Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
close loopholes that make rich CEO's richer or increase the gas tax for the first time in 20 years to pay for our crumbling highways?

nah, gently caress it. just delay when people can put money in to their pensions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
faaaaaaaaaaaart

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

when i read threads like this i think, dang people use to put effort into ops, then i remembered ,no wait, they just copied and pasted whole news articles. keep up the good work.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ok

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
It is pretty much bullshit yes.

It's stupid but the road situation is getting loving ridiculous and a microcosm of much larger issues.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Iggy Koopa posted:

when i read threads like this i think, dang people use to put effort into ops, then i remembered ,no wait, they just copied and pasted whole news articles. keep up the good work.

same

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I got an idea on how you guys can get the money. After you've spent those untold billions to Lockheed-Martin on all your war bullshit, turn around and point your new Lockheed-Martin weapons at the company and get your money back. This is fool proof and I think you should give me 10% for giving you this brilliant idea. Happy to help!

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Charles Bukowski posted:

I got an idea on how you guys can get the money. After you've spent those untold billions to Lockheed-Martin on all your war bullshit, turn around and point your new Lockheed-Martin weapons at the company and get your money back. This is fool proof and I think you should give me 10% for giving you this brilliant idea. Happy to help!

its better than almost literally every other kind of massive money wasting (the kind that leaves forever)

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Here's what's hosed up boys. People always complain about walmart doing the under 40 hours thing to not have to pay out benefits. But have any of you smug bastards look at "entry level" federal jobs lately? Same poo poo

For real though. Look at the US forest service or the USPS.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 17, 2014

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
i accepted the fact i will be poor and eating dog food when i am old

we gotta start coming up with unique and interesting ways of preparing pedigree, folks

warderenator
Nov 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad I don't have a pension.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Ramsus posted:

Here's what's hosed up boys. People always complain about walmart doing the under 40 hours thing to not have to pay out benefits. But have any of you smug bastards look at "entry level" federal jobs lately? Same poo poo

For real though. Look at the US forest service or the USPS.

or almost all jobs nowadays. its a miracle to land a full time job with benefits

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
OBAMA!!!!!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Robo Reagan posted:

meow meow meow cat noises meow meow purr meow meow cat noise meow meow

Pension meow meow crumble purr meow

That is literally what I got from what you wrote OP.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

um excuse me its called a 401k maybe you should get one poor?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

psyopmonkey posted:

That is literally what I got from what you wrote OP.

think of it like this if they delay your pension that's less estrogen you'll be able to take during retirement

HalPhilipWalker
Feb 14, 2008
Does Christmas smell like oranges to you?
It's okay. I don't plan on living much longer anyways.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Robo Reagan posted:

think of it like this if they delay your pension that's less estrogen you'll be able to take during retirement

Thats funny. :thumbsup:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the gently caress is a pension, lol

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

lol if you don't fund your 401k and ira to the max every year

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i know goons are hilariously successful at everything they do and pensions are for peasants but lol when you dick around with the peasants too much

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Robo Reagan posted:

i know goons are hilariously successful at everything they do and pensions are for peasants but lol when you dick around with the peasants too much

watch out for domestic terror cells at the local Country Kitchen Buffets :ohdear:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Yes, let's expose our retirement savings to the stock market.

What could go wrong?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

people know this but israel exists and russia gets to shoot down planes, america gets to shoot down planes and glass a region its not a stretch to believe nothing will happen

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

EugeneJ posted:

Yes, let's expose our retirement savings to the stock market.

What could go wrong?

uhhhh I hate to break it to you but 137% of all pensions exist at least partially in the stock market

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

people know this but israel exists and russia gets to shoot down planes, america gets to shoot down planes and glass a region its not a stretch to believe nothing will happen

probs not but it's fun to see how far things go before they back off

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Robo Reagan posted:

lmao

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

what sort of retard poor do you have to be that your retirement isn't a balanced basket of benjamin stacks in your walls, money in jersey/the cayman islands, and a cell phone with a slew of numbers of people who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
saving for retirement? the gently caress is a retirement??

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

paranoid randroid posted:

sometimes when you drive over a nail or something sharp your tires burst and you have to go in and get your wheels RE-TIRED

:holy:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
not to piss on your parade, but ive got my pension locked in.

collecting a cool $260/month for the rest of my life :smug:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dee eight posted:

cool congrats glad you're everyone else in the US lol

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

dee eight posted:

:gowron:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

dee eight posted:

do you suggest mixed market accounts? a friend said those are better than C/D

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

dee eight posted:

ballin well within government-supervised control with weekly check-ups

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

It's when the farmer takes you out back and shoots you in the head.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i thought pensions were implemented specifically so our elderly didnt end up having to sling cat smack to get by

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i thought pensions were implemented specifically so our elderly didnt end up having to sling cat smack to get by

the elderly still regularly eat catfood

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
thats awful. you never get high on your own supply...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Nonsense posted:

do you suggest mixed market accounts? a friend said those are better than C/D

no no you misunderstand. this is an actual pension from a corporation that i worked for for 30 years. its not a 401 or ira or social security

• Locked thread