Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Standings:

Stats Leaders:

Amazing stuff as Edmonton fights to prove their worth and Winnipeg tries to establish one of the better starts they've had to a season in decades, Ottawa finally gets a home game. Ti-Cats backup QB Masoli takes over an injured Collaros against the Calgary Stampeders, then finally Solomon Elimimian and his Lions defence try to shut down the Alouette offence.

US Broadcast schedule
Thursday, July 17 8:30pm ET Edmonton vs Winnipeg ESPN2
Friday, July 18 10:00pm ET Hamilton vs Calgary ESPN2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Thank god the Riders have the week off.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
GO GREENGOLDS.

The 70k+ 50/50 draw went unclaimed last week so it rolls over to this game. Someone's going to get paid today. Too bad the weather in Edmonton has been horrific the last two days, maybe keeping some fans away. It was ashing yesterday and it's been raining all day today. At least it washed all the smoke away.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

GuavaMoment posted:

GO GREENGOLDS.

The 70k+ 50/50 draw went unclaimed last week so it rolls over to this game. Someone's going to get paid today. Too bad the weather in Edmonton has been horrific the last two days, maybe keeping some fans away. It was ashing yesterday and it's been raining all day today. At least it washed all the smoke away.

This game is in Winnipeg :ssh:

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
WELL gently caress I'M A DUMBASS THEN.

Also people at work were talking about going to the game so they're dumb too but I knew that already.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
but yeah its going to be rolled into next weeks 50/50 which will probably hit 150k+ if the weather is nice

go greengolds

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
That's almost as bad as a kickoff return can possibly get.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hop skip and a pick six.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
:laffo: Keep doing that Winnipeg, thanks

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

What the gently caress, CFL penalizes celebrating now? Dead to me, league. Dead to me.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Welcome to an adventure in kickoffs

mindofme
May 19, 2003

Learn trispace and never have to think about math again!
Picked. gently caress. Reilly looked right at him.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Quest For Glory II posted:

What the gently caress, CFL penalizes celebrating now? Dead to me, league. Dead to me.

He threw the ball into the crowd, that's always been a penalty, and it makes sense as to why.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Bowman noo

mindofme
May 19, 2003

FG Intercepted by the uprights. gently caress yes!

LETS GO GREENGOLDS

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Go Bluegolds :ohdear:

e: right as I post that, goddamnit

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Red Red Blue posted:

Go Bluegolds :ohdear:

e: right as I post that, goddamnit

Neither of those major fouls looked malicious, but drat did Stamps get rocked. :(

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Racking up those into the crowd misconducts

mindofme
May 19, 2003

Couldn't have been more open than a 7/11 in a windstorm...

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

fits posted:

Racking up those into the crowd misconducts

Huh, so that's a new one. Offensive balls into crowd not a penalty because it's your own ball. Or was it just because he gently tossed it into the crowd?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

GuavaMoment posted:

Huh, so that's a new one. Offensive balls into crowd not a penalty because it's your own ball. Or was it just because he gently tossed it into the crowd?

Isn't there some new rule this year that teams can bring their own balls to use for their offense? So throwing away an offensive ball isn't one of Winnipegs balls so it doesn't cost them, I guess?

mindofme
May 19, 2003

Can someone please gif those somersaults?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

mindofme posted:

If it's in the official replay video when that gets up I can grab them. I can't remember the last time I saw a profession sports team troll the other team like I have tonight, and I'd like a reminder of it. It'll help when the Esks inevitably lose their first playoff game later this season.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Eskimos are back baby

mindofme
May 19, 2003

fits posted:

Eskimos are back baby

GREENGOLDS own. 4-0 whoooo

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009

fits posted:

Isn't there some new rule this year that teams can bring their own balls to use for their offense? So throwing away an offensive ball isn't one of Winnipegs balls so it doesn't cost them, I guess?

Yeah teams each get to use their own balls this year instead of the balls just coming from a communal bag. It involves having 2 extra ball boys during the game and is extremely stupid.

mindofme posted:

GREENGOLDS own. 4-0 whoooo

Also this :toot::dance::siren::dance::toot:

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

GuavaMoment posted:

I can't remember the last time I saw a profession sports team troll the other team like I have tonight,

There are individual players that get a bit over the top, but for teams there was the TiCats in a boat, the lovely nonsense that was Swaggerville and the all-time best TD celebration wherein Kerwin Bell was so pleased that he scored that he spiked the ball and allowed it to bounce back to hit him in the nuts.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

I'll take this start, go ARGOS

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
The historic first on-field fatality for the REDBLACKS. :( drat, dude.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
gently caress it, I'm on the REDBLACKS wagon. This game rules.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
The best game of SACKS and FIELD GOALS

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

gently caress you Ottawa!

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

Historic first victory for the Rouge et Noir! What an interception!

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Get pooped on, Ricky.

REDBLACKS

Crotch Turtles
May 1, 2005

by Lowtax
Clue me in please, how is it they hosed up a field goal your average NCAA team would handle flawlessly?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Crotch Turtles posted:

Clue me in please, how is it they hosed up a field goal your average NCAA team would handle flawlessly?

The average NCAA team would be the favorite over a chronically bad CFL team like the Ticats.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Oy, what a terrible offensive performance by the Stamps last night. Thank goodness it came against Hamilton, and not a team that'd have made us pay for it.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Best part of the TOR-OTT game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hXgI0zKdMk

League commissioner... -yawn- prime minister... -bleh- Russ Jackson... HOLY poo poo, GOOD TO MEET YOU!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
ps if you didn't see it in the other thread

mindofme posted:

GuavaMoment posted:

N: Eskimos are back baby
V:

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
mindofme replied immediately after I posted that, so I think he did see it. ;)

So uh, those Alouettes. They sure are a football team.

• Locked thread