Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Eruonen posted:

Almost the exact opposite for me! I had a bunch of games I didn't have before. I ]i\think[/i] they were all part of the Sim City apology thing, but you could only choose one back then. Did that change?

I didn't get any extra apology games. Maybe you're just lucky. They'd have to give me the entire EA catalog to apologize for Sim lovely though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sober posted:

60% for a gamer? Seems awfully generous.

60% of the way to basecamp.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ragequit posted:

Man, Magic 2015 is hard. I really miss the premade decks. I just don't have the effort it takes to arrange a bunch of boosters in to a solid deck. I somewhat regret my white/blue initial choice, but it's going to take a fair amount of packs to get enough cards to create anything else.

So how does this work? I figured it would be f2p with packs, but it looks like theres a base price, does that come with just a starter pack and then the 4.99 'collections' are packs ?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Danith posted:

I wish the old Microprose Magic the Gathering would come to steam. That game was awesome

That was the one where you were a dude on a horse right? That really was awesome.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anyone got any opinions on whether or not Gods Will Be Watching is any good?

RPS had a scathing review of this game, but some goons have said they liked it. Based on the RPS review I probably wouldn't buy it.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

King Vidiot posted:

I liked Tomb Raider too, but I liked the older games and the reboots (Legend through Underworld) far and away more than I liked the newest re-reboot. Shooting mans was fun, leaping across ledges was fun, setpieces were jaw-dropping but it's not a Tomb Raider game. Maybe there'll be actual tomb raiding in the next game... I hope so. I really just want to see the gameplay from the other (actual) Tomb Raider games but in the new engine.

her boobs weren't big enough imo

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

How bad was it? SC2: HotS bad, or even worse? It constantly amazes me how Blizz can get game mechanics so perfect, make jaw-dropping FMVs/ graphics and amazing gameplay, but gently caress up story and world-building so bad. I mean, isn't the plot of Diablo game basically "kill Diablo" anyway?

The worst part about story mode is having to watch the stupid loving dialogue/cutscenes over and over. Diablo is supposed to be fast paced, but before adventure mode you spent 90% of your time skipping dialogue or cutscenes it was so stupid.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

There's an option to skip all cutscenes in Diablo 3, which you should check on. For all dialogue, just mash spacebar until people stop talking. I've played D3 a ton and I barely even know what the plot is about, such as it is. The story won't get in the way if you do those two things.

Yea but its still a thing you have to do, its not like D2 where you pretty much never have that poo poo and its constant killing. Even with skip cutscenes on it still like does a little loading screen to play the cutscene before it skips and ohhh man it has to be the worst decision in a diablo game ever.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Quest For Glory II posted:

Apparently Pixel Piracy is leaving Early Access and becoming a finished game. I mention this not because I've played it or even know what it is, but it's such a rare moment when an Early Access game IS ACTUALLY FINISHED DEVELOPMENT that we should take a moment to golf clap.

The dev:

It's also surprising because it's published by Re-logic, and we all know if Terraria was an Early Access title, it would never leave (just bein real yall!!)

Does anyone know if it turned out any good? I saw an alpha video and it looked kind of meh.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is saying you got a Steam key to get into this weekends EVOLVE alpha a break of the NDA? Well I 'heard' from someone that people who got in got steam keys in their e-mail.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 2, 2014

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Liquid Penguins posted:

[NDA BREAKER] evolve trip report:

There is no push to talk so you get to hear 4 microphones all pumping game audio at you at all times. Good luck talking to anyone over skype while playing!

I have a lot of positive things to say too, but I don't wanna get sued.

I like the NDA protection they have on the screen AT ALL TIMES.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Kibayasu posted:

It isn't and never was any more "spyware" than Steam or uPlay or any other program you ever install on your computer. Just a bunch of nerds getting mad at EA again. It's not a perfect digital storefront and service by any means but its fine.

Origin sucked because it was slow and lovely for a while, but now its fine. uPlay was a huge piece of poo poo last time I used it because it was slow and lovely also.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Drifter posted:

I just watched a 5 minute video of a press forward map in Trackmania 2 Canyons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-gM0duBAdg

It impresses the gently caress out of me that people design poo poo like this. It's so amazing.

I watched the entire thing, it's loving awesome.

That is so cool. press forward is literally what it means right? You just press go and the map does the driving for you?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

is alpha protocol good?

I thought it was really bad when I played it, really clunky controls and terrible shooting.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I never felt the combat in Dishonored was janky and my first play through was a non stop stealthless murder spree.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I've been using that auto idler to hit up the 251 games I hadn't managed to idle for cards in, but now when I try to sell my hard earned e-trading cards I get this message that says I must add funds to my steam wallet and blah blah. This just started happening as I've had no problem selling cards in the past and have also added funds to my steam wallet what is this about?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone got opinions of Blackguards now? I remember there were some poor opinions when it was first early accessed so I'm just wondering if its improved at all.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Drifter posted:

If you're going to be spending 40 bucks just buy Divinity Original Sin. It's better than Blackguards in every way - even in writing (which it isn't good at).

I played the Blackguards demo and it was bad. Poor writing, boring combat. Everything about it made me not want to play more of it.

Thanks, was going to get it for 14 on sale at humble, but it sounds like it is still bad.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Tezzeract posted:

Some more The Crew beta keys:

TMJE-3JRJ-3RHB-8JHN
PDBG-CLTY-MAVA-K7UA

Thanks I snagged the top one!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone know if legend of dungeon is any good solo?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone have any idea how to get Zombies Monsters Robots to play at 1920x1080 resolution? I'm not seeing the option in options.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
ZMR would be kind of fun if it wasn't so laggy. Is there a thread anywhere around here for it?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Deakul posted:

Guild Wars 2 free trial is going on if anyone had interest in it.
I think I might be interested since I heard combat is supposed to be more action oriented instead of WoW where you just target an enemy and spam hotkey abilities.
I could be wrong though.

A lot of goons seemed to think GW2 was some kind of second coming MMO, but I found combat only slightly more interesting than WoW and thought it was a really ugly game.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I wish in the Steam UI there was a way to show when your game last received an update, like in the list view. "Last Updated".

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Banner Saga is $5 on Amazon. Any good?

I liked it, its kind of like viking oregon trail with turn based combat sections.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I guess the last boss in Shadows of Mordor is a QTE. Which is a poo poo thing to do.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone tried Styx?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Croccers posted:

I dunno. BL2 had Internet Memes and Tiny Tina and those are worse than cancer. How many Internet Memes and Tiny Tinas does Pre-Sequel have?

The worst part of Borderlands is Claptrap and now he's a playable character!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

I had the terrifying realization that Keanu is basically the Willis of the 2000s. Sobering at best.

I hope they make a new fifth element

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Kin posted:

Before the thread got derailed a few of us were left hanging wondering just what exactly this game is?

Is it a better X3? Is it like a modern freelancer?

So far its an unfinished thing that is kind of fun to build ships in. At least the last I played it which was admittedly a couple months ago.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Tezzeract posted:

I don't mind microtransactions when they're micro, like paying a few cents to speed something stupid up. I usually don't do it, but its not a huge deal.

What's annoying is when 'microtransactions' means charging 40$ to barely get anything and charging 100$ because screw you, we can charge that much.

The only microtransactions I don't mind are cosmetic stuff. Timer games get boring after a while because the timers seem like they just keep going up and up until you get fed up and spend .99 and then they go up again. DOTA2 does micro-transactions well I think because they are all pretty much completely pointless unless you care how your dude looks and even then you can trade/get a lot of stuff without spending any of your pennies.

Also microtransactions in games where you've already spent $60 are really, really loving stupid. Especially when devs neuter the mod tools so that they can charge a premium for adding content that could be added by the community.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks! I grabbed an extra copy!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yaws posted:

How is Divinity: Original Sin?

Its fun at first but lovely writing turns it into a boring slog.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Stardrive is actually a lot of fun, a lot of goons got pissy because he didn't add in multiplayer or something, but its a fun game on its own without multiplayer.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So is the Starmade on steam the same one that was free before? Is there enough awesome new stuff to actually pay money for it?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Mark of the Ninja, if you haven't played it is probably my most favoritest modern platformer.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Damnit don't crash the prices of cards right now, I was only a few cents away from Deadnauts.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
That price for prison architect is a good deal and its a fun game already and theres a mod that turns it into star wars prison

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Everblight posted:

And if you are a huge fan of supernatural adventure games, you can literally play all 5 Blackwell's games for less than Murdered: Soul Suspect and have more fun.

EDIT: For new page

Needs Gabe's face plastered on the Combine guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Drifter posted:

It's cool that there are people who play rpgs and don't like the Witcher games. Same that it's cool that there are people who truly enjoy Adam Sandler's modern comedies.

They're not bad people, but it doesn't alter the truths that Sandler puts together lazy, lovely and horrible modern comedies and Witcher 1 is a fabulous game as a product of its time - it's good, but not a timeless good due to some mechanics, unfortunately -, and Witcher 2 is a fantastic game with some slight Batman-esque timing elements to its combat that turned off a lot of people because they didn't like it (but it was fine). Witcher 2 is a legitimately rock solid game with some fuckin' fantastic parts and an overall drat good everything else (I won't deny the opening was rather weird). It looks great, handles nicely and is well worth people giving it a shot. CD Projekt has earned a day one, full-price buy of Witcher 3 from me...and if Witcher 3 turns out to be as fuckin' boss as I think it may be (my expectations :argh:) Cyberpunk 2077 is also a day 1.

Witcher 1 was poo poo no matter how you look at it really.

• Locked thread