Instead, the app hadn't updated, so Jackson wasn't actually available, and it took Ertz automatically somehow and then Pitta immediately afterward.

I got sniped hard on QBs, as Ryan, RG3, Foles, and Romo all went directly ahead of me in some kind of secondary QB rush in the 8th round.

So far I think priority is to look into a good week 1 defense, and figure out what I want to do with Ertz/Pitta, though I may wait that out since I already have them, and see who looks better once the season starts.

Not bad at all for phone drafting. I'd sit on Pitta/Ertz too to see who floats to the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Axl Rose posted:

Just did my first real draft of the season. It's a 10 team standard scoring, 3 wr no flex league. It's also the smallest league I've played in in 3 or 4 years, so I'm having a tough time evaluating it. Here's my team:
1. (3) Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)
2. (18) Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
3. (23) Zac Stacy (StL - RB)
4. (38) Roddy White (Atl - WR)
5. (43) Cordarrelle Patterson (Min - WR)
6. (58) Rashad Jennings (NYG - RB)
7. (63) Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
8. (78) Terrance Williams (Dal - WR)
9. (83) Jordan Reed (Was - TE)
10. (98) Carlos Hyde (SF - RB)
11. (103) Justin Hunter (Ten - WR)
12. (118) Jeremy Hill (Cin - RB)
13. (123) Tampa Bay (TB - DEF)
14. (138) Jordan Matthews (Phi - WR)
15. (143) Ladarius Green (SD - TE)

Does anyone have any ideas on where I need improvement?

TE may be unsettled for you. Reed has the skillset to excel and is in a friendly offense, but he carries more risk than just about any other TE aside from Gronk as he is one concussion away from runny egg brains. Hold onto L. Green as long as you can afford to. Otherwise a solid draft top to bottom. I like Stacy in std scoring.

• Locked thread