Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CommonTerry posted:

introvert means that you lose energy in social situations and extrovert means you gain it. that's why it's pseudoscience. introvert and extrovert are words in the same way enturbulate is a word.

oh look at this ambivert here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

This person isn't introverted. This person is a bore.

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
im a gay introvert

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

mr.capps posted:

oh look at this ambivert here

I googled that and if that's true forbes.cum says I'm a good shill

I'm shy but I like and feel good talking to people and enjoy the presence of others. Also, I bet you've heard a lot of negative press about time shares...

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Arian_Samurai posted:

there is a difference?

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Arian_Samurai posted:

It's amazing how much energy some people will apparently put into convincing themselves they're not boring depressed losers

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Iggy Koopa posted:

yeah i also read a lot of books but im human garbage lol

This but unironically

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Why are introvert comics always about how the introvert is a victim or otherwise mistreated.

I want to read a comic about an extrovert who can't get his lame friends to do things.

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
Are you a stupid human being? Well boy howdy do we have a web comic for you

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

unlimited shrimp posted:

Why are introvert comics always about how the introvert is a victim or otherwise mistreated.

I want to read a comic about an extrovert who can't get his lame friends to do things.

Because people with social anxiety who don't blame others or act the victim actually make progress towards overcoming it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

black1abel posted:

Are you a stupid human being? Well boy howdy do we have a web comic for you

stupid faggots need the most love

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian

this is how most house parties went for me in college so even though I'm 'supposed' to cringe at these it actually makes me feel better that i am not alone. i don't 'self-identify' as an 'introvert' or anything, i'm just not wired in a way that would allow me to have anything more than a social anxious time at a house party

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

cis white male posted:

this is how most house parties went for me in college so even though I'm 'supposed' to cringe at these it actually makes me feel better that i am not alone. i don't 'self-identify' as an 'introvert' or anything, i'm just not wired in a way that would allow me to have anything more than a social anxious time at a house party
same except about internet forums where dudes gently caress exhaust pipes from cars.

hint: just because you're not "alone" and there are other stupid people just as hosed up and broken as you out there doesn't mean that you're not a piece of literal human trash and shouldn't actively be trying to fix your broken piece of poo poo excuse for a brain.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

unlimited shrimp posted:

american society has always considered high inborn inhibition being something that needs to be treated, rather than just as aspect of someones personality. the attempt of conforming people to a monoculture is important to pretty much every major social group except maybe hippies. this leads pretty much every introverted person feeling persecuted, which gives you the groan worthy comics u see in this thread.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Whirlwind Jones posted:

same except about internet forums where dudes gently caress exhaust pipes from cars.

hint: just because you're not "alone" and there are other stupid people just as hosed up and broken as you out there doesn't mean that you're not a piece of literal human trash and shouldn't actively be trying to fix your broken piece of poo poo excuse for a brain.

Jesus man. You don't pull any punches, do you

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Jesus man. You don't pull any punches, do you
I'm salty as hell online sometimes.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I'm salty as hell online sometimes.

You did nothing wrong. It was just a little surprising is all

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

CommonTerry posted:

Because people with social anxiety who don't blame others or act the victim actually make progress towards overcoming it.

its true

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

CommonTerry posted:

I fully acknowledge that my problems are all my own fault and lol if you think I'm making any progress whatsoever

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Are you actively trying to improve yourself in that area?

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

yeah that was it thank you

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I used to think I was an introvert because I like being alone but I guess you have to be a stupid smelly fag on tumblr with no irl friends as well. is it rally that hard for people to pretend theyre having a good time so that other people can enjoy themselves? selfish bitches

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

memy posted:

This but unironically

im never ironic

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

tips posted:

I'd like to ask everyone to tape this to your computer and consult it before posting at me in the future. Thanks.

-make no sudden movements
-do not make eye contact
-back away slowly, never turn your back and run
-if charged at by an introvert, stand your ground

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Necc0 posted:

-make no sudden movements
-do not make eye contact
-back away slowly, never turn your back and run
-if charged at by an introvert, stand your ground

Please do not feed the introverts

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

cat aggression is my sexual trigger

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Iggy Koopa posted:

im never ironic

carry on then

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

be honest that stairwwell is ur home isnt it

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

memy posted:

I fully acknowledge that my problems are all my own fault and lol if you think I'm making any progress whatsoever

now to stop acting the victim...

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
don't breathe on them they might wither away and die of a cold

like those weird cave fish without eyes, pale translucent white skin

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
So, is introversion a genetic defect ? Humans are supposed to be a social species, right ? Anything that goes against this must be

a mistake.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The link in the OP is pretty creepy. Your condition is innate. You are vulnerable and easily overwhelmed. This is who you are - you cannot change but why would you want to? Buy my cult book and be safe.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Whirlwind Jones posted:

How to Care for Introverts Rule 1 of 1.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Other people just aren't as sensitively tuned to the world like I am. They don't see the intricacies woven into Sherlock & Supernatural but it's all there; the sexual tension, the fact they are spiritual werewolves, the continuity between the faniverses, everything. Philistines!

the best bit of that new season of sherlock was them making fun of the losers who make Sherlock fanfic. wonder if supernatural has a lot of that or if they roll with it and try to make White Bread and Other Guy sexier/more badass every season

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Strategic Tea posted:

The link in the OP is pretty creepy. Your condition is innate. You are vulnerable and easily overwhelmed. This is who you are - you cannot change but why would you want to? Buy my cult book and be safe.

why is that creepy? its just weird and worng.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Isn't this just more tumblr-let-me-think-of-inane-labels-for-all-my-disorders bile?

I am a bi-polisexual omega-intro-ambivert pony-furry with an inversi-queer flux-capacitating decisgender.

Roy fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jul 22, 2014

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mulefisk posted:

Isn't this just more tumblr-let-me-think-of-inane-labels-for-all-my-disorders bile?

basically

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

i have literal (diagnosed) aspergers and these comics are how i feel when i'm particularly self conscious or depressed - idk why you'd fetishize being unable to talk to people properly

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I used to think I was an introvert because after work I would much rather chill out on the couch and use my dog as an armrest than be social.

I've since come to the conclusion that I'm just a misanthropic shitheel in a god awful job at a god awful company staffed exclusively by other misanthropic shitheels.

Can I make a Tumblr Disorder out of that to gain e-cred and oppression points?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Generic Monk posted:

i have literal (diagnosed) aspergers and these comics are how i feel when i'm particularly self conscious or depressed - idk why you'd fetishize being unable to talk to people properly

Same. As someone with Asperger's syndrome (well, changed to high functioning autism in DSM-V), avoidant personality disorder, Klinefelter's syndrome and fibromyalgia, I think the guy making these comics is a whiny bitch.

• Locked thread